Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DrewHou
Tesla called me. Then sent me a text message. Asking me to do the Survey tomorrow. I couldn’t hear anyone on the phone. But they told me by text. That a spot came available at the last minute. The Tesla Way. 😆
They must be on a roll today. I had them reach out today too. However, mine was because the system didn’t see the electric bill I uploaded what seems like forever ago. I now have an email saying I have a project advisor assigned. So most likely I just got bumped to the bottom of the list due to a system error.. now THAT is the Tesla way! Haha

They must be on a roll today. I had them reach out today too. However, mine was because the system didn’t see the electric bill I uploaded what seems like forever ago. I now have an email saying I have a project advisor assigned. So most likely I just got bumped to the bottom of the list due to a system error.. now THAT is the Tesla way! Haha
I never got an email for a project advisor. I got 4 emails to confirm the survey appointment. 4. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
Tesla Survey guy. Got here about 8am. Explained to me how they physically stack PW’s. They only stack them back to back. When the PW is mounted on the floor. If mounted on the wall. They will hang only one.
I showed him. Where I would like them hung. I told him. I can move anything in this garage. As long as I get two more PW’s. He explained that he will draw it up. Tesla will give me a few options. The price changes for a run of emt. Further away from the existing system.

Tesla Survey guy. Got here about 8am. Explained to me how they physically stack PW’s. They only stack them back to back. When the PW is mounted on the floor. If mounted on the wall. They will hang only one.
I showed him. Where I would like them hung. I told him. I can move anything in this garage. As long as I get two more PW’s. He explained that he will draw it up. Tesla will give me a few options. The price changes for a run of emt. Further away from the existing system.
Interesting. Yeah I am wondering how they will deal with my setup. I have both of mine hung on the wall and no great place to put the other two in the garage. Maybe now that I’m on the list I will get lucky like yourself and get an open appointment at random. Mostly interested just to see how they can make it work and see how much it REALLY is going to cost.

Reactions: Jones1
Interesting. Yeah I am wondering how they will deal with my setup. I have both of mine hung on the wall and no great place to put the other two in the garage. Maybe now that I’m on the list I will get lucky like yourself and get an open appointment at random. Mostly interested just to see how they can make it work and see how much it REALLY is going to cost.
I asked him about outside install. He told me they have discovered. That the PW2 does better outside. He said the lack of airflow in the garage. Isn’t good for them. I told him I had added fans in my garage. For that reason. After I put temperature sensors in my Back house and garage. So he went took pictures of an outside location to install them. He said in 4-5 days. I’ll get informed on my design options.

I asked him about outside install. He told me they have discovered. That the PW2 does better outside. He said the lack of airflow in the garage. Isn’t good for them. I told him I had added fans in my garage. For that reason. After I put temperature sensors in my Back house and garage. So he went took pictures of an outside location to install them. He said in 4-5 days. I’ll get informed on my design options.
Good to know. My only issue is the HOA won’t let me put them on the outside of my garage since it’s not fenced and the other place to put them would be near the gateway fully on the other side of the house. We shall see I guess. I wouldn’t mind them being there though.

Ok so. This is what I was paying before. My scheduled payment for November is higher than this. But when I use the simulator. I get this.
Tesla Insurance Premium

1698200745736.png

Ok so. This is what I was paying before. My scheduled payment for November is higher than this. But when I use the simulator. I get this.
Tesla Insurance Premium
Yeah my simulator shows my old pricing. I assume it’s because I’m on the last month of my policy renewal and it’s just not updated yet. Maybe it is happening to everyone though idk

Also speaking of Tesla being a mess, I had a mobile appointment scheduled for Thursday. Just a moment ago they decided to switch it to tomorrow morning when I am not available. I sent a message because now the app claims they can’t come out until two weeks later. This is the second time coming out to figure out why my AC in the model S smells like dirty feet. They swapped the filter and that done nothing. I love Tesla but they don’t make it easy to love them sometimes haha.

Also speaking of Tesla being a mess, I had a mobile appointment scheduled for Thursday. Just a moment ago they decided to switch it to tomorrow morning when I am not available. I sent a message because now the app claims they can’t come out until two weeks later. This is the second time coming out to figure out why my AC in the model S smells like dirty feet. They swapped the filter and that done nothing. I love Tesla but they don’t make it easy to love them sometimes haha.

I heard of first Model 3’s with that problem. I thought it was fixed in 2020. Man that sucks. Has to be condensation causing a mildew or mold smell

Question for those with PW + free nights plan. Curious if you've ever run out of PW during the day on hot cloudy summer days? I have 4 PW, reserve capacity set to 40% (paranoid of outages, seems to happen fairly frequently where I am at), both wife and I work from home... thinking about a switch to free nights. Just wondering if anyone has run into a situation where you just don't have enough PW capacity during the day.

Question for those with PW + free nights plan. Curious if you've ever run out of PW during the day on hot cloudy summer days? I have 4 PW, reserve capacity set to 40% (paranoid of outages, seems to happen fairly frequently where I am at), both wife and I work from home... thinking about a switch to free nights. Just wondering if anyone has run into a situation where you just don't have enough PW capacity during the day.

Sure, it happens sometimes. But not enough to affect the economic case of having that type of plan.

I heard of first Model 3’s with that problem. I thought it was fixed in 2020. Man that sucks. Has to be condensation causing a mildew or mold smell
Yeah they came out again and this time told me this is a known issue but Tesla doesn’t have a procedure yet on how to clean the coils on the S and X and basically said I need to just vent the windows and run the air for a few minutes before getting in my car. LOL what a joke. 6 figure car little over a year old and they tell me there’s no way to clean it so it doesn’t gag you with a bad smell. I wish I could swap it out for a Model Y or 3 at this point but who wants to take a 60k dollar loss on it (which is what Tesla quoted on trade) haha.

For those with Just Energy or Amigo, how long did the first bill take? I'm now 9 days past the first reading and still no bill. Mainly trying to see if I'm getting credits for generation yet. (The last payment date is always the current date so was hoping that's a sign of the generation credit)

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
So I have two PWs and a relatively small solar system for my house size. My 5 ton AC run this summer on average 12-16 hours a day. I had a few days where I hit my 20% reserve a hour or so before the free nights kicked in. I still ended up with enough credit to not pay for it though.

There’s a lot of factors at play that could make your situation different
AC temp set point
How many batteries
Solar size
All these mean no one can give you a definitive answer but as @GWord said that little bit shouldn’t break the economics of the plan. Especially if you grid charge the batteries at night and start off with fresh charged batteries every morning.

Reactions: GWord and Jones1
I've been on free nights for 10+ years, EV(s) for the past ~6, and solar/pw for past ~2 (grid charging past ~6 months). I don't think I've yet to have an "uneconomical" month. Since going solar/pw, I have <10 days where I use more than 4 kWh peak (~$1) and I would attribute all of them to automation mistakes or the car's gps not knowing it's plugged in at home and starts drawing 10 kW immediately :mad:. I have however switched one of our AC units to a HP, so we'll see how it goes this winter on cold/cloudy days.

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
For those with Just Energy or Amigo, how long did the first bill take? I'm now 9 days past the first reading and still no bill. Mainly trying to see if I'm getting credits for generation yet. (The last payment date is always the current date so was hoping that's a sign of the generation credit)
Mine was 3 days after on just energy. But it doesn’t seem to be a science. Right now I am waiting to see my next bill and still hasn’t been generated. Below is when I got my bill vs billing period. Just energy sends a email with a pdf of the bill once it hits.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 15
I have mine set at 10% reserve, I'll use every last drop unless a storm is headed our way. In summer on a "difficult" day it will usually get to 30% left. Right now I barely hit 80%. Still, had it happen a couple of times with just one PW. Once because I topped off the M3 a bit during the day and it drained 40% of the battery and another because I wasn't charging from the grid (playing around with settings).

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1