Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stats App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2018.50 and am not seeing this problem. I can wake my car from the Tesla app or Tesla Stats in about 10 seconds.
The problem is intermittent and the wakeup time depends how long the car has been parked. It appears that the wakeup time is the longest when the car has been parked for a while.

One of the posters in this thread had done an experiment to quantify this:
App not waking car up | Tesla

The problem is intermittent and the wakeup time depends how long the car has been parked. It appears that the wakeup time is the longest when the car has been parked for a while.

One of the posters in this thread had done an experiment to quantify this:
App not waking car up | Tesla
My car has been at the Denver Airport since Monday morning. I'm in San Diego and just woke my car in 10 seconds. So I'm just not seeing the problem I guess.

Mine didn't work this AM :(
Wife's did work :) . Same .50

I set mine to HVAC at 7:10 AM and 7:15AM now... let's see how that plays out.
Intermittent IT problems are the biggest PITA.
I really want this to work... or Tesla to build scheduled HVAC into the car.
My Thermostat can do it, it's all software... just get it done.

I agree - the Atari games are pointless and stupid. Either put DOOM on it, or go home...
Or ideally fix wake times and improve auto pilot already.

trying this...

Attachments

• 50714494_371945703600868_1136915226646544384_n.jpg
    50714494_371945703600868_1136915226646544384_n.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 66
This problem is introduced in the 2018.50 version of the firmware which is mostly sent to Model 3 cars.
My Model S (also in San Diego) is not affected because it is still on 2018.48
I have a Model 3 on 2018.50. I have no problem connecting to my car, which is in Denver, while I’m in San Diego. It wakes in 10 seconds.

As I mentioned, I can wake it using the Tesla app or your app very easily. Not sure why the push back here trying to help you.

• Informative
Reactions: JES2
I have a Model 3 on 2018.50. I have no problem connecting to my car, which is in Denver, while I’m in San Diego. It wakes in 10 seconds.

As I mentioned, I can wake it using the Tesla app or your app very easily. Not sure why the push back here trying to help you.
The wake up time seems very long between 9:00pm and 7:00am. Too few sample points to be sure. Appreciate the help.

This AM mine (double scheduled) worked. Wife's (single schedule) worked.
I did notice that the 20 min run time isn't ideal for me.

Is this something that can be moved to a user selected option? (30/60 min)

The original 1 hour auto off from Tesla was my fav setup.
I used to use Visible Tesla to trigger that and it worked well for years, until Tesla jacked it up...

thanks!

I removed my double schedule - 2 more data points coming this PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: f8K37Sq31
This AM mine (double scheduled) worked. Wife's (single schedule) worked.
I did notice that the 20 min run time isn't ideal for me.

Is this something that can be moved to a user selected option? (30/60 min)

The original 1 hour auto off from Tesla was my fav setup.
I used to use Visible Tesla to trigger that and it worked well for years, until Tesla jacked it up...

thanks!

I removed my double schedule - 2 more data points coming this PM.
I made the time-out 20 minutes because it seems leaving the climate on for one hour while you are not in the car is too excessive. The time-out is for cases that you schedule the climate, but your plan to go to work changes and you never get in the car.

Currently, Tesla let the climate be on (when you are not in the car) until SoC gets to 20%.

1/22/19: AM trigger.
Mine: Worked :)
Wife's: Did not. :(

It was 7 degrees this morning.

Is it oversimplifying to
Send Command
Verify Command effect
Loop

The code tries 6 times and for 6 minutes. It can't be an infinite loop. I know that it's easier to complain to me (for one thing, I'm responsive), but it's really Tesla that has made 2018.50 such that it takes so log for the car to wake up.

I'll add yet another trial cycle to the code.

I noticed (at least for the first time) today that the SOC percentage reported on the screen and Tesla App does not match what’s reported in the STATS app and remote S. It’s off by 1%. Anyone else notice this?

I noticed (at least for the first time) today that the SOC percentage reported on the screen and Tesla App does not match what’s reported in the STATS app and remote S. It’s off by 1%. Anyone else notice this?
Stats app reports what the Tesla API reports. Someone speculated (on another thread, I think) that Tesla app reports a temperature-compensated SoC. I think that's probably correct because the SoC matches for both my cars and we live in Southern California where it doesn't get too cold.