Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, while I enjoy the personal effect of dropping S/X pricing, it's not a good sign for a recovery of those models this quarter. If they were at their internal target they'd not be reducing prices. Especially this soon after updating the lineup late last month.

On the flip side, the cars are all the more enticing at these prices...
Do you really think $2k would have affected your decision ? Maybe slightly... but wouldn’t move the needle much. I am more confused why aren’t they subsidizing inventory model Ss. They are priced almost as high as new models. Maybe a few Ks less but not like they are in a rush to move them off the lot.

Do you really think $2k would have affected your decision ? Maybe slightly... but wouldn’t move the needle much. I am more confused why aren’t they subsidizing inventory model Ss. They are priced almost as high as new models. Maybe a few Ks less but not like they are in a rush to move them off the lot.

No, I'd have still purchased. But the question isn't whether it'd affect someone who bought at the old prices but rather someone on the fence.

They are supposedly adding free Supercharging to inventory models. I can't verify that myself but it was reported along with the price drop in other threads here.
Edit: confirmed.

Screenshot_20190521-054134.png

Last edited:
Where the ROFLOL smiley when you need it? If it goes to $10 then I'm buying a truck and backing it up...

View attachment 410123
Adam has to be stupid to even quote $10 price target. Why not bankrupt? I mean if the stock reached $10, most likely the sales would drop to extreme lows. So why even $10?? This is pure manipulation.

Last edited:
No, I'd have still purchased. But the question isn't whether it'd affect someone who bought at the old prices but rather someone on the fence.

They are supposedly adding free Supercharging to inventory models. I can't verify that myself but it was reported along with the price drop in other threads here.
Edit: confirmed.

View attachment 410124

Wouldn't that be to move out their old inventory and not apply to the Raven updated cars?

Feel free to comment: Why most people won't buy an electric car

I added:

Maybe they should have tried with a decent EV, not a range-limited Golf. The base Tesla Model 3 can get >240 miles out of a single charge and thanks to the SuperCharger network, is very easy to take on long trips. You don't need anything fancy to charge at home as most charging takes place while you sleep, waking to a full battery each day - a standard 13A socket in your garage is sufficient.

Just a FYI,

All companies worst bear case is $10.

More exactly worst case is $0.

WTF is this *sugar*?

What pill did these analysts swallow?
Only 9 more downgrades from Jonas to go ...

Could this be personal grudge. Viewpoint of most analysts ever since "let's go youtube" has gone sour. And now for 2 CC's we start with retail investor questions on say.com .. (just saying)

GF3 coming online in China. If trade war is the concern, and TSLA is a $10, then so will most names in tech, semi space be losing 40-50% of their value.