Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (the company) killing itself slowly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seattle and Bellevue are consistently horrible. Both of them. I've seen people literally scream at SC personnel during my visits. My experiences have been terrible to the point that now I am sure I will go to Vancouver, BC for any issue if I can. I get nervous just passing by Bellevue SC these days. Bellevue SC gave me a Nissan Rogue Enterprise loaner once. It was disgusting to drive, I just parked it and left it in the garage. I leave them my Model S, and they give me that as a loaner? Really makes you feel valued, ya know. They didn't fix almost any issues I complained about across 4 different visits. I simply canceled the fifth appointment after realizing I am wasting time and money with the new diagnosis fees. Their personnel is some of the worst I have ever experienced. Horrible, absolutely horrible.
And I've had all positive experiences at the seattle sc. Model s loaner each time and the last one was thru enterprise. No one was yelling or seemed unhappy. Cars were coming and going and it seemed to operate pretty smooth. Good communication from the sa via text to update me and to let me know when it was done.

It was comparable to mazda, Ford, Honda, chevy, Mercedes service departments that I've dealt with in the past. Not saying things havent gone down hill but I haven't experienced it yet.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
I can assure you not all companies follow your set of standards. I recently purchased some items from sonos and pro-ject and I can tell you neither company followed your standard.

Adding employees cost money and no one has come up with a viable solution to fix the problem that wont force tesla to make cuts elsewhere.

I've booked all my appointments using the app and I had an issue 1 time, came back a few hours later and was able to book it.

Spend money more efficiently, get rid of dumb control from the top ideas that don’t apply well to other countries. A service center scratched my door while in for warranty work, stuff happens but first of all it took the employee ages to fill out all the reports needed with a lot of info and pictures being attached. Then they need an ”okay” from someone in the US to be able to help me, that dragged along for 5-6 weeks while I had to call back multiple times. In the end I paid my polishing guy like $70 to fix it because I couldn’t be bothered waiting but imagine the time spent on this because HQ does not let individual service centers just spend 10 minutes of detailer time to try to fix a scratch.

Im guessing Tesla follows your testing standards then, test on one device and when bugs occur for people don’t fix them because they don’t exist. Right now people over here book appointments by driving to the service center and bugging them enough until they either take a look on the spot or book an appointment. Instead of a developer spending an hour on fixing the booking API the service center employees get people going there in person every day and disrupting their jobs. That’s not how to run a efficient company.

Those are just 2 examples of where they could actually provide better service while spending less money, there’s plenty more of those if you actually want to improve the customer experience

Spend money more efficiently, get rid of dumb control from the top ideas that don’t apply well to other countries. A service center scratched my door while in for warranty work, stuff happens but first of all it took the employee ages to fill out all the reports needed with a lot of info and pictures being attached. Then they need an ”okay” from someone in the US to be able to help me, that dragged along for 5-6 weeks while I had to call back multiple times. In the end I paid my polishing guy like $70 to fix it because I couldn’t be bothered waiting but imagine the time spent on this because HQ does not let individual service centers just spend 10 minutes of detailer time to try to fix a scratch.

Im guessing Tesla follows your testing standards then, test on one device and when bugs occur for people don’t fix them because they don’t exist. Right now people over here book appointments by driving to the service center and bugging them enough until they either take a look on the spot or book an appointment. Instead of a developer spending an hour on fixing the booking API the service center employees get people going there in person every day and disrupting their jobs. That’s not how to run a efficient company.

Those are just 2 examples of where they could actually provide better service while spending less money, there’s plenty more of those if you actually want to improve the customer experience
My testing standards? Lol

Yeah, I am saying theres a problem with the app for a lot of people and Tesla is lagging to fix it, your response is ”it works for me”. I am starting to think you are a troll.
So now I'm a troll because I havent had as many issues as you? Seriously? You obviously didnt read what I wrote. Try again and respond accordingly next time.

Oh and by alot do you mean everyone?

Reactions: VikH
So now I'm a troll because I havent had as many issues as you? Seriously? You obviously didnt read what I wrote. Try again and respond accordingly next time.

Oh and by alot do you mean everyone?

No you are acting like a troll because obviously it doesn’t matter at all if you have had issues or not when others have them. You do know things can effect a lot of people without it effect you? Right?

I don’t really have issues my car has mostly been solid. Sure I can’t book an appointment but I have no real issues to book an appointment for, just a CCS retrofit so I don’t care all to much personally. I am trying to highlight problems that need attention and you just go ”doesn’t effect me, so not a problem!”.

And no, if I wanted to say everyone I would have said so as they are completely different.

No you are acting like a troll because obviously it doesn’t matter at all if you have had issues or not when others have them. You do know things can effect a lot of people without it effect you? Right?

I don’t really have issues my car has mostly been solid. Sure I can’t book an appointment but I have no real issues to book an appointment for, just a CCS retrofit so I don’t care all to much personally. I am trying to highlight problems that need attention and you just go ”doesn’t effect me, so not a problem!”.

And no, if I wanted to say everyone I would have said so as they are completely different.
Please show me where i said it's not a problem. Oh wait you cant because I never said that. I've acknowledged it over and over and for some reason people want to make ish up and not quote what was actually said. I said I haven't experienced your issues but that does not mean I dont think theres a problem.

I could say your acting like a troll because you think everyone has had your issues

I tried using the app/homepage to book the CCS retrofit for my car, and I got just error messages. Apparently that has been going on for weeks over here for a lot of people and no fix from Tesla. Is that the latest idea for cost cutting from Elon? If no one can book appointments Tesla doesn’t have to pay for warranty work?
Elon's probably patenting it under "method to minimize warranty costs". :p

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Please show me where i said it's not a problem. Oh wait you cant because I never said that. I've acknowledged it over and over and for some reason people want to make ish up and not quote what was actually said. I said I haven't experienced your issues but that does not mean I dont think theres a problem.

I could say your acting like a troll because you think everyone has had your issues

Okay so you replying that you had no problem with the app didn’t have anything to do with what I said about a lot of people not being able to book appointments for their broken cars? Personal experiences aren’t worth anything when looking at this scale, systematic problems are though.

And as I said previously, I don’t really have any issues so I am not invested on a personal level. Sure booking an appointment in the app doesn’t work for me but since I got no issues to report it doesn’t really bother me. That doesn’t stop me from wanting them to improve their weak points so that everyone can get a good experience though. I don’t see how trying to lessen other peoples problems help with that though.

Okay so you replying that you had no problem with the app didn’t have anything to do with what I said about a lot of people not being able to book appointments for their broken cars? Personal experiences aren’t worth anything when looking at this scale, systematic problems are though.

And as I said previously, I don’t really have any issues so I am not invested on a personal level. Sure booking an appointment in the app doesn’t work for me but since I got no issues to report it doesn’t really bother me. That doesn’t stop me from wanting them to improve their weak points so that everyone can get a good experience though. I don’t see how trying to lessen other peoples problems help with that though.
You not being able to book an appointment is a personal issue as well so your point is mute. Your assumption about alot of people having issues has no facts to support it. Sure I can agree that there are people who have issues but I wont say how many or what percentage because none of us here know the number. I've never tried to lessen people's issues if I have show me. I have agreed all along that ish needs to improve but for some reason people keep twisting my words.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911
You not being able to book an appointment is a personal issue as well so your point is mute. Your assumption about alot of people having issues has no facts to support it. Sure I can agree that there are people who have issues but I wont say how many or what percentage because none of us here know the number. I've never tried to lessen people's issues if I have show me. I have agreed all along that ish needs to improve but for some reason people keep twisting my words.

Well that is the thing, I am not talking about me. I am talking about something that the people at the service center here have agreed is an actual problem and they see many people just showing up to book an appointment because they can’t in any other way. It will be resolved eventually of course but it is not a good look that they acknowledge the problem but it isn’t fixed for weeks.

Well that is the thing, I am not talking about me. I am talking about something that the people at the service center here have agreed is an actual problem and they see many people just showing up to book an appointment because they can’t in any other way. It will be resolved eventually of course but it is not a good look that they acknowledge the problem but it isn’t fixed for weeks.
So you dont have any personal experience with this issue?