Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade-In offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow…take the offer and get the car you want! It is crazy how much over MSRP purchasers and resellers like Carmax are willing to pay. Not sure if it’s worth trying to sell it privately to make the extra “profit”. Let us know what you decide!
I’m hoping Tesla has another price hike because it would only drive my used car price up theoretically. I’m locked into my price for the performance so I’m trying to get the trade and purchase to be no added cost. We will see

Reactions: Luvtoride
How many miles do you have on your model y? I'm 2021 blue with white Andi didn't get much more than your offer. I'm at 29k miles.
Just turned 21K. I re-ran it 2 days ago and increased the mileage to 24K because my EDD slipped to Aug-Sep plus we have a long road trip planned over Labor Day weekend and it dropped from $61K to $58K so mileage definitely plays a significant role in value. But if I still get $55K or so from Tesla I'm ahead because of the tax break and won't have to rent a car to bridge any gap.

Does anyone know in TX if you decide to sell your car privately or another dealer and then pick up your Tesla how the sales tax works? I know if you trade your car in with them then you pay the sales tax on the difference