Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many people here bought when he said that Q1 would be breakeven or slightly profitable?
Are you talking about this ?

This quarter, as with Q3, shipment of higher priced Model 3 variants (this time to Europe and Asia) will hopefully allow us, with great difficulty, effort and some luck, to target a tiny profit.

That was for Q4.

Tesla is facing scrutiny for its cars catching on fire, but electric cars could actually end up being safer than gas-powered cars

What? This cannot be true!

Everyone knows Tesla’s are self igniting death traps driven by smug idiots that deserve to burn. Natural selection. Just saw a burning Tesla on my iPad the other day!

BI is drinking the kool aid and getting paid by Musk for sure! Maybe he promised them a trip to to Mars on one of his exploding Space X fraudulent taxpayer paid for rockets.

Geez - you mean like the same Adam Michael Jonas of Morgan Stanley, who "downgraded" Tesla today, asking this genius of a "tough" question last August:

Adam Jonas: "There's an argument that a fully autonomous car is essentially like a terminator that is programmed to save lives in highly complex terrestrial environments and that this same technology with a few tweaks have some pretty obvious military capability."​

... right? Tough, intelligent questions?

... because it isn't helping when you are making inane assumptions about what Wall Street analysts do, and it doesn't help that you are repeating false TSLAQ smear attacks against Elon.

not sure about your guy, but most of the complainers and newly-hatched trolls are jaded by the stock price, i guess.

instead of taking a personal inventory on how to avoid mistakes in the future, they choose to, instead, make our lives miserable...with their chirping and mocking of anything constructive. some had barely value-add on the way up, even less on the way down.

just cheerleading, and then reacting as if they’ve been betrayed by elon, as if he cheated on them or something.
so congrats trolls and complainers. you’ve disrupted the main contributors and readers. great achievement.

but now can you pls stfu, because the rest of the forum are trying to navigate this storm. you’d think at the very least, in the interest of self-preservation, and maybe even to gather ideas to rescue your lost $, you’d let the rest of the people here work through it.
because they aren’t standing around pointing fingers. they’re interested in data and facts. let them work.

So what’s the bullish spin on lowering S/X prices? Obviously they aren’t selling too well. I think people are opting for CPO because the prices on used Teslas completely tanked

I’ll have a go...

Tesla is lowering prices on S/X until the time that further refresh improvements are rolled out to try to reduce ruffling of feathers of those who took delivery of current S/X versions just be for new & better hit the streets.

I actually think that may be part of it. The part of the move that seems the most obvious to me is it being a response to the importance of Q2 deliveries getting as near to guidance as possible in the current climate (ie, one of the key “show me” metrics re current aggregate market sentiment).

Last edited:
Hey all you long timer's here would you say this round of gloom and doom about TSLA is as bad as it has ever been?
I have only been following for a couple years and in that time frame it certainly seems to be as bad as ever.

To my eye it is almost upside down from reality....as in the future ....while uncertain...... has many more upsides that what was apparent a few years ago.

Great clean energy car's and factory's to produce them growing up in part's of the world that want them....demand in other part's of the world that Tesla can't satisfy.

Continued improvement in these same product's ....the irrationality of this stock is ..well....irrational.
We're nearing the tipping point, legacy interests will obviously put up a fight before allowing that tip to happen.

Are you talking about this ?

This quarter, as with Q3, shipment of higher priced Model 3 variants (this time to Europe and Asia) will hopefully allow us, with great difficulty, effort and some luck, to target a tiny profit.

That was for Q4.

Elon did say in the Q4 call that Q1 might be profitable:
So, we're working every aspect of that logistics chain. And I think we've -- I think it's going to be good. I would say at this point, I'm optimistic about being profitable in Q1. Not by a lot, but I'm optimistic about being profitable in Q1 and for all quarters going forward.

if we strongly bounce up off mid $190s again today after “Code Red,” “$10 doom” strength false messaging, I find that very bullish. suggests to me some very large buyers lying in the grass for sub $200 accumulation.

What’s more, the more ‘disaster’ bells are wrung and media blitzed and the stock is not hit, the more it looks like histrionics from the media and analysts to more people. In other words, the more media and analyst talk doesn’t impact the stock price, the more it comes to be viewed as the PT Barnum type game that it ironically has tried to frame Musk/Tesla as. Fingers crossed some that TSLA movement continues to repeat yesterday’s pattern.

Last edited:
if we strongly bounce up off mid $190s again today after “Code Red,” “$10 doom” strength false messaging, I find that very bullish. suggests to me some very large buyers lying in the grass for sub $200 accumulation. The more ‘disaster’ bells are wrung and the stock is not hit, the more it looks like histrionics to more people. Fingers crossed some that we repeat yesterday’s pattern.
My buy order is at $195....I hope it does not get filled.

Hey all you long timer's here would you say this round of gloom and doom about TSLA is as bad as it has ever been?
I have only been following for a couple years and in that time frame it certainly seems to be as bad as ever.

To my eye it is almost upside down from reality....as in the future ....while uncertain...... has many more upsides that what was apparent a few years ago.

Great clean energy car's and factory's to produce them growing up in part's of the world that want them....demand in other part's of the world that Tesla can't satisfy.

Continued improvement in these same product's ....the irrationality of this stock is ..well....irrational.

Yup.

• Funny
Reactions: ev-enthusiast