Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm becoming uncomfortable with Charles Schwab's politics and looking for another brokerage. I already have accounts at Vanguard and Fidelity, never dipped into options trading (despite reading this thread daily), more HODL. Most of my holdings are TSLA, ARKX with some still in SP500's. Does anyone feel strongly about their brokerage firms?

I always change my brokerage depending upon which party is in power. So I thought BernieTrade would be a good option and requested an account agreement/commission schedule:

Trading Commissions:

Size of Trade.....Commission
$0-$10k................ 0.1%
over $10k..............5.0%
TSLA ................... 15.0%

:eek:

/s

Was this over the wrong-way car news?

Man, sometimes we really don't seem to be aware of macros on this board. Not a personal dig, just an observation and something that I'm sure I've done many times myself. We were also due for an excuse to reset the base and have some minor correction. By correction, I mean we're back to 11:00 am Friday?

By correction, I mean we're back to 11:00 am Friday Upper-BB?

FTFY. ;)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-01-11.12-05.png

Good news about 'riding-the-Upper-BB' is that it's going up $5/day on avg for the past 10 days.

Cheers!

Teslarati - today: Tesla Model S and Model X lines to resume production in Fremont factory today

Excerpts:

Tesla’s flagship sedan and SUV, both of which paved the way for the harbinger of automotive disruption that is the Model 3, seem poised for a comeback after an 18-day break. As hinted at in a previously leaked Elon Musk email last month, the Fremont Factory’s Model S and Model X production lines are resuming operations today, January 11, 2021, following a shutdown that started on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2020...

Speculations are abounding that the new Model S and Model X may incorporate a number of changes to their interior and exterior, giving the two vehicles a fresh look as they compete in a premium market that is steadily getting more crowded. With competitors such as the Lucid Air poised to be released soon, after all, a Model S and Model X “refresh” would be a great way for Tesla to establish its place at the top of the electric car food chain.

Teslarati - today: Tesla Model S and Model X lines to resume production in Fremont factory today

Excerpts:

Tesla’s flagship sedan and SUV, both of which paved the way for the harbinger of automotive disruption that is the Model 3, seem poised for a comeback after an 18-day break. As hinted at in a previously leaked Elon Musk email last month, the Fremont Factory’s Model S and Model X production lines are resuming operations today, January 11, 2021, following a shutdown that started on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2020...

Speculations are abounding that the new Model S and Model X may incorporate a number of changes to their interior and exterior, giving the two vehicles a fresh look as they compete in a premium market that is steadily getting more crowded. With competitors such as the Lucid Air poised to be released soon, after all, a Model S and Model X “refresh” would be a great way for Tesla to establish its place at the top of the electric car food chain.
Not quite sure on my time zone conversions but if I am correct then they should be just over an hour into the process of restarting. Perhaps there will be some training required on any new process steps/modifications, but hopefully new vehicles will start rolling off the line sometime today and it will become increasingly difficult to keep any changes secret.

Reactions: gabeincal
Nothing yet. I've been refreshing all the usual sources. Maybe it'll be a CES unveiling after all?

Vincent had that twitter post.......but honestly I'm not a fan of doing that. To just put a vague statement of soon without stating a timeframe or if it's his own speculation or from a inside source, just rubs me the wrong way with getting people's expectations up.

Electrek - hour ago: Tesla starts production of Model Y with massive single-piece rear casting - Electrek

Excerpt:

Tesla has started production of the Model Y with a massive single-piece rear casting, according to a picture of a new unit of the electric SUV. It’s the automaker’s latest move into massive casting techniques.

Cool if they could make doors and quarter panels the same way for the Model 2. Piece size seems comparable. No need to debate here on mold lead-times or costs (as I am humbled by some posts on this). What I do know is Tesla Engineers always surprises me in the end and another breakthrough might be tied to the recent talk on pulling in the 2 schedule.

Tesla rewrites our future while others just try to match what was once thought impossible. (I'm Long again, can you tell.)

but hopefully new vehicles will start rolling off the line sometime today

I think it takes more than a day to make a car from start to finish. (stamping, casting, body-in-white, painting, general assembly, etc.)

If cars roll off the line today that would make me think there was no refresh.

This in fun to watch... Max Pain ~1 hour apart today. Volume doubled (left column) but same focus.

Earlier today...
View attachment 626670

Later today...
View attachment 626671

She could pop this week as Earnings near. And we should keep in mind, it's about cash flow and not earnings so much. As Elon stated (paraphrasing), the more factories Tesla makes, the more cash flow grows, and the more factories Tesla can build. It's this feedback that is unstoppable as I understand the financial picture.

These graphs are identical, just a different volume scale. Hmmm.
I read here that Max Pain is only updated once daily. Maybe not the Y axis anyway.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runarbt
Cool if they could make doors and quarter panels the same way for the Model 2. Piece size seems comparable. No need to debate here on mold lead-times or costs (as I am humbled by some posts on this). What I do know is Tesla Engineers always surprises me in the end and another breakthrough might be tied to the recent talk on pulling in the 2 schedule.

Tesla rewrites our future while others just try to match what was once thought impossible. (I'm Long again, can you tell.)
The point of the large castings is to reduce the need for welding multiple stampings together, i.e. reduce manufacturing complexity. A cast part doesn’t have the necessary surface finish for an outer panel, nor is it needed, as most body panels are single stampings.