Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno, I wouldn't mess with Vladimir Poison Putin
I don't see the problem.

Russia's gdp is dropping like a rock due to oil prices and demand. It's also a very energy intensive country due to the weather. It's one of the few countries that deals with space exploration. Lots of deals should be made with Russia. Tesla and SpaceX are companies designed to serve humanity. Lets not get too hung up on "ooo those people are nothing but spies wanting to take over the world".

I don't see the problem.

Russia's gdp is dropping like a rock due to oil prices and demand. It's also a very energy intensive country due to the weather. It's one of the few countries that deals with space exploration. Lots of deals should be made with Russia. Tesla and SpaceX are companies designed to serve humanity. Lets not get too hung up on "ooo those people are nothing but spies wanting to take over the world".

Russia is in the Paris Climate Accord and got hit heavily by climate change last year.

Russia is in the Paris Climate Accord and got hit heavily by climate change last year.

Yeah, but...
Climate Change Will Reshape Russia
https://www.csis.org/analysis/climate-change-will-reshape-russia
Some officials recognize the reality of climate change but contend that it is beyond Russia’s means to resolve and that Russia should therefore extract revenue from its abundant hydrocarbon resources while there is still global demand. Others believe Russia will benefit economically from warmer temperatures by way of an increase in arable land and greater use the Northern Sea Route for commercial shipping—a bet that makes dangerous assumptions about the ability of Russia to replace energy exports with agriculture and presumes as-yet-unproven sustained commercial interest in an Arctic shipping route.
Russia signed on to the agreement in 2019 in an apparent recognition of the threat, but because it used 1990 as its benchmark, a year when the country was still part of the Soviet Union and emitted nearly 2.4 billion tons of carbon, Russia can effectively increase its emissions over the next decade and still meet its 30 percent reduction target. Russia’s emissions are set to rise through the next decade, according to a Ministry of Economic Development strategy document published in March 2020.

I don't see the problem.

Being assassinated by Vladimir "The Impaler" Putin is not some tail risk you just dismiss out of hand, especially when this is Elon we're talking about here.

CE7A83F1-0CA7-40C7-A556-9AC4028E8975.jpeg

I don't see the problem.

I thought Elon had some bitterness with Russia deals since they tried to rip him off with overpriced ICBMs before he started SpaceX. Does he really want to go that way and start negotiating back? Maybe now that he is leading in technology, he might have leverage.

Expanded with Giga Shanghai
Expanding in Giga India
Negotiating with Giga Russia

TSLA catalysts will be endless

I thought Elon had some bitterness with Russia deals since they tried to rip him off with overpriced ICBMs before he started SpaceX. Does he really want to go that way and start negotiating back? Maybe now that he is leading in technology, he might have leverage.

Expanded with Giga Shanghai
Expanding in Giga India
Negotiating with Giga Russia

TSLA catalysts will be endless
SpaceX is killing Russia’s “commercial” launch industry. That revenge is complete.

Exploring additional transport options from China to Europe?

SpaceX is killing Russia’s “commercial” launch industry. That revenge is complete.

Exploring additional transport options from China to Europe?
I wonder what is Elon Musk to Vladimir Putin? Is he the most wanted man, dead or alive. Or an excellent engineer and businessman to Make Russia Great Again?

Elon's risk of getting assassinated just by talking to Putin is about as high as our president getting assassinated by talking to Putin.
Elon doesn't chew the fat with national leaders. If he's offering to talk, it means he's thinking about something he wants. Could be a factory for Tesla, could be a launch center for SpaceX, who knows. And then you're involving yourself with The Impaler and that's inherently dangerous.

Here is my view on technology and inflation...
  • Clean Energy and Transport - deflationary
  • Robo-taxis - deflationary
  • Robotics - deflationary
  • Innovation - deflationary
  • Bottom up industrial food production - deflationary
  • Likely correction in some market sectors - deflationary
  • General overhang from COVID-19 - deflationary, but may become inflationary.,
  • Climate Change - inflationary
  • Word population - slightly inflationary
  • Medicine and genetics - inflationary
  • Space travel - inflationary
  • Money printing - inflationary, if it exceeds the slow down in the circulation rate, and consumers increase spending.
  • Tech and the internet - neutral, but enables innovation.
If we take out Climate Change the vast bulk of humanity should be better off as food, energy, transport and many consumer goods should be cheaper. The big risk is climate change more than cancels out all these positives.

While medicine and space travel are likely to be inflationary, these are services likely to be consumed by a very small group of the world's population.

We can see Tesla is in a lot of deflationary columns, that translates to growing revenues and market share.

It is also very likely companies and countries are going to increasingly complete very aggressively on innovation, and in most of the categories above, there is still a lot of untapped innovation.

To avoid conflict with China it is best to complete on the grounds of innovation and trade, countries and businesses should seek to innovate and diversify their trading partners.

if I had to sum up the future in a single phrase .. it is likely to be very different to the past.

Last edited:
Elon doesn't chew the fat with national leaders. If he's offering to talk, it means he's thinking about something he wants. Could be a factory for Tesla, could be a launch center for SpaceX, who knows. And then you're involving yourself with The Impaler and that's inherently dangerous.
Elon knows how to grease the wheels when needed and knows when to be a total dick when needed. He is very soft with the Chinese leaders because he understands the implications, while telling the U.S regulatory people to go F themselves.