Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (the company) killing itself slowly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, after owning a bunch of new audi’s, BMWs and Mercs (+8) during the last years and only had 1 sensor problem in the 4 series, you will never, ever catch me saying that these are junk whilst I did order a M3.

If mine is delivered i’ll Give you my experience but I guess you won’t be interested.:D
Perfect example of someone that has had positive experiences with a certain brand. Now I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had poor experiences. Same for all oems

Perfect example of someone that has had positive experiences with a certain brand. Now I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had poor experiences. Same for all oems
Everybody knows this. You can stop posting it over and over and over. We get it. PWlakewood doesn't think enough people are having problems with Tesla service to warrant calling it a big deal.

Ok, not only did they give me a yellow-bordered screen, but for some reason there is another keyfob in my car. For my car. So now I have 3.

UPDATE: Oh, mystery solved! We just learned that apparently our other keyfob at home has been deactivated or something. Nice of them to tell me before my wife tried to drive the car. Good grief.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
My 2015 hasn't been to SC in well over a year (maybe 2). It was there for a 49.5k service before warranty went out. It has 75k miles.
2019 has 5k miles, 4 months old. Never seen SC.

My service was amazing 1.5 to 2 years ago too. Lots of communication, easy scheduling, always loaners available. Since then, it has gone downhill precipitously.

My car has been in service for a month now. According to Teslafi, it has moved almost not at all and I'm assuming it's been outside in the 100+ degree weather.
I'm terrified that when I go pick it up next week (assuming they don't change the date again) that I will also have had this new feature installed in my car.

Cross your fingers for me!

This whole: "You had a bad experience, so Tesla will fail" thing is somewhat nonsensical, as is the assumption that people complaining on a forum is some kind of useful stat. I don't know the last time I was on a forum that wasn't full of people bitching and trolling.
What a weird coincidence! Everywhere you go there is bitching and trolling.

This whole: "You had a bad experience, so Tesla will fail" thing is somewhat nonsensical, as is the assumption that people complaining on a forum is some kind of useful stat. I don't know the last time I was on a forum that wasn't full of people bitching and trolling.
I can tell you one: this very forum, 4 years ago. Sure, there was an occasional negative comment, but overall it was overwhelmingly positive and full of excitement.

I think it points to a trend, one that isnt great. Im dealing with the same thing right now. My car wont charge and the SC told me I need a Power Conversion System. - Appt was a week + out and almost no communication, it's for 1:15pm on a Tuesday, like people don't work?

For these cars to really be mainstream, this kind of service will never, ever cut it. I'm going to drop my car off the night before, I cant take a day off for an unknown result.

I can tell you one: this very forum, 4 years ago. Sure, there was an occasional negative comment, but overall it was overwhelmingly positive and full of excitement.

And still is (maybe not this thread :D) but if people post genuine complaints, you're basically labelled as troll. Great if you guys are all that lucky and all is sunshine and roses but do you genuinely think that Tesla is up to par at the moment for service, support and delivery?!

Another reason could be that some of us are just used to higher levels of service and have been spoiled

Everybody knows this. You can stop posting it over and over and over. We get it. PWlakewood doesn't think enough people are having problems with Tesla service to warrant calling it a big deal.
Seriously, I've acknowledged it so many times that I think the issue needs to be addressed. Why is it ok for you and others to bash tesla but you and others get all butt hurt when someone has a positive experience with tesla. Grow up

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Now it's full of negative comments because if you dare post anything positive your called all kinds of names and told that you must be wrong because everyone has the same issue as them. Most people that use to post here about positive experiences avoid this forum now.

• Disagree
Now it's full of negative comments because if you dare post anything positive your called all kinds of names and told that you must be wrong because everyone has the same issue as them. Most people that use to post here about positive experiences avoid this forum now.

If true, that's a shame and indeed we should probably better focus on the exciting car itself :)

Reactions: PWlakewood
Just because it wasn't a solution you wanted to hear doesn't mean it wasn't viable. Invest more in customer service. Pretty damn simple.
Please. If you wouldnt mind explaining to everyone how to go about that. Where should they make cuts to be able to afford to implement your solution. And actually I would like to see it improved which you choose not to acknowledge even though I've said it umpteen times.

• Disagree
Reactions: DJVoorhees
No offence, but the more I see your (pathetic) efforts to reply to everybody and make sure that you have the last word, the more it reminds me of a situation when a little dog feels threatened and surrounded, it lounges in every direction growling and pretending to be tough...
May as well skip his posts, ignore him or add him to your ignore list. I've done the last item.

Reactions: vexige