Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would someone with Just Energy in Houston check and see what bureaus they do a soft check with? You can see soft checks on creditkarma. They didn’t know (which was weird). Looking to unfreeze when I plan to try free nights again.

Went from Reliant Free nights paying $20/month to Tesla Electric, lack of sun and free charging the bill is probably going to be $100-150.

If it does, definitely going back to free nights. I’m not even sure PW3s are eligible for VPP yet (something the powerwall support couldn’t tell me either).

Reactions: Jones1
Would someone with Just Energy in Houston check and see what bureaus they do a soft check with? You can see soft checks on creditkarma. They didn’t know (which was weird). Looking to unfreeze when I plan to try free nights again.

Went from Reliant Free nights paying $20/month to Tesla Electric, lack of sun and free charging the bill is probably going to be $100-150.

If it does, definitely going back to free nights. I’m not even sure PW3s are eligible for VPP yet (something the powerwall support couldn’t tell me either).

Not surprised they don’t know; I’ve encountered this sort of thing frequently. I’ve been just paying everyone’s $100 refundable deposit for the past few years instead of going through the credit unfreeze hassle.

Reactions: SteveO332
Last winter Center Point gas bills

1703685644021.png

So far I’m saving $20-$30 the last couple of months. Using Electric Space heater’s. Bill went from $60-$70 down to $30-$50.

Reactions: DTXMME

PW3 and PW+ are not compatible with Tesla Electric VPP. That’s why I left.

PW3 and PW+ are not compatible with Tesla Electric VPP. That’s why I left.
Here's where I'm confused. Isn't joining Tesla electric with 90% buyback wholesale rates basically the same as VPP?

Tesla Powerwall support did get back to me as well.
Thank you again for reaching out and I do apologize about the delayed response back. I was able to get an update back, unfortunately you wouldn't be able to participate in the Virtual Power Plant Program as your system is enrolled for the Tesla Texas Energy Plan. It would have to be one or the other. To join, you would have to unenroll from the plan first and then after that you should have the option for the Virtual Power Plant in 7-10 business days after unenrollment or sooner.
I'm at JustEnergy now though. And interestingly enough, after the transition went live, I now see the VPP menu option in Powerwall settings, and an "application pending". I'm going to check it again in a week to see if that changes.

Reactions: DrewHou
Here's where I'm confused. Isn't joining Tesla electric with 90% buyback wholesale rates basically the same as VPP?

Tesla Powerwall support did get back to me as well.

I'm at JustEnergy now though. And interestingly enough, after the transition went live, I now see the VPP menu option in Powerwall settings, and an "application pending". I'm going to check it again in a week to see if that changes.
No it’s not. VPP you get paid a set fee. I believe it is $20. On top of the set fee. Monthly you get paid for your PW usage and the $20 for being in VPP.
Then you get preferred buy back rates. That’s not mentioned by Tesla. But I have two CoWorkers. Who are in VPP. I was not in VPP but I compared the Bills and sell back price. In realtime.

I was told by Tesla Electric. They are still working on adding PW+ and PW3 to VPP. They have to get approval from the Utility companies. They only have approval to use PW1,PW2. They don’t have approval for the newer Tesla Inverter. I was told 3rd quarter. The. They told me 4th quarter. Never happened. So I left. I will go back. When they let PW+, PW3 in the VPP. My Coworkers have a $500 credit left from this summer. They pay no electric bills and can Cash out at anytime. One of them has 1 Tesla vehicle. Or EV.

Yes. After I left. I can now see VPP application pending.
Tesla is understaffed at so many positions. I believe that is the reason. They can not get it right.

Yes. After I left. I can now see VPP application pending.
Tesla is understaffed at so many positions. I believe that is the reason. They can not get it right.
Yup, 100% agree there. One of the reps told me their Powerwall VPP (manager?) person for all of Texas was a single person. Not sure how accurate that was, but also gave me the impression they are understaffed too.

I'll be sure to post in this thread if I get any updates on VPP for PW3 or PW+.

Yup, 100% agree there. One of the reps told me their Powerwall VPP (manager?) person for all of Texas was a single person. Not sure how accurate that was, but also gave me the impression they are understaffed too.

I'll be sure to post in this thread if I get any updates on VPP for PW3 or PW+.
Yes. There’s a lot more I would say. I’m not going to post it. But I have talked on the phone with certain higher ups. I was so pissed. They finally started to message and call me to explain the issue.

@DrewHou
This has to be a new SC. A few months ago. I drove to 45N to get to a SC to go to Livingston. I would be routed here now. Glad to see one close to our Area.
Yeah I saw this one go live a month or so ago. I figured with it being so close to IAH it would be a really busy spot but so far seems to not have much congestion at least at the times I have looked at it. Still wish we had one on the belt near WLHP. Better yet one at the new HEB they are putting up in the groves. Haha I never have to SC but it would be nice to have a place to hang out for us Tesla fans haha. Place to hang out and watch for a CT 👀 haha

⬆️ THIS

I mean Tesla acknowledged they have a bug on the PW software that makes the “impact” section data in the app completely inaccurate since June and it’s still not fixed. I messaged them about it earlier this month and they said they are still aware and working on a fix. Still shows that I use the grid in peak daytime when I don’t. Between that and the lie that the vision only cars would get summon features soon I have less and less faith in anything they say. Kinda like X the app won’t load comments half the time and videos don’t load. There is such thing as cutting to many positions 😂. Granted I may be biased as someone that got laid off in the tech sector this past year haha.

⬆️ THIS

I mean Tesla acknowledged they have a bug on the PW software that makes the “impact” section data in the app completely inaccurate since June and it’s still not fixed. I messaged them about it earlier this month and they said they are still aware and working on a fix. Still shows that I use the grid in peak daytime when I don’t. Between that and the lie that the vision only cars would get summon features soon I have less and less faith in anything they say. Kinda like X the app won’t load comments half the time and videos don’t load. There is such thing as cutting to many positions 😂. Granted I may be biased as someone that got laid off in the tech sector this past year haha.
Like Elon said. The best part is no part.
That works until you need an actual part lol.

Like Elon said. The best part is no part.
That works until you need an actual part lol.
Yep, speaking of parts my last part is finally on its way from Tesla to fix my car from the accident that happened almost a year ago. Waited 6 months for a response from Tesla parts to get the door wood trim in the right color because apparently my wood trim is special and nobody told me haha. They kept responding they would get back to the repair center and never would. So hopefully it comes in sometime January. Making the total time of complete repair on the car a full year. Smh

• Informative
Amigo is cancelling my night free plan with solar buy back. They gave me some BS about my meter is no longer compatible with their night plan. It was working for few months and now no longer compatible?

I'm on the hunt for new night plan free with some solar buy back. Just Energy is their sister company so I think it will be the same issue.

Anyone has any recommendation and referral code?

Amigo is cancelling my night free plan with solar buy back. They gave me some BS about my meter is no longer compatible with their night plan. It was working for few months and now no longer compatible?

I'm on the hunt for new night plan free with some solar buy back. Just Energy is their sister company so I think it will be the same issue.

These and their other subsidiary, Tara Energy, are the only ones with a buy back component and free nights. You'll have to find another way to monetize your excess gen if you do one of the other companies.

Reactions: EL0NTRK

Weird...are you able to look up your usage here? https://www.smartmetertexas.com/home

I wonder what's up with your meter. I'm with Just Energy and no issues with their free nights + buyback.

Reactions: EL0NTRK

Maybe it's because the system is too large? They do have some verbiage about being limited to 25 kW systems in their buyback agreement:

Customer has installed, for Customer’s own purposes at the property as described in Attachment 1 hereto
(“Customer’s Premise”), electric generation equipment powered by renewable energy technology (as defined by
§39.904(d) of the Texas Public Utility Regulatory Act) on its side of the electric billing meter serving its Premise,
which has a maximum generation capacity equal to 25 kilowatts or less.

This is the same for Just Energy. Sadly nobody else seems to offer Nights Free with Buyback (I fear this option will disappear completely from the market tbh). Best case, maximize your buyback with the best rate so you can bank your excess. Check out for options: https://www.texaspowerguide.com/solar-buyback-plans-texas/

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and EL0NTRK
Weird...are you able to look up your usage here? https://www.smartmetertexas.com/home

I wonder what's up with your meter. I'm with Just Energy and no issues with their free nights + buyback.
Nothing wrong with my meter.
I have an account with SMT and it checks out with my Tesla app.
They already sent out 2 technicians to check the meter and everything is fine. It's a newly installed meter anyway so what can be wrong.
Just talked to several CenterPoint reps who confirm they see my meter data and it tracks with my SMT.