Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla spanked hard in Maryland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, my 3 mo Model X was stopped at a traffic light back up on East St. in Frederick. While detouring around a worse stoppage on Rt 15 North.

An F150 work truck was stopped behind me. Had previously been next to him at a red light. He was texting.

So the lane next to us started moving. But not our lane. And wham! The F150 hits me hard in the rear. We both pulled into the train station to talk. He gets out of truck, and his phone falls off his lap onto the ground and breaks. Double bad day for him. Tragic for me.

Tesla doesn’t look too too bad. Most visible thing is the lower valance is disconnected in the middle. Left reflector half popped out, but not broken. Some damage to black plastic below painted bumper. Bumper is unscathed, but any damage behind it won’t be seen until it’s removed. Ultrasonics work. Rear camera works. Lift gate is dented above the Chrome strip and by the ‘Model X’ badge. Estimate is $2,058. :mad::(

Yup, my 3 mo Model X was stopped at a traffic light back up on East St. in Frederick. While detouring around a worse stoppage on Rt 15 North.

An F150 work truck was stopped behind me. Had previously been next to him at a red light. He was texting.

So the lane next to us started moving. But not our lane. And wham! The F150 hits me hard in the rear. We both pulled into the train station to talk. He gets out of truck, and his phone falls off his lap onto the ground and breaks. Double bad day for him. Tragic for me.

Tesla doesn’t look too too bad. Most visible thing is the lower valance is disconnected in the middle. Left reflector half popped out, but not broken. Some damage to black plastic below painted bumper. Bumper is unscathed, but any damage behind it won’t be seen until it’s removed. Ultrasonics work. Rear camera works. Lift gate is dented above the Chrome strip and by the ‘Model X’ badge. Estimate is $2,058. :mad::(
Ouch. Good luck with the repair.

So sorry to hear about this. My first X was damaged in a similar manner.

How low did it hit you? I'm wondering if the bumper guard I'm now using in this thread would have stopped it? Considering hitch mounted extra bumper and brake light

...sorry to hear that:( ...and yes make sure and file a DV claim St Lucie appraisal specializes in writing Tesla DV claims for a reasonable amount considering what you will get from the others insurance ...by any chance do you have a dash cam?

• Helpful
Reactions: Nilnoc
So sorry to hear about this. My first X was damaged in a similar manner.

How low did it hit you? I'm wondering if the bumper guard I'm now using in this thread would have stopped it? Considering hitch mounted extra bumper and brake light
This is what hit me. Like a b 20180623_024918.jpg rick wall...

It definitely sucks but we should be grateful that it could have been a lot worse if your lift gate or rear windshield was severely damaged, or if car wasn’t drivable. I’m more concerned about the timeline to repair. Any estimates yet?

...sorry to hear that:( ...and yes make sure and file a DV claim St Lucie appraisal specializes in writing Tesla DV claims for a reasonable amount considering what you will get from the others insurance ...by any chance do you have a dash cam?

I don't have a dash cam, but considering the hit came from the rear, would it have done any good?

You know, I figured my resale value would take a hit, but i did not know about diminished value claims. Thank you for this information. I will contact St. Lucie on Monday.

It definitely sucks but we should be grateful that it could have been a lot worse if your lift gate or rear windshield was severely damaged, or if car wasn’t drivable. I’m more concerned about the timeline to repair. Any estimates yet?

Once all the parts are in, I will drop my car off on a Monday and get it back on Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. One weekend and about 10 calendar days w/o the car.

As for when the parts get in, the estimator has ordered them. But he says. "It's Tesla, who knows how long it will take for them to ship me the parts?"

I am lucky that the car is perfectly drivable and the lift gate works. The rear end of my Model X was impressively sturdy.

I don't have a dash cam, but considering the hit came from the rear, would it have done any good?

You know, I figured my resale value would take a hit, but i did not know about diminished value claims. Thank you for this information. I will contact St. Lucie on Monday.

Dash cam(2ch has front and rear cam) would definitely have captured the hit and make insurance claim so much easier

Here is contact info
The St. Lucie Appraisal Company
P.O. Box 2700
Fort Pierce, FL 34954
Phone: (772) 359-4300
Fax: (772) 466-8400
Email: [email protected]

Reactions: Mrcook4590