Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how much battery is needed to successfully rotate power?

Inrush to newly turned-on sub grids, I think, poses a risk to grid stability. A big enough battery should be able to mitigate the risk and let things roll.

As a transition to sustainable sourcing enabler, medium sized "let it roll" batteries could be a Tesla standard product.

Standard products drastically shorten the time to revenue compared to 100 day customs. 50 days to delivery. Nice reusable solutions that solve real world problems to make peoples lives better.

Once Tesla gets this turn key solution EPRI (Electric Power Research Institute) certified, money just flows and others can follow as they will have made a category.

Something like this likely already exists, but whatever it is, it does not work well enough to trust.

Tesla should define and deliver the one that does work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mechanism of short-squeeze helped in part to fuel TSLA's growth, so short sellers were a net positive for this stock.
This is wrong on so many levels. Your attempt at revisionist history for Tesla got a rough ride here, as it should. Shortzes had one goal: to kill Tesla. Some did it for short-sighted profit, others did it to protect their fossil fool interest. All of them are wrong, and deserve the same fate they tried to inflict upon Tesla.

Last edited:
If renewables are the problem, how does Abbott explain SpaceX's Boca Chica site continuing their operations? Boca Chica is loaded with solar and battery storage and they're getting along despite widespread power outages in their area?

For more on this subject, I posted;
Interested in Utility Scale Renewables ? Delve into ERCOT
It is not exactly on-topic on this forum but obviously is highly relevant to all of us. TE can and already does play a significant part of the mitigating factors in Australia, for example.
Remember for all of us winterizing and summerizing are crucial parts of the Tesla mission that we often ignore.

• Informative
Reactions: capster
For more on this subject, I posted;
Interested in Utility Scale Renewables ? Delve into ERCOT
It is not exactly on-topic on this forum but obviously is highly relevant to all of us. TE can and already does play a significant part of the mitigating factors in Australia, for example.
Remember for all of us winterizing and summerizing are crucial parts of the Tesla mission that we often ignore.

upload_2021-2-17_14-49-36.png

Moved a bunch of bitcoin posts to the dedicated thread again (not all and I admit that is arbitrary). Why can so many people not resist turning a discussion about TSLA and bitcoin into a general bitcoin discussion? Musings like 'BTC is in dire need of regulation', 'I put 1% of my networth into BTC, wish it had been 3%' or 'Go buy hydrogen gas or something that actually has a use' have no place in this thread.

Anyone know how much battery is needed to successfully rotate power?

Inrush to newly turned-on sub grids, I think, poses a risk to grid stability. A big enough battery should be able to mitigate the risk and let things roll.

As a transition to sustainable sourcing enabler, medium sized "let it roll" batteries could be a Tesla standard product.

Standard products drastically shorten the time to revenue compared to 100 day customs. 50 days to delivery. Nice reusable solutions that solve real world problems to make peoples lives better.

Once Tesla gets this turn key solution EPRI (Electric Power Research Institute) certified, money just flows and others can follow as they will have made a category.

Something like this likely already exists, but whatever it is, it does not work well enough to trust.

Tesla should define and deliver the one that does work.

We got a 2 hour rotation. It got the house to 50F and the microwave to cook some sweet potatoes, chicken noodle soup and fast cook steel cut oats. This is a 2 hours on the bike day and the bike is on the roller trainer...

The choice for the next two hours is clear.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Any guesses as to how low this goes before it turns around? Was feeling good last week that my buy at $796 was the bottom. Oh well. We’ll need something to turn the momentum around or I think we’re stuck in this downtrend for the rest of the week.

It’s just so strange that Tesla has added approximately 1 gigafactory to their balance sheet from their BTC buy, yet the stock is dropping like a rock.

It's not untrue, actually, it's just not the whole story. Like they decided to save money on the windmills by not outfitting them to be able to run in the cold.

BTW, I think El Paso is connected to the national grid, so it's still got power.
It's about 90% untrue though because the reliance on peaker NG plants is what caused the massive outage. No NG to the peaker plants = no electricity. Too bad battery storage won't come to Texas until battery storage is classified as electrical storage rather than electrical generation.

Isn't that all those $20 screwing with it?
I prefer your method of analysing the 'walls' in the puts and calls. It's a obvious short game for MMs. But them that run Whal St have already looked at the calendar, and it's Q1...

Edit: 50-day Moving Average at the Open: MA(50) 760.74

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-02-17.09-30.png

Last edited: