Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can afford a 4 slice toaster. Unless tou purposefully didn't tell your wife how much tsla you have. Honestly little life improvement like that should be looked into.

Take Theragun example please. If I was still a fiscally responsible person who budget my spending, I'd never spend money on such an expensive toy. But turns out, it is now slowly healing my old sports injuries when all the chiropractors, therapist and registered massage therapist couldn't do a thing.
Thanks! I had no idea what to get my wife for Christmas. Now she's got a Theragun coming :)

Still getting used to being able to easily afford expensive toys.

It is my belief that there is a strong possibility that we breech 1200 during this inclusion event. Again, not advice
That would be ~200 shares for a Roadster. Wow, I'm like a little kid collecting Hot Wheels again just thinking about one, or the Plaid S.
But where would I park the Semi for my monthly water hauls to the desert in the future?

I would advise you to not set your price target right now but rather a delta target at which you want to sell the cc's. It is my belief that there is a strong possibility that we breech 1200 during this inclusion event. Again, not advice
LOL, that would put me in 8 figures.

Very unlikely, but if it does happen, I'll contribute $1,000 to TMC.

Worst case scenario, you can always use a portion of the premium to roll it upward whenever a higher strike price becomes available, during periods of low volatility & down trend. Plenty of those down the road.

Exactly. From what I've been learning with rolls, the time to roll is when time value is nearly 0. That usually means the final week, but more generally means when you're far ITM.

The rationale is that when you roll, the first leg is a buy-to-close on the existing position. If you close with time value, then you are realizing that time value profit for the option buyer (giving it away). As time value approaches 0, the less of that overall option value you're giving away.

For my income related purpose, this also simplifies my tracking. Unless the share price has gone really far ITM or OTM, then I can just ignore the current option premium, and I like that as it reduces my time and energy I put into tracking this stuff (I optimize for that as well).

I'll take more on this over to The Wheel thread.

Thanks! I had no idea what to get my wife for Christmas. Now she's got a Theragun coming :)

Still getting used to being able to easily afford expensive toys.

I did some research this morning as well, for the same reason you did :)

From my reading of customer reviews, I'm going to go 1 step down from the luxury model - many reviews indicating it might be too powerful.

Merry Xmas!@

Reactions: Tim S
I have been pondering something indirectly related to TSLA over the past few days that this article touches on. So if one was inclined to worry about short term changes, wouldn't it be wise to sell any S&P 500 based holdings prior to inclusion? Cramer had said he thought Door Dash was the impetus behind the drop the other day. If Tesla is worth 1.5% of the index, barring other forces, then shouldn't I expect my index holdings to drop?
You own 'other' stocks in the index??? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I'm nerdy, though a bit younger. I hope to retire soon and intend to buy a roadster. I'd like my garage to be a cybertruck and roadster but I still need to buy a house. I sold my house last year and put much of the equity into tsla. Currently living in a one bedroom apartment and developing patience.
Nerdy here, too. Been retired 15 years now and hope to spend what it takes to expand my garage so the Cybertruck will fit into it!

Did they learn anything about Elon, Tesla, renewables, EVs etc? If they only look at the charts & fail to look at the business, business environment & technology trajectory, they have failed.

Ha! Their analysis is so disingenuous, and downright misleading. Only 4,900 shares of XPEL traded on their 1st day in the Market (Wed, Oct 18, 2006), and they opened at $1.76 (they were $1.82 at the close).

So if you bought ALL the shares traded on Day 1 (you didn't), and paid the lowest possible price (you can't), then the MAXIMUM you could have invested on Day 1 was $8,624 and you'd be the ONLY one. :p

So much for the $10K invested then is over a Million $$ now! :rolleyes:

Worse, by April 13, 2018 (the week I bought my 1st TSLA shares), XPEL had sored to $1.65 per share. That right: you'd be down 7 cents on each of those 4,900 shares after holding faithfuly for 11.5 yrs: o_O

Google Chart:

XPEL.chart.2020-12-10.10-23.png

Stockchart.com Chart:

sc.XPEL.5-DayChart.2006-10-20.20-00.png

So, lesson is "the average investor can't get in on IPO offerings, and has to buy on the Open Market for much worse prices'. Meanwhile, my TSLA investment in on-track to be valued at over $1 million in just 6 years. XPEL didn't do that. :p

Lesson 2: Don't trust the Financial Press (Lol).

P.S. XPEL has outperformed XPEL 258x-to-9.2x since April 13, 2018, but how many shareholders that bought XPEL on Oct 18, 2006 do you think still hold it today?

Cheers!

Last edited:
IV actually broke 110 very briefly this morning, though dropped back to 105-107 range soon after.... there's obviously also a lot of time sensitivity since we're trying to leverage the inclusion and (presumed) post-inclusion drop... I'm not expecting the 2x share price spikes some seem to be in the next 1-2 weeks, but I certainly think spiking to/over 700 is entirely likely...

I've also got a bunch of ITM calls I'll want to sell off in this period (mostly mid-Jan ones, but a few of later ones I think are still worth selling now if it spikes like that), and again around 700 is where I'd be pretty happy to do so...

Looking at the current options OI chart for the next few weeks seems most are betting on 700 too... (there's some smaller OI at 800 and up but much smaller #s and the folks I personally know who've bought in this area did so just to resell as it moves up for a profit not because they expect em to go ITM or anything).... so obviously "they" have a LOT of interest in keeping it under 700... but I'm ok doing all my work at 699 I suppose :)

Oh and then if this somehow all magically works out perfectly, I've got to decide what to do what what's now an unexpectedly huge pile of cash... sell 12/31 puts expecting a drop? (if so at what strike since I do want shares back)- or just buy a lot more shares than I originally had before converting them to options? Or just "wait for a dip" and buy em? Or heck gamble some more and instead on a dip buy a ton of leaps instead?
Who's going to be buying Calls when many here believe there will be a selloff after inclusion? Same with Shares.

But this is where FSD (then Energy) comes in I think. As long as a valid argument can be made to the upside, then there's still growth potential in the investor's mind. We won't question how high we are if, at the same time, we're speculating on even a higher future value of what is yet to come out of this Jack in the Box surprise company. Am I making sense? I'm pretty stoned right now... so.

"Part of the trepidation on Wall Street is that Tesla, the largest-ever such company by market value to join the S&P 500, will immediately see a weighting in the 500-company index of between 1.5% and 1.6%.

To put that addition into perspective, every $11 move in the Palo Alto, Calif.-based company would commensurately swing the entire S&P 500 by nearly a point." :eek:

What ever happened to @Joesantelli? I remember he was selling all his $TSLA hoping to buy back on the dip back after Battery day....He probably missed the boat again like the majority of short term traders who try to time the $TSLA :)
Membership tracking system reports: :rolleyes:

"Joesantelli was last seen: 2w 2d ago "​