Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Will Recall 48,442 Model S and X Units In China Due To Suspension Issues

this is potentially big. The model X has a serious design flaw leading to wearing out the dusoenyunder acceleration leading to a shudder, that tesla stopped fixing because they did not have a permanent fix.

we got it fixed once on our 2016 model x and when the problem came back, the service center People in Dublin Recommended to wait until they have a more permanent fix, then suddenly said that we are now out of warranty and would have to pay $2-3k for a fix, and ‘lost’ all notes of us having talked about waiting with fixing again. Very aggravating and escalating didn’t fix it.
I wonder if this is related or a different recall ? Did China force tesla to be accountable? Is this going to happen in US too ? Or did tesla finally find a permanent fix and now is willing to recall because of that ? Or is it a different issue altogether? So many questions.

Last edited:
Correct, that's a few months away. Who's going to buy it for $10K?
OK wait... what if it was intended to kick a few off the fence into a sale this week, and knowing the real value will be in Q1 when the kinks are worked out. Plus, thinking if people don't buy it for $8K on sale, they weren't going to buy it anyway this quarter.

I know this will get a bunch of dislikes but I sold all my tesla stock before earnings day and followed Cathy woods in buying twou for upcoming earnings ... Hoping twou increases so I can buy this dip ..
Hey, go with your instincts I say. Cathy Woods is on point! Hope the FSD runup doesn't miss you. I think you have some time though.

Reactions: capster
Tesla Will Recall 48,442 Model S and X Units In China Due To Suspension Issues

this is potentially big. The model X has a serious design flaw leading to wearing out the dusoenyunder acceleration leading to a shudder, that tesla stopped fixing because they did not have a permanent fix.

we got it fixed once on our 2016 model x and when the problem came back, the service center People in Dublin Recommended to wait until they have a more permanent fix, then suddenly said that we are now out of warranty and would have to pay $2-3k for a fix, and ‘lost’ all notes of us having talked about waiting with fixing again. Very aggravating and escalating didn’t fix it.
I wonder if this is related or a different recall ? Did China force tesla to be accountable? Is this going to happen in US too ? Or did tesla finally find a permanent fix and now is willing to recall because of that ? Or is it a different issue altogether? So many questions.

Based on that article it seems the parts for the MX that were replaced for our shudder are different. Also, Tesla has been proactively replacing parts on the suspension for years now. I can't guarantee they're the same parts outlined in the recall, but if so there should be fewer vehicles requiring a recall than implied.

Last edited:
I have to eat crow on this one. Somebody called yesterday and now they offer month to month FSD subscription. Only goes to show cash flow matters, and more is even better! But doesn't this just osborn full price FSD this week? A bit early it seems.

They don't offer a subscription yet, and they said that they were going to offer one months ago, this isn't news. Of course they said it will cost significantly more than rolling the price of FSD into your loan/lease, so it isn't going to be cheap.

They don't offer a subscription yet, and they said that they were going to offer one months ago, this isn't news. Of course they said it will cost significantly more than rolling the price of FSD into your loan/lease, so it isn't going to be cheap.
Someone thought it was news, it was in the summary today on TD site.
Looked like news... hey I just woke to this and did a panic buy. I got coffee now.

I know this will get a bunch of dislikes but I sold all my tesla stock before earnings day and followed Cathy woods in buying twou for upcoming earnings ... Hoping twou increases so I can buy this dip ..
Now could you teach us how to do it without paying a tax big enough to fund a small local government for a decade?