Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard a great point made today regarding the election . . .

The central crux of Trump's argument about the election is voter fraud, delayed vote counting, etc.

In the 21st century, why are we still voting on paper ballots? Using something like blockchain technology (my thought) there are SECURE, reliable, rapid and robust ways that we surely should be able to cast ballots, verify a voter's identity as legit, and ensure that results don't take days (weeks?) to be reported.

Food for thought.

I heard a great point made today regarding the election . . .

The central crux of Trump's argument about the election is voter fraud, delayed vote counting, etc.

In the 21st century, why are we still voting on paper ballots? Using something like blockchain technology (my thought) there are SECURE, reliable, rapid and robust ways that we surely should be able to cast ballots, verify a voter's identity as legit, and ensure that results don't take days (weeks?) to be reported.

Food for thought.
Veering into serious OT here but the reason we do not use electronic voting is because of attack surfaces. Manipulating an election is very hard when you have to do it manually, paper ballot by paper ballot. Not so much if it's by a click of a button.

You would effectively be using same design principles for democracy as the Sith did for the Deathstar.

CNN is now reporting that Biden has taken the lead in Georgia.

EDIT: AP now also confirming the change in lead in Georgia:
Biden takes the Lead in Georgia.2020-11-06.04-45-EST.png

Way OT

Veering into serious OT here but the reason we do not use electronic voting is because of attack surfaces. Manipulating an election is very hard when you have to do it manually, paper ballot by paper ballot. Not so much if it's by a click of a button.

You would effectively be using same design principles for democracy as the Sith did for the Deathstar.
I've heard the same from the various articles I've read. It's a shame we can't find a more efficient method as simpler methods of gaining peoples views (e.g. voting from your phone) could open up a world of possibilities - Think how easy opinion polling, referendums, petition signing would be just to name the obvious.

Here's a decent vid from Tom Scott on the issues with electronic voting.

Way OT

I've heard the same from the various articles I've read. It's a shame we can't find a more efficient method as simpler methods of gaining peoples views (e.g. voting from your phone) could open up a world of possibilities - Think how easy opinion polling, referendums, petition signing would be just to name the obvious.

Here's a decent vid from Tom Scott on the issues with electronic voting.

[

And here is how that will then look:
chinese-click-farm.jpg

Not sure if there's enough votes left for Trump to make up the difference. Only 200,000 ballots left and Trump would need to get a pretty high ratio of those ballots.

Biden campaign stated yesterday that they expected Arizona to tighten, but still win it. So not surprised here.

GA now blue and lead growing. PA needs to get a move on.

The real reason is people who decide on this are 60+ years old and full of prejudice and fear of new.
They can state the problems of the new but the do not see the problems of the old.

Attack surfaces you say ... manipulating the elections is easy not matter what... comparing manipulation of paper ballots with mouse clicks is false dilemma.

We have no big problems using electronic money.
Q.E.D.