Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stats App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a lot of excuses. Tesla needs to fix it. My S woke within 5-15 seconds each try.

You feel this way, and you have other posters here who hammer and hammer and hammer (and HAMMER) away at tesla because "I lost 5 miles of range in vampire drain yesterday, and thats too much".

I bet that the model 3 currently does much better than your model s that woke up in 5-15 seconds as far as energy usage while sleep.

What really needs to happen is they should have a toggle in the app somewhere were people can turn OFF "deep sleep" or whatever for those that dont care or dont want it like yourself. I would rather it stay the way it is right now if the alternative is to toggle the other way and make the car wake up faster, but increase its vampire drain... and I am virtually certain that is the trade off.

It only takes that long to wake up when it is deeply asleep.

The other fix for this would be easier I would think, which would be to just have the app pretend its away, let you make your changes etc, and then have the car respond when it wakes up. Most of the angst seems to come because someone is staring at the app screen saying "waking up".

I think in my case the delay in waking up has to do with cellular strength. I find that when my car is in low signal areas it takes longer and is much shorter In higher signal strength areas. Either way once it’s awake it’s pretty fast to respond.

One reason I like using the regular Tesla app to first wake my car....after trying to wake up and it doesn’t respond...it shows the connection error with the icon to try and reconnect. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think STATS does that?

Someone on here gave me this tip... if the app shows the phone key “connected” (via Bluetooth) then unlock the doors and that will help the car wake up...

Reactions: Tron 3 and Vintre
Found what I think is an issue w/stats, but not sure.
When Stats is used to set the HVAC, it works great. But the next time I get in the car... the HVAC is completely OFF.
I actually have to touch the dash to turn it back on.

thoughts?

When Stats is used to set the HVAC, it works great. But the next time I get in the car... the HVAC is completely OFF.

thoughts?

My thought is, you should contact the developer directly instead of through TMC for any bugs you discover. If the developer attempts to troubleshoot here this thread will go the same way as the other one. If they dont respond, it looks like they are not responsive.

I tweeted Elon asking why my $250 Roomba with a few batteries takes less than 10 seconds to respond to the Roomba app, while a $60,000 car takes more than 60.

I don't think it will go anywhere, but it's a good comparison.

Wife bought the app last night, for the auto HVAC as well.
The wake up delay for cars that are made before 2018 is ~2 seconds. It's only the new cars (with MCU 2.0) that have the problem with long wakeup time. My 2016 Models S was much faster to wake up compared to the 2018 Model S and Model 3.

BTW, your wife gets the app for free if you have already downloaded it and she is in your Apple Family Sharing.

I think in my case the delay in waking up has to do with cellular strength. I find that when my car is in low signal areas it takes longer and is much shorter In higher signal strength areas. Either way once it’s awake it’s pretty fast to respond.

One reason I like using the regular Tesla app to first wake my car....after trying to wake up and it doesn’t respond...it shows the connection error with the icon to try and reconnect. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think STATS does that?
Stats app tries again until you background the app.

thoughts?
I need to test this more, but I think if you set the temperature remotely (using Tesla app or Stats app) the car does not restore Climate when you get in the car the next time. Let me know if you get to test this.

You feel this way, and you have other posters here who hammer and hammer and hammer (and HAMMER) away at tesla because "I lost 5 miles of range in vampire drain yesterday, and thats too much".

I bet that the model 3 currently does much better than your model s that woke up in 5-15 seconds as far as energy usage while sleep.

What really needs to happen is they should have a toggle in the app somewhere were people can turn OFF "deep sleep" or whatever for those that dont care or dont want it like yourself. I would rather it stay the way it is right now if the alternative is to toggle the other way and make the car wake up faster, but increase its vampire drain... and I am virtually certain that is the trade off.

It only takes that long to wake up when it is deeply asleep.

The other fix for this would be easier I would think, which would be to just have the app pretend its away, let you make your changes etc, and then have the car respond when it wakes up. Most of the angst seems to come because someone is staring at the app screen saying "waking up".

2016 Model S has fast wakeup time and the same phantom drain rate as 2018 Model S (and Mode 3). So, it is entirely possible to have shorter wakeup time than our 2018 cars and the same phantom drain rate.
Long wake up time seems to be a problem associated with MCU2 cars.

I need to test this more, but I think if you set the temperature remotely (using Tesla app or Stats app) the car does not restore Climate when you get in the car the next time. Let me know if you get to test this.

I would think that it would... ie, I turn on HVAC from the Tesla App, get in car, go for drive.

Next time I get in the car, it stays at whatever it was when I exited the car. If it was on 74, it turns on at 74 when I get in the car next time.

What seems to be happening is that using Stats, seems to, make it so next time you get in the car, the HVAC is OFF. vs. what it was when you exited car. I have a schedule for 4:15PM then drive home from 4:30-5PM. The HVAC will be left ON. I will then open car door at 7PM, and would expect that it would still be ON.

Times may change as I have to stop at walmart and get a strait talk SIM, but I'll try to keep track. So Long ATT!

it's not a huge deal, but is annoying, I think we just need to track down when it's occurring. 95% of IT is identifying the actual problem...

thanks

I would think that it would... ie, I turn on HVAC from the Tesla App, get in car, go for drive.

Next time I get in the car, it stays at whatever it was when I exited the car. If it was on 74, it turns on at 74 when I get in the car next time.

What seems to be happening is that using Stats, seems to, make it so next time you get in the car, the HVAC is OFF. vs. what it was when you exited car. I have a schedule for 4:15PM then drive home from 4:30-5PM. The HVAC will be left ON. I will then open car door at 7PM, and would expect that it would still be ON.

Times may change as I have to stop at walmart and get a strait talk SIM, but I'll try to keep track. So Long ATT!

it's not a huge deal, but is annoying, I think we just need to track down when it's occurring. 95% of IT is identifying the actual problem...

thanks
I just did this test:
- Let Stats turn on Climate
- Get in the car (climate is on)
- Get out of the car and let doors lock (climate turns off)
- Wait a little and then get in the car again: climate goes on and temperature set point is what it was before

If your experience is different, please let me know using the Support button in the app.

One little GUI nitpick. The progress squares ore slightly off-center and too far to the right. :)

Attachments

• A222158C-EB2E-4FFA-9936-7060DCB12DED.jpeg
    A222158C-EB2E-4FFA-9936-7060DCB12DED.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 68
Was wondering why my phantom drain was higher lately. Went through and deleted a bunch of data points. Ie... When plugged in and preheat the car in the morning, waiting at the bus stop for the kids and using the heat etc.

Was wondering why my phantom drain was higher lately. Went through and deleted a bunch of data points. Ie... When plugged in and preheat the car in the morning, waiting at the bus stop for the kids and using the heat etc.
Any energy that is drawn from the battery while the car is parked is counted towards phantom drain. Tesla does not have energy monitors for individual energy consumers in the car.

With the latest firmware (2018.50) Tesla has broken access from the app. It now takes more than two minutes to wake up the car.
Does not matter which app you use to wake. Tesla app has the same problem.

Thank you for the clarification as to why.

I'll be submitting via the Tesla owner's page a request that any device that takes this long to wake is, pretty much useless... (omg, what if I call it a brick? will the forum flip out?!) my Roomba wakes <20 seconds. at 1/240th the cost.

Thank you for the clarification as to why.

I'll be submitting via the Tesla owner's page a request that any device that takes this long to wake is, pretty much useless... (omg, what if I call it a brick? will the forum flip out?!) my Roomba wakes <20 seconds. at 1/240th the cost.

I even filed an item in TeslaTap.com requesting Tesla to fix the long wakeup problem, but the owner of the site removed it because he thinks it's ok. Fanboys actually hurt Tesla by not giving Tesla constructive feedback.

On the other hand, all those Atari apps that I'm sure we all use every day don't write themselves. Someone need to spend time and resources to write them and maybe after they are written, Tesla will pay attention to less important issues like wake up time.

Reactions: Galve2000 and DR61