Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those are amateur numbers my friends. Gotta keep that neighborhood transformer nice and warm.

IMG_0351.jpeg

This morning I heard the craziest noise on top of my roof so I went outside to investigate and I guess the ice on my panels decided to slide off in one piece. The sound scared me to death haha. Now I’m producing pretty good for winter ❄️ my pipes so far have not frozen so I guess all my wrapping worked out this time hopefully tonight it stays good and then we are past the issues by tomorrow.

My neighbors are complaining about losing power.
Yeah I have seen a lot of people in our area complaining as well. Balmoral, Groves, all the way up into Atascocita but I guess my part of the neighborhood kept power the whole time. Not even dealing with flickering like we normally do in good weather haha.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.png
    IMG_0153.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Skavatar and Jones1
Record for me today - broke 100kWh! (only installed in Dec, though). Everything held up really well, but having to run my pool pumps for hours makes me regret procrastinating those upgrades. Both are single stage, so they both pull about 2.3kw a piece when they're on. 😬

Next upgrade is definitely replacing both of those with variable speed, wifi, and freeze protection so I don't have to bother with it manually going forward.

IMG_431BC7F51E59-1.jpeg

Perfect day here, maxed out winter production at 20 kWh‘s even for this small system. Really really wish all theroof exhaust vents hadn’t been on the south side of the house, could’ve had double the panels. Even with the north side being bare, panels on that side got hardly any sun. All six maxed out at 270 watts!

As for keeping the house at a comfortable temperature, the system almost made it to the end and just missed making it to nights free by 30min. I imagine this would be the extreme, a little bit warmer and it would be fine.

IMG_1157.png

Compare that with yesterday where the PW died at noon (afterwards I recharged it to 60% but let it get used up later in the evening). Both days we used about the same about if power during the day and I expect tonight to be just as intense as last nigh. Aux heat non-stop!

IMG_1155.png

Record for me today - broke 100kWh! (only installed in Dec, though). Everything held up really well, but having to run my pool pumps for hours makes me regret procrastinating those upgrades. Both are single stage, so they both pull about 2.3kw a piece when they're on. 😬

Next upgrade is definitely replacing both of those with variable speed, wifi, and freeze protection so I don't have to bother with it manually going forward.

View attachment 1009602
I just talked to my coworker. He was selling back at the lowest of .88 per kWh. That would have been an $90 day for you. Tesla Electric.