Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stats App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The code tries 6 times and for 6 minutes. It can't be an infinite loop. I know that it's easier to complain to me (for one thing, I'm responsive), but it's really Tesla that has made 2018.50 such that it takes so log for the car to wake up.

I'll add yet another trial cycle to the code.

Not complaining - adding data points.
I understand Tesla made the car suck for wake times, just trying to find a way around it.
I really want this to work, and while I'm no programmer, I have been doing IT work for.. well... my entire life... lol
Are there versions after .50 that wake faster?
(Sentry Mode won't help phantom drain, so why the deep sleep anyway)?

Yesterday neither of our cars worked in the PM, and neither did this AM...

Does the loop have to be infinite? Just do 10x. 1x every 20 sec.

Or what if the setup loops to verify the car is awake, then send the HVAC command?
that's what the Tesla app does, correct? You can't tap HVAC on until the app knows the car is responding.

Just tryin' to help...

Not complaining - adding data points.
I understand Tesla made the car suck for wake times, just trying to find a way around it.
I really want this to work, and while I'm no programmer, I have been doing IT work for.. well... my entire life... lol
Are there versions after .50 that wake faster?
(Sentry Mode won't help phantom drain, so why the deep sleep anyway)?

Yesterday neither of our cars worked in the PM, and neither did this AM...

Does the loop have to be infinite? Just do 10x. 1x every 20 sec.

Or what if the setup loops to verify the car is awake, then send the HVAC command?
that's what the Tesla app does, correct? You can't tap HVAC on until the app knows the car is responding.

Just tryin' to help...

I just tried and scheduling seems to work for both of our cars (Model S and Model 3 which is on the latest firmware).

I'm not sure why Tesla has made the wake time so long. It offered no benefit to phantom drain.
Being in awake state energizes a small segment of the hardware that is designed to be awake and listening all the time (just like you phone does). I see that there is a new firmware out (2018.50.6). Maybe they have addresses the log wake up problem.

For what is worth, I have 22 years of experience after PhD and have been developing iOS apps since the beginning of iPhone (as a hobby -- this is not my job).

Have you updated the app to the latest version (2.8.4)?

Yes. My car has an update as well, however it's at the service center, and I don't want to do it until its 'done'...

Hopefully wake times are better! thanks.

Speaking of, I had to delete my scheduled HVAC as there is no 'enabled' toggle?
I didn't want the car to randomly turn on/off for the people working on it.

Yes. My car has an update as well, however it's at the service center, and I don't want to do it until its 'done'...

Hopefully wake times are better! thanks.

Speaking of, I had to delete my scheduled HVAC as there is no 'enabled' toggle?
I didn't want the car to randomly turn on/off for the people working on it.
Yes, adding an enable button for individual climate scheduling entries is in my todo list.
One thing that I have noticed is that the wakeup time is much longer early in the morning compared to during the day. I think Tesla is reducing the frequency of monitoring for remote access during the night.

Quick q. I have the option to notify me if the door is opened turned on. Since installing the app it has not sent a notification though. Thoughts?
The app checks status of doors/trunks when you arrive somewhere and every ~15-30 minutes periodically. So, you will not get a notification immediately if you leave the doors/trunks open, but you should get one within ~30 minutes (typically less).
Please also make sure that notifications are enabled for Stats in the Notifications section of the Settings app.

The app checks status of doors/trunks when you arrive somewhere and every ~15-30 minutes periodically. So, you will not get a notification immediately if you leave the doors/trunks open, but you should get one within ~30 minutes (typically less).
Please also make sure that notifications are enabled for Stats in the Notifications section of the Settings app.

So would the door need to be open when it does the check? Or can the door be open just for a few seconds and then you can get notified?

Notifications are on and active in settings.