Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted the Supercharger inside the service area. John mentioned that the initial plans were to place that Supercharger out front in the parking area but, it apparently would have cost serious $$$ to route the cables there. So, for now, it's sitting inside the service area and is accessible during service hours. The SC is not operational yet but, will be soon apparently.

Perhaps a bit excessive, but I like this idea (especially for areas with a high volumes of Model S). I wonder if this is this going to become common at new service centers? And, since they have limited availability (store hours), will Tesla put them on the supercharger map?

So today I went to my local store and did a test drive. It was very cool. I was struck by how much more the car is like a hi-tech gadget than a luxury vehicle.

One note that I think is very important though. If they want women to buy this car, they need to have some female workers in the store. That would be another good way for Tesla to break the mold of the traditional dealership model. I should note that the sales guy there (who was great in general) asked me if I was going to be driving the car too on the test drive (in addition to my boyfriend that is).

This while I'm the one who has been trolling the TMC forums for a year and talking about this company non-stop for five years.

Found the new Palo Alto store (service center too?). This used to be the Volvo dealer and next to it was a sort of joint venture of a Mclaren dealer and Fisker/used car Dealer. When Fisker closed, it became just used cars and Mclaren stayed. Then I saw Volvo moved into the old Fisker/used car location next to Mclaren. Now Tesla is taking the old Volvo building. So its Mclaren, Volvo, then Tesla. Mclaren, as you can see in the background, is on El Camino and Arastradero. I think its a great spot. Volvo=safety and Mclaren=performance.... Tesla=everything (ok, almost)

tesla store.jpg

Found the new Palo Alto store (service center too?). This used to be the Volvo dealer and next to it was a sort of joint venture of a Mclaren dealer and Fisker/used car Dealer. When Fisker closed, it became just used cars and Mclaren stayed. Then I saw Volvo moved into the old Fisker/used car location next to Mclaren. Now Tesla is taking the old Volvo building. So its Mclaren, Volvo, then Tesla. Mclaren, as you can see in the background, is on El Camino and Arastradero. I think its a great spot. Volvo=safety and Mclaren=performance.... Tesla=everything (ok, almost)

View attachment 31340

I have it on good authority that the new Palo Alto Service Center will 'go live' tomorrow Monday 10/7.

4180 El Camino Real
PA 94306
650-424-8035

I know the new Service Manager, who had 15 years experience with Lexus (service tech, then service writer, finally service manager) who is making the leap to TM. I actually recommended him to the HR folks and Jerome (wrote them a letter). He will be an incredible asset to the organization. I plan to make the trek from the East Bay to Palo Alto when I need service.

I got an email from Tesla saying the Model X design prototype will be at the Palo Alto location on Sat 12th, and Sun 13th for their grand opening weekend.

Was also impressed when Palo Alto service called me on Monday informing me they were now open (and Menlo Park was closed) and had received parts for the factory pano roof noise fix. I originally scheduled that fix with Menlo Park, so was cool to see Tesla service taking a proactive role, instead of me calling them.

The new PA SC manager has 15+ years of auto experience first as a service tech, then service writer, then service manager at a Bay Area Lexus dealership. I wrote a recommendation for him to TM HR and Jerome (and he got a personal interview with Jerome for the position). He will really be great for the (high profile) SC near the corp offices.

Pics of the grand opening this weekend, including showcase of the Model X prototype. Some people wondered if it's a new one, but no, still the only one around (they repainted it white) that has been traveling all over the world.

And yes, at this Palo Alto location is a showroom/sales office and a service center.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg