Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know what their exposure to TSLA was before S&P 500 inclusion? That should tell us something about the role the benchmark funds have played in the runup since then, and how much more we can expect.
On Nov 17, 2020 at 5AM TSLA numbers were 206 ETF holding any TSLA with 105 of them as top 15 holdings
This means only 21 ETFs have started to buy since and at least 155 more ETFs have yet to buy any.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201117054324/https://etfdb.com/stock/TSLA/

08:00 a.m. Whistle: Thu, Jan 07, 2021

TSLA share price: $778.33 +$22.35 +2.96%

Volume: 588,063 shares (Moderate)

Max Pain (07:00 ET): $715 (+$15 from Wed)

TSLA.2021-01-07.08-00.png

Comment: "TSLA recovers overnight from yesterday's Kabuki on the Potomac"

Cheers!

In hindsight this is absolutely correct from my own experience.

I remember reading the same points from other successful ppl before I took on this journey. I remember that it's not that easy to succeed in your passion without money.

It turns out that the option with money is often the easy way out and the option towards your passion is the harder way because it involves many years without the money rolling in. ..

And such is advice. Even if true. Even if given with the best of intentions. Most ppl will not be able to take it. I probably wasted half of my time pursuing money first.
Many people I know, including a few close to me, chose the obvious path to money rather than the path of passion. Most of those seem to have been unemployed or impoverished for long times. A few never had that happen but have not been satisfied either.

Some I know had a passion for something that also made lots of money. I knew well one with a famous family name who was born with wished but ended out with a passion for banking. Imagine that! He was my bosses boss. I shared his passions, oddly oriented towards financial services for poor people. A long story.

Doing what you love is always the better path. To do that one must actually know what they love. That knowledge is often hard to gain. Elon Musk, for example, has not pursued anybody's rational choices, nor has Jeff Bezos. Then there is Pope Francisco. Self realization is never easy. Surely I gave famous examples because we know them. That is the only reason because almost all people pursuing there dreams do not become wealthy in money or fame.

I wager nobody ever has really loved derivatives, at least since they ceased to be mostly agricultural.

Tesla Call Was ‘Completely Wrong,’ RBC Says After 1,200% Rally

"Long-term bear RBC Capital Markets upgraded its recommendation on Tesla Inc., admitting it had misjudged the electric-vehicle maker.“There is no graceful way to put this other than to say we got TSLA’s stock completely wrong,” analyst Joseph Spak wrote in a report lifting Tesla to sector perform."

"He also increased his 2025 delivery estimate to 1.7 million autos from 1.3 million, based on capacity and market share assumptions, and his price target for the stock to $700 from $339."

Last edited:
I try not to put my poorly informed opinions out here against the informed that have done the research, however.....
There is speculation from different boards and threads (not on TMC) that suggest shorts are either closing positions or not opening new ones because they anticipate another split.
Thoughts?

Just minutes ago I was contemplating the effects of a 5:1 or 10:1 split at 800.

Getting the share price lower might make TSLA attractive as a DJIA candidate. Not that this would be significant in any way, other than attracting those buyers who feel all warm and fuzzy about stocks that are in the S&P and DJIA and might not purchase TSLA otherwise.

Last edited:
Tesla Call Was ‘Completely Wrong,’ RBC Says After 1,200% Rally

"Long-term bear RBC Capital Markets upgraded its recommendation on Tesla Inc., admitting it had misjudged the electric-vehicle maker.“There is no graceful way to put this other than to say we got TSLA’s stock completely wrong,” analyst Joseph Spak wrote in a report lifting Tesla to sector perform."

"He also increased his 2025 delivery estimate to 1.7 million autos from 1.3 million, based on capacity and market share assumptions, and his price target for the stock to $700 from $339."

Translation: I admit I was wrong, and I plan to keep being wrong.

Just minutes ago I was contemplating the effects of a 5:1 or 10:1 split at 800.

Getting the share price lower might make TSLA attractive as a DJIA candidate. Not that this would be significant in any way, other than attracting those buyers who feel all warm and fuzzy about stocks that are in the S&P and DJIA and might not purchase TSLA otherwise.

There needs to be shareholder approval for this, at least beyond a 2:1. Does anyone know the exact mechanism for that, though? Is it only something that can be voted on at the shareholder’s meeting, or could it be done more quickly than that?

I try not to put my poorly informed opinions out here against the informed that have done the research, however.....
There is speculation from different boards and threads (not on TMC) that suggest shorts are either closing positions or not opening new ones because they anticipate another split.
Thoughts?

Read this board every morning before you do anything else and you will no longer be poorly informed!