Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FR.jpg

Sept 2020 PEV Best Sellers
upload_2020-10-14_4-43-26.png

In the brands ranking, the leader is, as always, Renault (25%), with the runner-up Peugeot (19%, down 2%) losing some ground to the #1, while Tesla (6%, up 1%) has surpassed the local maker DS (5%), becoming the new Bronze medalist.

EV Sales: France September 2020

Target Px increased to 450 USD by Goldman Sachs

TSLA 07:10 10/14/20

Tesla price target raised to $450 from $400 at Goldman Sachs Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Delaney raised the firm's price target on Tesla to $450 from $400 to reflect his more positive auto industry view. The analyst, who keeps a Neutral rating on Tesla shares, believes that companies with higher auto exposure could have strong earnings reports based on recent industry data and company commentary. He has raised his U.S. auto sales forecast for 2020 to 14.3M, from 13.4M previously, and expects 2021 sales of 15.5M units, up from 15M previously.​

Read more at:
Tesla price target raised to $450 from $400 at Goldman Sachs TSLA - The Fly

TSLA 07:10 10/14/20

Tesla price target raised to $450 from $400 at Goldman Sachs Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Delaney raised the firm's price target on Tesla to $450 from $400 to reflect his more positive auto industry view. The analyst, who keeps a Neutral rating on Tesla shares, believes that companies with higher auto exposure could have strong earnings reports based on recent industry data and company commentary. He has raised his U.S. auto sales forecast for 2020 to 14.3M, from 13.4M previously, and expects 2021 sales of 15.5M units, up from 15M previously.​

Read more at:
Tesla price target raised to $450 from $400 at Goldman Sachs TSLA - The Fly
Smart man....yep auto's....that is it...focus on auto's.

It may have more potential than is currently apparent:-
  • Transport / Freight tunnels / Including public transport / Robo-taxis
  • Underground real estate / food production. (if Climate Change gets really bad)
  • Mining
  • Underground utilities, water, sewage, optical fiber, electricity
  • Selling and maintaining mass produced Boring machines (different sizes)
Even if all of this does happen, it will happen slowly, Tesla is starting from a bigger base, with a faster trajectory...

In 20 years time Tesla is definitely bigger, in 50 years, maybe Boring Co has caught up.
Moving power transmission underground could be very beneficial, especially in areas that experience hurricanes, tropical storms, ice storms, etc. Cost is the reason this isn’t done now.

8C03B0CE-660E-4F87-A539-62DE3AD45453.jpeg

Boring Co scales way faster than tesla or spacex.

Once boring co has a proven track record boring co could really only be limited by how many tunneling machines they produce. It's service based growth with no competition. Even if the demand for transport tunnels is limited by % of cars on the road that can use them (EVs) the potential use for service lines for electrical, sewage, making subterranean walking paths for cities, which would in theory also open up more space for subterranean stores/malls/distribution centers etc. is pretty high.

Robotaxis would counter that though.
Robotaxis are likely to increase the need for roads/tunnels. Driving will be more accessible and less of a chore. People won't mind sitting in traffic if they are watching Netflix on the way to work.

Daily Roundup Preview: 13 October
Posts from 13 Oct 00:24 GMT to 13 Oct 23:56 GMT
Votes as of 14 Oct 13:37 GMT

Note: I had these going for 36 hours before midnight on the roundup day, but I've now changed it to be simple 24 hours from midnight.

Go here to see today's full Roundtable Roundup!

Top 25 Informative + Helpful

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
JRP3
39 | Link ➤

13 Oct 16:04
https://twitter.com/KelvinYang7/status/1315719933989277697?s=20
MartinAustin
33 | Link ➤

13 Oct 7:15
Model S just got a $3,000 price cut OUCH!!! (for the other guys I mean)
Curt Renz
17 | Link ➤

13 Oct 22:00
Headline: Appeals court: Ford committed fraud by selling defective Super Duty trucks

Detroit Free Press - this afternoon: F-Series Super Duty with the 6.0L diesel engine costs Ford again
StarFoxisDown!
14 | Link ➤

13 Oct 15:56
Ron Baron on CNBC tomorrow morning, just in case anyone likes listening to his interviews
Christine600
14 | Link ➤

13 Oct 11:36
WuWa visited the Tesla Pudong Delivery Center with his drone:

Edit:

The largest delivery centre in Shanghai at around 4500 m2. Will have room for up to 300 cars in the future.
Tesla now has more than 70 delivery and experience centres across China.
Somewhere between 10% and 52% of Teslas are bough...
Curt Renz
12 | Link ➤

13 Oct 18:20
Electrek - 4 minutes ago: Elon Musk’s Boring Company expands Las Vegas' Tesla vehicles Loop system - Electrek
Artful Dodger
12 | Link ➤

13 Oct 9:37
Nice! Let's get that tweet in some text to make it searchable here on TMC:

Moneyball on Twitter: "Tesla MIC M3 Sep sales at 11,329. (CPCA) Sep production at 12,212, -3.9% MoM. (EVProbe)" / Twitter
Some implications for 2020Q4 GF3 production:

12,212 Models 3 produced in 20 days in Sep means that G...
heltok
11 | Link ➤

13 Oct 5:55
{no text}
jacobkbhs
10 | Link ➤

13 Oct 11:00
Well, the danish Tesla site is updated with the new lower Model S prices. Around DKK 31k lower than yesterday.
kengchang
10 | Link ➤

13 Oct 3:50
China September
perwis
9 | Link ➤

13 Oct 6:04
New World Energy Outlook report by International Energy Agency IEA released today.

The report is not free to read, but there is a nice summary of graphs and some main results here: World Energy Outlook 2020 shows how the response to the Covid crisis can reshape the future of energy - News - IEA

J...
Artful Dodger
9 | Link ➤

13 Oct 8:24
Tesla monitors bty research progress from at least 60 different teams of researchers around the world. If any one made progress on solid state (SS) btys Tesla would know. They are NOT researching that tech themselves. Tesla is developing mass production techniques for PROVEN tech, as outlined on Bty...
Mike Smith
8 | Link ➤

13 Oct 19:22
MACD (a widely followed directional momentum indicator) turned positive today for the first time since the beginning of September, which could draw in momentum traders.

Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) Definition.
Artful Dodger
8 | Link ➤

13 Oct 13:30
Here's today's Tech chart from 09:30 EDT:

Cheers!
Christine600
8 | Link ➤

13 Oct 14:12
Over in Austin there are some going-on's on the other side of the road from the main build - the west side. Look at 12:45 and onwards:
Curt Renz
7 | Link ➤

13 Oct 19:47
My brokerage's newsfeed - 12 minutes ago:

Environment In Focus For Lithium Companies After Musk Comments -- Market Talk

3:35 pm ET October 13, 2020 (Dow Jones) Print

15:35 ET - As lithium producers gear up to release 3Q results, executives likely will be keeping in mind something Tesla CEO Elon M...
MC3OZ
7 | Link ➤

13 Oct 6:03
Yes, they are at least proactively monitoring solid state.

It isn't clear to me what solid state will deliver over and above Battery Day and other research paths.

The next path Tesla are likely to pursue is:-
New high-density lithium battery prototype loves heat, won't explode

Or this one:-
Lithi...
Artful Dodger
7 | Link ➤

13 Oct 6:19
After-action Report: Mon, Oct 12, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "S&P Credit Rating Upgrade Triggers $6B MktCap Dngrd"

Traded: $17,219,244,931.79 ($17.22B)
Volume: 38,850,700
VWAP: $443.22

Close: $442.30 / VWAP: 99.79%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP

Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $412.139B / $183.33...
Prunesquallor
7 | Link ➤

13 Oct 0:24
SpaceX Limited Series In Works At HBO From ‘Star Trek: Beyond’ Scribe Doug Jung – Deadline

HBO limited series on Musk and SpaceX based on Ashlee Vance's book.
FrankSG
7 | Link ➤

13 Oct 1:25
Cool interview, but in my opinion his understanding of the future Mobility as a Service market is very poor. He doesn't see an easy path for Tesla to launch a ride-hailing service, whereas he thinks Uber is undervalued and very well positioned with its platform.

I wonder if he's ever fundamentally ...
Curt Renz
6 | Link ➤

13 Oct 19:50
Electrek - 8 minutes ago: Tesla gives Model X range increase with 2021 version - Electrek
Artful Dodger
6 | Link ➤

13 Oct 15:58
With the volume of "spoofing" going on in the Pre-market, it's pretty clear its MMs+Hedgies doing the selling (small players don't have the capital to place 20K sell orders and then pull them) . Abusing their MM roles to participate in illegal naked short selling, for which they will never be invest...
humbaba
6 | Link ➤

13 Oct 12:31
That chart looks interesting to me. Sometimes there's a clear center, but not here and the $380 is being skewed by the spike of puts at $200. What seems more likely is a sell wall to protect $450 from the calls there going into the money, but there are a number of puts higher than that. Maybe I don'...
ByeByeJohnny
5 | Link ➤

13 Oct 20:48
As a space nerd I shouldn't say it but I will.

I'ld rather invest in BoringCompany than SpaceX/starlink at this point.

SpaceX will do great but already have a huge valuation. Still a multiple or two to come though. Starlink will be IPOed at such a high valuation it'll be a good investment but hard...
Artful Dodger
5 | Link ➤

13 Oct 11:08
Yes, my Q4 production projections begin with the 20-day average production at Giga Shanghai. That's why it only takes 82 days of production to reach 50K MiC Models 3.

On top of that, any additional production due to the 3rd shift, the availability of CATL bty packs, and possibly even early Model Y ...

Last edited:
So 450 this week...and new all time high next week after earnings.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

Pfff, who knows - has been sell the news since Q2ER, so I wouldn't like to call it.

However, I am expecting record profits and profits even if any reg credits were subtracted, just to put that one to bed too.

They could bring in some of that deferred tax revenue, but I suppose Gordo would call that an "accounting trick" too...

Last edited:
Is everyone forgetting the earth based BFR that is supposed to make international travel via space fast and affordable? Seems like that play has some percentage of the airline market?

It comes down to timeframes. Even as a long-term buy/hold investor, I don't like to try to project for something that may or may not happen in 10 years.

Reactions: capster
Pfff, who knows - has been sell the news since Q2ER, so I would like to call it.

However, I am expecting record profits and profits even if any reg credits were subtracted, just to put that one to bed too.

They could bring in some of that deferred tax revenue, but I suppose Gordo would call that an "accounting trick" too...
TBH it has been sell the 'tsla' for years on a day by day basis, but just like dunkin donuts, it is always time to make the cars.

Pfff, who knows - has been sell the news since Q2ER, so I would like to call it.

Nobody, including other analysts and the market itself, gives a care what he thinks. Why should we? At some point, clown shows become stupid instead of entertaining.

Ron's been very right so far for the past 5 years on TSLA...

Tesla will become a $2 trillion company, says billionaire Tesla shareholder Ron Baron

Key points so you don't have to click...

Billionaire investor Ron Baron believes Tesla will be a $2 trillion company.

The electric auto maker's share price surged more than 400% this year.

Baron's investment firm, with $39.9 billion in assets under management, holds more than 7.3 million Tesla shares.

They were purchased at an average cost per share of $43.07, according to the firm.

"I've said for a long time, I thought it was going to be $1 [trillion] to $2 trillion. With what developments have taken place recently, I think $2 trillion is the right number. So I think it's five times from here," Baron said."

Nobody, including other analysts and the market itself, gives a care what he thinks. Why should we? At some point, clown shows become stupid instead of entertaining.

I care what Gordo thinks I actually look forward to his next interview.

He is such an idiot and crook. It's important (fun) to keep an eye on him.

All kidding aside I think he's on some kind of drugs and he's paid by either the car Companies or the oil companies.
He can't really believe that Tesla stock is worth $19

Last edited: