Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Immediately after delivery, first drive, noticeable shaking. Took it to Tesla and was told that all 4 wheel rims were out of round. They replaced them. Three years later, three cracked rims at $1900 each to replace, I live 60 miles from the nearest Tesla store. The car is at a repair place and has been waiting over 3 weeks for a new rim. Lucky for me I still have a real car that works while I wait. They will not deal with the repair shop and I guess I am supposed to have it trucked 60 miles to have them replace the rim. Their attitude is miserable, they refuse to deal with the repair shop, Over three weeks and I still do not know when or if they will send a rim to the repair shop. Too bad. It was a great experience and I would buy an EV in a minute but I would never buy a Tesla. The car may be good but the company and it's service just sucks. Tesla sucks.

No arguements here. If I couldn't do most of the work myself and had to rely on the service center for everything I wouldn't have bought my old S.

What size wheels do you have? I assume you have 21" wheels. I'm not defending tesla here but a big wheel is going to be delicate. I've noticed as these cars get newer more corners are cut to reduce cost. In the beginning the 21" turbine wheels were made in the USA, the 21" wheels from my 2016 model car has "Mexico" stamped in them. Now finally I read that the newest arachnid wheels are made in China.

Either pick out some smaller aftermarket wheels or the 19" wheels Tesla offered for these cars if you want more durability and longer tire life.

Immediately after delivery, first drive, noticeable shaking. Took it to Tesla and was told that all 4 wheel rims were out of round. They replaced them. Three years later, three cracked rims at $1900 each to replace, I live 60 miles from the nearest Tesla store. The car is at a repair place and has been waiting over 3 weeks for a new rim. Lucky for me I still have a real car that works while I wait. They will not deal with the repair shop and I guess I am supposed to have it trucked 60 miles to have them replace the rim. Their attitude is miserable, they refuse to deal with the repair shop, Over three weeks and I still do not know when or if they will send a rim to the repair shop. Too bad. It was a great experience and I would buy an EV in a minute but I would never buy a Tesla. The car may be good but the company and it's service just sucks. Tesla sucks.

That'll do that to ya.

1716929174205.png

Rim issues are not related to Tesla. It is a generic item across all cars. The damage is likely due to the low profile and potholes. If 3 of your rims are bad, it is the perfect time to buy a new set of aftermarket rims off Tirerack. Cheaper and choose a design you like. Maybe go with a smaller wheel size for extra tire wall profile. Not sure what you are pissed about. You definitely drove over potholes or bad roads in order to damage the rims.

Reactions: Ciaopec and AMPd
Rim issues are not related to Tesla. It is a generic item across all cars. The damage is likely due to the low profile and potholes. If 3 of your rims are bad, it is the perfect time to buy a new set of aftermarket rims off Tirerack. Cheaper and choose a design you like. Maybe go with a smaller wheel size for extra tire wall profile. Not sure what you are pissed about. You definitely drove over potholes or bad roads in order to damage the rims.
probably also a lot to do with poor quality wheels, i beat the crap out of my OG 21 forged arachnids still super smooth