TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 28, 2018.

1. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Yes, but at the top end, one has more power than the other so either you limit to the lower ability motor, or torque steer in a circle.

For Tesla, it is likely in the contactor safety circuit loop.

Can do with a diff, but independent real whel control is a better design. No diff, no braking for traction control.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  2. 204EV

204EV Member

It would be an interesting thing to be REGEN while at full throttle through a corner (inside wheel regening to make up diff lol)

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. Fact Checking

Fact Checking Well-Known Member

Wow, big swings in the price with no matching macro moves, and a strong effort to keep it below $250.

• Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. azaz

azaz Member

wild swings today

• Like x 1
  5. humbaba

humbaba Active Member

As long as it applies to all vehicles, I'm okay with it. Silent running vehicles are not new. I encountered them decades ago. I've also surprised people in parking lots -- when I still drove a gasoline car. I also surprised some in my Tesla, despite having the windows down and music playing. (And, no, they did not have head phones or other distractions.)

Anyone who has been in a parking lot has surely encountered pedestrians who were angrily surprised by the car backing out. Decades before we had EVs this was a "problem" but somehow only EVs must bear a scarlet letter.

People are oblivious and it is on the driver to, you know, drive responsibly and not drive threateningly close or hit them.

• Like x 7
    • Helpful x 2
    • Love x 1
  6. Unpilot

Unpilot I would rather spend my remaining time Helping

I have to go take a walk I am getting whiplash with this price action!

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  7. VValleyEV

VValleyEV Supporting Member

#84427 VValleyEV, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Latest update on ordering/delivery data point that may be of interest, have heard that’s delivery times can be all over the map, so here is mine, (I have a 2018 MS, this is an order for a new M3 for spouse)

Tesla delivery folks called me yesterday (Wednesday) saying the car will be in Thursday and ready for delivery late afternoon. I set up a delivery time for Friday 1pm.

Timeline, which was a pleasant surprise to me:

Order placed 29Aug for SR+
    Order upgraded 5 days later on 3Sep to LR AWD model
    Car ready for local delivery on 12Sep (elected to pick it up on 13Sep):
    • Delivery available exactly 2 weeks from order date
    • Delivery available only 9 days after order was upgraded to a different car
    • This seems terrific, comfortably within the “within 2 weeks”, especially given the end of quarter rush and competition with getting max number of cars shipped overseas.

Other observations:
    • After upgrading the order on 3Sep, I immediately completed all steps on my Tesla account website, got to “we are drafting a contract and will notify you when we have a payoff amount”, which was already known, just needed them to open the payment portal.
    • I compulsively checked the account website and my email inbox daily to see if a VIN got added or the contract sent or payment portal opened or anything at all. Nothing happened for 9 days until the voice call from the delivery team. I was preparing myself for a late Sep or even Oct delivery, which saddened me because would be after my wife’s birthday and the car is for you.
    • When I got the call, my account website STILL said “we are drafting a contract blabla”, and no payment portal open. Delivery team was puzzled, said ok it will be open later today which it finally was.
    • This just barely gave me time to use a bank transfer to pay for the car before I picked it up. This either means that they are not on top of the planning, and/or they really had no clue when they were gonna get a car until the last minute.
    Tomorrow we should have a 100% BEV Tesla fleet (if you can consider 2 vehicles a fleet), and a gasoline fume-free garage. We are sad to see the Jeep Rubicon go, but don’t use it much these days, better to have 2 extremely nice road cars. We were going to wait for a BEV truck, the Rivian or the Tesla, but we have to admit (grudgingly) that we don’t really need a truck.

• Like x 15
    • Informative x 4
    • Love x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  8. HG Wells

HG Wells Active Member

#84428 HG Wells, Sep 12, 2019
    Why not go sail planing. More ups and downs.
    Tow rope breaks are a thrill.

• Funny x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. azaz

azaz Member

got a gut feeling we end around 255 today. some battles going on right now to keep the price below 250 tho.

• Funny x 2
  10. humbaba

humbaba Active Member

• Funny x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'd trade off the range/efficiency for performance in the + model... the performance cars have always been lesser rated on range.

• Like x 3
  12. scaesare

#84432 scaesare, Sep 12, 2019
    This would seem non-ideal if torque vectoring is a goal.

ON EDIT- I see already discussed (happens every time I ignore my own rule to read to the end of the thread before posting my reply).

• Like x 1
  13. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Ask Dr Stupid...

Jeeze, this is volatile today!

And just to add to it:

upload_2019-9-12_16-57-28.png

When will this crap ever stop?

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. Joe F

Joe F Disruption is hard.

SP swing more following tweet action from Whitehouse and China news and then denials.

Manipulator in Chief.

• Informative x 1
  15. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger ♫ sniffin' the mornin' cool ♫

By your reasoning, BMW would only make an M5 and never an M3. Lets agree to disagree.

• Like x 1
  16. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Ask Dr Stupid...

Well that's going to kill the range!!

• Funny x 3
  17. scaesare

So Ideally:

Raven beats regular Taycan

Plaid P100D+ beats "Turbo" Taycan

Roadster beats everything Porsche has in it's stable

• Like x 10
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger ♫ sniffin' the mornin' cool ♫

US House to pursue Impeachment proceedings.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  19. KarenRei

KarenRei ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ

That would be fine. If they'd actually prove that Raven can beat any Taycan, rather than plugging a prototype that nobody can buy.

• Like x 3
  20. larmor

larmor Active Member

Correction, we are looking to beat a porsche 919 evo hybrid with the roadster including cold gas thrusters....

• Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1