Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To further connect the dots, this is the implication of Tesla's recent purchase of the German div. of ATW:

"ATW manufactures transmission and battery assembly lines that fit well with Tesla's planned operations."​

Telsa now owns a sub-unit that builds Battery Manufacturing tooling and equipment. This has huge implications for Tesla's battery manufacturing growth trajectory over the next 2-3 years. Buying a functioning work unit like ATW Germany gives Tesla a years-long headstart in becoming a major battery cell manufacturer.

And even better, having a captive bty unit allows Tesla the flexibility and dexterity to quickly pivot production plans as opportunities and technology present themselves. Nicely played, Tesla. :D

Cheers!
And reduces everyone else’s options.

I will be willing to buy your shares at $240 / share, but only if price upon closing is above $420.

Proceeds from the net difference in prices will go to the Human Fund.

61HvqVyOG-L.jpg

Lots of pre-market capping games going on this morning. Someone is working very hard to keep TSLA from rising too much. There have been unusually large orders, especially for pre-market, put in to try to prevent the stock from rising too much. It is the usual pattern of putting in a very large order just above the current ask price, and then pulling the order once the desired result is achieved. The orders do not align with someone trying to achieve top dollar for their sales.
This practice is known as “spoofing”. JPM just got fined $1B for spoofing in the metals markets.

Nice to see the rear view mirror getting more populated. Volvo, Mitsubishi and Jaguar-Land Rover all behind us now. 2021 should see Tesla pass BMW, Mazda and Daimler in the USA. VW and Subaru at around 400,000 cars are not likely to be caught until 2022. When Austin starts cranking out Model Y’s, I’d expect Model 3 and Y to have some price cuts that will expand the market demand by another 50%. Market share will also continue to expand based on consumer knowledge of Tesla, perceived quality improvements, retained value and tech leadership. The Apple like brand image of Tesla versus everyone else.

Furthermore, when Giga Berlin starts cranking up production, they can stop loading up the ro-ros and sell more of the cars produced in the US in the US. I'm sure there will be some going to the rest of the Americas and maybe even some headed off to Australasia if China isn't shipping there yet. Even without an increase in US production, not having to ship to Europe will mean more cars available to sell in the US.

Do you happen to remember any more details about when you got margin called at on IBKR? I just opened an account there, but have been hesitating to move everything over until I know if I can get at least 50% LTV with 100% TSLA and derivatives.
IBKR, doesn't do a traditional margin call. You'll get an in-app warning when your margin drops below the 5% level, and then can spontaneously liquidate some of your shares to bring your account back up above the required threshold.

Reactions: reardencode
Seems like Tesla is trying to use the internal Model3/Y cam to dectect driver attentiveness according to green:
https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1312607693249667073

Nice if there would be no nags to hold steering wheel any more if it detects you are attentive, on the other hand I am not really comfortable being filmed all the time. Guess you can´t have both at the same time...

I suspect this will have impact on Tesla insurance... potentially for both rates and payout.

• Helpful
Reactions: JusRelax
How long can they keep this up for??

Apparently a while. We're going on a continuous 8 days so far. Messing with my day trading record. I keep buying the dips, then it dips more in spite of QQQ.

Clearly the goal is to smash that 423 support. Three tires so far. I'm walking away now with my Friday to Monday trade.

• Helpful
Reactions: NooB_cat
Delayed MMD today.

A lot of effort to keep it at/under that Mid BB today. Another week where the games are starting early. sigh.

Yeah, I thought TSLA was go +5-15% today as investors/media are starting to digest the Battery Day implications, but I guess that isnt the case :(:
TSLA up.JPG

I guess that is what happens when you have the entire "Old World" against you (ICE car companies, Oil/Gas companies)

Last edited:
Furthermore, when Giga Berlin starts cranking up production, they can stop loading up the ro-ros and sell more of the cars produced in the US in the US. I'm sure there will be some going to the rest of the Americas and maybe even some headed off to Australasia if China isn't shipping there yet. Even without an increase in US production, not having to ship to Europe will mean more cars available to sell in the US.

Also they won't have to stop production to make right hand drive cars. Although I'm glad they did to make mine.

Reactions: Tim S and dc_h
Yeah, I thought TSLA was go +5-15% today as investors/media are starting to digest the Battery Day implications, but I guess that isnt the case :(:
View attachment 595560

I guess that is what happens when you have the entire "Old World" against you (ICE car companies, Oil/Gas companies)

What a dum-ass headline - $TSLA rises on JP Moron price increase, yeah, up from $65 to $75.

It's a tough job being a Wall Street analyst... Average return on stock -80%

upload_2020-10-5_17-22-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-5_17-22-37.png
    upload_2020-10-5_17-22-37.png
    394.1 KB · Views: 28