Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gery Black might still be proven right ..that 20%-30% correction will happen only after the inclusion is 'complete'.

It is not complete yet.

I think he called the pull back as being over at one point.
My read of his feed is he thinks bench marked fund managers need to be buying large amounts now, buying begets buying.
He lists several catalysts
His price targets are higher and he gives reasons why they might need to be adjusted higher yet.

Elon knows he'll be the richest soon....
Hell yeah... He deserves every $$$!!!
IMG_20210107_112739.jpg

Elon knows he'll be the richest soon....
Hell yeah... He deserves every $$$!!!
View attachment 625245

Twitter:
Elon: The most entertaining outcome is the most likely
As seen from an external observer, not the participants
Viv: Most ironic outcome 2nd most likely. Many times tho, irony is directly correlated to level of entertainment
Elon: Yes, and then Occam’s razor is actually third most likely

Rather strange use of Occam's razor by Elon.

I wonder what the most entertaining, ironic and razor-like outcomes are for Tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: capster
Twitter:
Viv: Most ironic outcome 2nd most likely. Many times tho, irony is directly correlated to level of entertainment

I wonder what the most entertaining, ironic and razor-like outcomes are for Tesla?

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the smallest number of assumptions is usually correct. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation.
----------------------

Well - $tslaq would have saved a lot of pain if they know what Occam's razor was.

Twitter:

No reason this series of tweets is about Tesla and not the upcoming Spaceship SN9 test flight.

Last edited:
Since today I’m in 10-bagger territory :)

To answer Marge’s question. After decades of not investing, it took me just 15 months for the 10 bagger, Because I was a novice investor, I did make mistakes with respect to Marge (in), not sitting on hands when it was extra important (won’t forget 18 March 2020 :(). I’ve still some bit to go but I already made it this far. :D

PS, if the definition of 10 bagger refers to the profit excluding the investment, it is a 9 bagger.

Last edited:
Currently there are 392 ETF with exposure to AAPL and 209 of them having it within its top 15 holdings.
Compare that to TSLA:
There are 237 ETFs with exposure to TSLA with 149 of them in the top 15.

Meaning we should expect a lot more buying of TSLA over the months/years until the TSLA numbers approach AAPL.

Source:
AAPL: ETFs with Apple Inc. (AAPL) Exposure | ETF Database
TSLA: ETFs with Tesla Inc (TSLA) Exposure | ETF Database

Do you know what their exposure to TSLA was before S&P 500 inclusion? That should tell us something about the role the benchmark funds have played in the runup since then, and how much more we can expect.

Elon Musk's guide to getting ahead in business

Nothing new for those of us who follow Musk but I sense the tide of public opinion is shifting again in favour of Musk.

In hindsight this is absolutely correct from my own experience.

I remember reading the same points from other successful ppl before I took on this journey. I remember that it's not that easy to succeed in your passion without money.

It turns out that the option with money is often the easy way out and the option towards your passion is the harder way because it involves many years without the money rolling in. But in the end, the goals I pursued based purely on passion and ideals ended up bringing in the bacon. 10 years ago, they were just ideas of a world I imagined. Now they've partially been realized. I guess, I will see in another decade what happens when these visions are fully realized.

And such is advice. Even if true. Even if given with the best of intentions. Most ppl will not be able to take it. I probably wasted half of my time pursuing money first.

Gery Black might still be proven right ..that 20%-30% correction will happen only after the inclusion is 'complete'.

It is not complete yet.
The amount of shares needs to be bought just to match S&p with such a tiny float makes it almost impossible to complete this without another backdoor deal with hedge mangers at a set price. A tiny 300-400k buy order will shoot the sp up 5%+ because their buy orders incite fomo more than trying to convince Elon or his loyal shareholders to sell.

Some UK-centric analysis of how the EV transition plays out in the real world.

Yesterday I spotted a tweet with this plot, which I found fascinating in how clearly it shows the general adoption of EVs (particularly pure EVs) in Norway, as well as which are the losing technologies.
twitter_ErDsYxjVoAEtPuB.jpg

So I decided to do a similar thing for the UK car market over the same 10-year interval, using data from the SMMT. I came up with this:
UK mkt share by fuel type - 2011-2020.png

I wrote a thread on Twitter about it, have a look if you're interested: https://twitter.com/tavi_chocochip/status/1347156665691500544?s=21