Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Stock Hits High Ahead of Annual Meeting, Shareholders to Vote On Board Terms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla shareholders will vote today on a proposal to end three-year terms for directors in favor of a yearly re-election process.

Shareholder proxy services Institutional Shareholders Services Inc. and Glass Lewis & Co. have objected to Tesla filling its board with members that have close ties – personal and professional – to Chief Executive Elon Musk.

Tesla has pushed back, saying the current structure gives its directors the long-term focus necessary to execute major initiatives like the acquisition of SolarCity and a global network of Tesla showrooms and service centers.

Tesla’s stock closed Wednesday at a record high $341.01. The company’s event for shareholders will take place at 2:30 p.m. PT today at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. A livestream for shareholders is available here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted via the internet so long ago I don't even remember what the issues were. Tesla is the only company (now that Solar City is no longer separate) where I vote with the recommendation of the board without bothering to research the issues. But my few hundred shares won't affect the outcome. If it passes by only a couple of hundred votes or so, you can blame me. :cool: