Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha. So a $30million (worst case) recall cost? on the now-aging and not exactly best selling model....so the stock dips?

Meanwhile they just took a giant leap towards full self driving, and just crushed it during a pandemic year in terms of earnings, and STILL on track for 500,000 cars this year.
Analysts are useless!
I expect the stock to climb slowly and steadily as more poeople get better quality youtube vids of the beta FSD cars promoted in their news feeds. You only need one actual wall st analyst to take a ride in a beta FSD car for someone to put 2 and 2 together. In the meantime... buy if you can!

Ha. So a $30million (worst case) recall cost? on the now-aging and not exactly best selling model....so the stock dips?
Anything that looks like a possible problem for Tesla is raw meat for shorty shorts. Doesn't matter what it is, they will pounce because it's the one to beat.

Forgotten tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I know this will get a bunch of dislikes but I sold all my tesla stock before earnings day and followed Cathy woods in buying twou for upcoming earnings ... Hoping twou increases so I can buy this dip ..

On 6 October you said you sold your holdings. Now you say you sold your holdings before earnings day, which would be around 20 October. You also sold on 9 September. Do you also have a water damaged laptop on offer?

I would be surprised if we get a huge bounce before election day in the US. Hopefully we get a clear winner on election night and can move past the uncertainty. Also hoping we close above the 50MA today to keep the bull trend intact.

EDIT: Of course, a stimulus deal would be great also. The latest on that from this morning:

2BE2BB9C-8A56-4855-B427-F0738B227384.jpeg

Last edited:
It's positive for me because I get the opportunity to buy more shares (if my limit order triggers) at a price I wasn't expecting to see again

Right, have put money to work as well. But recalls based on cruddy manufacturing...well that makes Tesla like every other OEM. Not a good look. I call it predictable because Tesla was doing this from scratch...and as such to be expected.

And don’t get too hooked on these ideas of prices ‘never to be seen again’. I have been around long enough to discount stuff like that.

Stay flexible and keep your eyes open.

On 6 October you said you sold your holdings. Now you say you sold your holdings the day before earnings (which is 20 October). Do you also have a water damaged laptop on offer?

Agreed lot of bearish postings here and in the news. Obviously, this means one thing. Buy. Yeah it may go down further in the next two weeks because....reasons. But then, try and buy more.

Remember everyone the quarterly earnings, better than even us lunatics expected, was just a couple days ago.

I was able to find a visual interpretations of the Q3 report. Posted below for your enjoyment.

Very impressive FSD Beta video. Robotaxi is coming....

Really impressive. Couple questions, though, (1) How does it know that right turn on red is legal in the instant locale? Not all jurisdictions have that and even in those who do, there are exceptions o on an intersection-by-intersection basis - where it is prohibited. (2) How does it handle school zones, where the speed limit applies only during certain times and/or conditions, or as in some cases, when the light is blinking?

Right, have put money to work as well. But recalls based on cruddy manufacturing...well that makes Tesla like every other OEM. Not a good look. I call it predictable because Tesla was doing this from scratch...and as such to be expected.

And don’t get too hooked on these ideas of prices ‘never to be seen again’. I have been around long enough to discount stuff like that.

Such major recalls are pretty common among established car makers (and the market doesn't care about them). It's a miracle that a new car maker like Tesla managed to avoid having to issue a major recall for so many years. And now that it happens, ofcourse the market suddenly cares. But we can take it. We're battle tested.

Surprising number of recalls surfaced since ER. People are digging for dirt, huh?

On a sidenote, I’m trying the trick to sell cheap puts to expand my margin and avoid my usual margin call but no matter what price I select, ETrade tells me I have insufficient funds. Any thoughts...?

Off topic (way off), why do people use periods instead of a comma in numbers like this. A period for me is reserved for decimals. How would you write 30M with a decimal 125? Would look like 30B, no?
Who knows, maybe someone of importance was low on ink and their typewriter turned commas into periods back in the day...

What makes more sense is the price action today.

jacobkbhs - Denmark

Decimal separator - Wikipedia

Three ways to group the number ten thousand with digit group separators.
1) Space, the internationally recommended thousands separator.
2) Period (spoken as point), the thousands separator in many non-English speaking countries.
3) Comma, the thousands separator used in most English-speaking

Like Ron Barron said 'Would you rather keep your cash and know that you are going to lose 3 - 4% of its value over a period of time, or would you rather put it to work in a company that has the potential to disrupt and go 10 - 20x"

I think the answer is clear for most of us....except maybe @Joesantelli ..since he has a crystal ball and times his $TSLA trades so he only makes $$ :)

WHY, BUT WHY.

The next best thing is TSLA, and third place: TSLA.

Aren't we all looking for the next TSLA. After extensive research I am currently convinced it is right before our eyes.
WHY, BUT WHY.

The next best thing is TSLA, and third place: TSLA.

Aren't we all looking for the next TSLA. After extensive research I am currently convinced it is right before our eyes.

Tesla have won the fight. The future for it is how to become the empire.

I want to support the rebels in some unrelated field. It's about getting amused.

Off topic (way off), why do people use periods instead of a comma in numbers like this. A period for me is reserved for decimals. How would you write 30M with a decimal 125? Would look like 30B, no?
Who knows, maybe someone of importance was low on ink and their typewriter turned commas into periods back in the day...

What makes more sense is the price action today.
It's a Europe thing.

KqYWYsv.gif

On topic: This year, we have not broken below the lower BB since the COVID bottom. I bet that's not gonna happen today (404) or next week.

Such major recalls are pretty common among established car makers (and the market doesn't care about them). It's a miracle that a new car maker like Tesla managed to avoid having to issue a major recall for so many years. And now that it happens, ofcourse the market suddenly cares. But we can take it. We're battle tested.

I have had 2 x 2013 Model S's. There were at least 2 significant recalls to date on those cars.