Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to pop back in here, I'm selling my Venza to a local dealer tomorrow for a better price then Tesla would give me. Also, I emailed the State about the rebate so helpfully pointed out by mjwojtukiewicz. Their response (which I'm delighted with), was:

Hi Richard,

The drive clean rebate is a point-of-sale rebate. This means you will receive it upon purchase of the vehicle. Tesla usually removes our rebate from the down payment, and it should be itemized on the motor vehicle purchase agreement. Just be sure that you are purchasing a brand-new vehicle from a New York dealership, and that you yourself are a New York Resident.

If you do not see the rebate on your motor vehicle purchase agreement, feel free to contact us again.

Kind Regards,
Drive Clean Rebate Program Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Reactions: Mike728
Just to pop back in here, I'm selling my Venza to a local dealer tomorrow for a better price then Tesla would give me. Also, I emailed the State about the rebate so helpfully pointed out by mjwojtukiewicz. Their response (which I'm delighted with), was:

Hi Richard,

The drive clean rebate is a point-of-sale rebate. This means you will receive it upon purchase of the vehicle. Tesla usually removes our rebate from the down payment, and it should be itemized on the motor vehicle purchase agreement. Just be sure that you are purchasing a brand-new vehicle from a New York dealership, and that you yourself are a New York Resident.

If you do not see the rebate on your motor vehicle purchase agreement, feel free to contact us again.

Kind Regards,
Drive Clean Rebate Program Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®
Glad to have helped a fellow New Yorker

You sure did, thanks again!
So which car are you looking out and color/interior. And did you actually call or email someone? For 2024 the credit is applied at purchase time so Im wondering if a car is a little over $42K does the 3750/7500 make the car come in at the $42K limit. While I'm not totally sold on the Highland I'm leaning towards getting one next year. Hyundai is REALLY rushing their plant in Georgia and they think they may open next year/early 2025 so I'll look at the Ioniq 6.
MANY more safety featuress PLUS I just read yesterday that they lowered MSRP 3-6K on all the trims on the current

I've ordered the 2023 Model Y. Oddly, a large motivator was getting roof racks for carrying wood. My Venza, best car I'd EVER had, could not accommodate racks in any way. Selling it was sad.

I had to delay the delivery date and it hasn't gone all that smoothly. Ugh.

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, my car came in at over $42k.

The Hyundi sounds interesting. I fell in love with the Tesla in the test drives and didn't stop to look around, assuming there was nothing better. It's giving me plenty of new stuff to play with, some of it pretty impressive, so regardless, I'm a happy guy.

I've ordered the 2023 Model Y. Oddly, a large motivator was getting roof racks for carrying wood. My Venza, best car I'd EVER had, could not accommodate racks in any way. Selling it was sad.

I had to delay the delivery date and it hasn't gone all that smoothly. Ugh.

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, my car came in at over $42k.

The Hyundi sounds interesting. I fell in love with the Tesla in the test drives and didn't stop to look around, assuming there was nothing better. It's giving me plenty of new stuff to play with, some of it pretty impressive, so regardless, I'm a happy guy.
I'm just wondering if NYS starting in 2024 (the tax credit comes off the sale price) if the credit brings a car down below $42K NYS gives instant 2K credit, which doesn't affect you.