Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SteveO332
Will you rent your CT on Turo or any other rent platform?
How much do you think you can make from June-Sept. selling PowerShare back to the grid?
I’m looking at this aa an opportunity to make some revenue back to cover the Foundation Price tag.
123kWh maybe 70kWh to the grid on high demand days. It could be $2-$5 per KWh.
I was thinking only do Turo 2 day rents at a time. If the summer takes off with grid demand. Then I’ll take that now focus on Turo during the winter.
Thoughts anyone
PowerShare and Grid Pimping. What say you? 😆
Hell yea! Sounds like a great plan. I've always wanted to Turo but that idea goes right out the window the moment I take possession of my vehicles because I end up falling in love with it. I've never been able to treat it like a business asset, rather, it ends up being a third child. 🤣

I'm not entirely sure that the CT will discharge on an event like the powerwalls do. I'm still waiting to test that myself or to see if any others document their experience. I haven't found anyone with PW3s, CT, and Powershare.

I did notice in the app that you can add it already (Powershare), but it requires that you connect to the Tesla Backup Gateway. Since we don't log into that to manage the system (with Powerwall 3 you log into the primary powerwall instead), I can't even connect to the backup gateway. It sees the SSID, but fails to connect.

I figured I'd just wait to trouble shoot that once I have the CT.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Each night when it hits 9pm my powerwalls will ramp up charging from grid. The power wall charge rate will regulate itself for no more than 17.8 kw total house draw from grid. If I am saying using 2kw, 15.8kw will go to the powerwalls, split into four.

Attachments

• IMG_7669.png
    IMG_7669.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 4
Update:

Tesla finally got my system up and running again. As I and several others speculated was true. My powerwalls were doing an update and something went wrong and it pretty much did a factory reset on my entire gateway. When this happens the only way to get them set back up is with a ticket to Tier 2 support. It took 6 days of no solar and backup for them to get to my ticket (including the weekend). I was also told this is very common occurrence. Seems like there should be some redundancy in the system or at least a process that’s easier than tier 2 to upload the settings back.

Anyways I am just happy to have my solar back on.
IMG_1500.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg

Was trying to figure out why my powerwalls were not charging from the grid and noticed this is how things are setup now. I guess tomorrow I have to reach out to support again and get a ticket raised again. Unless someone else knows how to get grid charging back?

• Informative
IMG_1517.png
Finally all set back up. Had to logout and log back into Netzero as well as it was still trying to pull that African time zone but once I logged back in everything was good. Hopefully these are all good reference points for anyone that has a failed SW update next 😂

With Tesla Electric Unlimited Vehicle Charging. You can not see the current Sell rate. That really sucks. You can only see what you set the plan to show. It’s not like the regular Tesla Electric plan.