Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla $tore - Items worth it or not worth it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only bought accessories for the car. I don't get the whole branded clothing thing and would never pay a company to be their walking billboard. But hey, what's worthless to me is priceless to someone else, so I'm sure Tesla wouldn't be selling them if there wasn't a market.

The roof shade, trunk and frunk liners were the best purchases because they are functional. I bought the aero caps thinking I was going to remove the covers, but ended up not caring about how the covers look. I regret paying for the kit, which feels like it should have cost $15 and not $50 (or whatever they cost back in the spring). I also got the touch up paint because I'm a heathen and didn't spend thousands of dollars to wrap my car like almost everyone else here, but apparently I do care enough to conceal dings and scratches where the paint gets damaged.

@mswlogo just took all my aero wheels off. No spring popped off. In fact, they where tight on the aero wheel itself. You might have some bad aero. Mine seems like they are made to come off and on the rims.

Here is mine all naked. I like it. It’s like i have two new cars. Swapping them in and out will be fun. No super glue needed. Haha

Attachments

• F46C7023-45A3-4F8D-B864-34801C74F217.jpeg
    F46C7023-45A3-4F8D-B864-34801C74F217.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 81
  • 35AF1AB0-2703-4463-9C0B-8408DDDEEAAD.jpeg
    35AF1AB0-2703-4463-9C0B-8408DDDEEAAD.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 57
@mswlogo just took all my aero wheels off. No spring popped off. In fact, they where tight on the aero wheel itself. You might have some bad aero. Mine seems like they are made to come off and on the rims.

Here is mine all naked. I like it. It’s like i have two new cars. Swapping them in and out will be fun. No super glue needed. Haha

It was when I was putting it back on it popped off. I slipped and ping it went flying.

Looks good. Same color car. I like the grey inside the Aero “spoke” matches the car. It makes them look like they were color matched to the car.

I also like this. P3D-

More play time or more range. Rather than the debatable cosmetics. And you can’t see either when your moving.

45362548892_99d7224511_b_d.jpg

45365841572_24d01f0809_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

What are you guys using to clean and protect the Aero covers and the rims???