Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla tire repair kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Maryland must provide a spare tire but I have never heard of a law stating an auto manufacturer MUST provide a repair kit.

I'd take a spare tire! But the car did not come with one nor the equipment to change it. Suppose you can call your insurer or use that Tesla App.
That must be the case because mine came with the repair kit and I was confused as I thought it did NOT come with it.

I believe Maryland must provide a spare tire but I have never heard of a law stating an auto manufacturer MUST provide a repair kit.

I'd take a spare tire! But the car did not come with one nor the equipment to change it. Suppose you can call your insurer or use that Tesla App.

New cars sold in Maryland must come with either a spare tire, run flat tires or a tire repair kit. I didn't get one at delivery because the kit was out of stock, but I called up my service center later and they gave me one for free.

Source: 2010 Maryland Code :: TRANSPORTATION :: TITLE 22 - VEHICLE LAWS - EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES :: Subtitle 4 - Other Equipment :: Section 22-405.3 - Spare tires.

• Informative
Reactions: beezy
Inside the trunk there is another storage area below the trunk floor. I suppose you could put a donut there; not sure it would fit. You could just lay a (spare) tire in the trunk area if you don't mind it taking up a lot of space.

Many people have reported that this compartment isn't large enough for a spare. If you want a spare, it's going to take up trunk space.

I hate that Slime stuff. Tire mechanics hate it, too, it makes a total mess on the wheel and can also mess up the TPMS sensor. I think you're better off with a tire plug kit and air pump.

I hate it to, and I do carry a plug kit, pump and a jack. But I also carry a can of slime too depending on circumstances it might be safer to use slime and I wouldn’t care if the tire and/or TPMS is ruined. My winter tires have no foam. And the Summer tires won’t have foam when they are replaced.