Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Solar Panel now $2.85/W instead of $3.49/W

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question - online says a 12kW system is $148 after FTC. Do we just send them the FTC once we get it? That part is not explained....and not sure what rate we get from the utilities when not using solar......

Does anyone have a good feel about whether the price drop is a good trade-off for the shortened warranty and the removal of performance guarantee?

The price is now inline with the local installers energysage, and the only difference is the length of the warranty that I can see (and you have to prod the tesla rep for Panasonic panels).

Does anyone have a good feel about whether the price drop is a good trade-off for the shortened warranty and the removal of performance guarantee?

The price is now inline with the local installers energysage, and the only difference is the length of the warranty that I can see (and you have to prod the tesla rep for Panasonic panels).

My understanding is that Tesla is installing Canadian solar panels (4kW / 12 panels = ~330W panels).
Did you have success prodding Tesla to use Panasonic panels for your install? Price difference?

That really confused me, based on the coverage today, I was expecting a further update to the pricing
Agreed. According to articles, the national avg is $2.85/watt before 30% rebate. Tesla is at $2.85/watt right now. After 30% rebate, it is $1.99/watt. Dumb articles are claiming Tesla slashed prices to $1.75-$1.99/watt, or 30-38% less than the national average. Umm...confused journalists don't know the difference between before and after 30% rebates.

Reactions: preilly44
11400/4000=$2.85

upload_2019-4-30_21-19-22.png