Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the cause for the stock diving? More to go?

Probably the huge run up of all the tech stocks over the past hella long time, especially past 10 months. I'm full on Tesla bull and haven't sold a single share in my long account but this was inevitable. It's the reason I went full cash on everything other than TSLA some weeks ago, too early to be honest. Probably more to come. True longs consider it a gift. :)

I knew I was going to waste my time trying to figure this out, but I've done the same before, and I'm going to do the same again. Would've been cool if he just tweeted that out when they removed it from the website, though o_O

But it’s not new news. He’s gone on record before about where he thinks minimum range on Tesla vehicles should be.

The problem isn’t that he didn’t repeat via tweet what he’s already expressed. The problem is that people are hard-wired to be negative, think negative, and to imagine the worse possible outcome. You have to consciously make an effort to change the survival narrative your brain instinctually spews. It takes work to reframe situations into at least neutrality, but you want to aim for positivity.

You’re aware you do it. I’ve no idea why you wouldn’t make the effort to prevent another repeat performance. Instead you simply concede you’ll do it again. :confused: Unless there’s a payoff for you that you prize above the angst you put yourself through.

But it’s not new news. He’s gone on record before about where he thinks minimum range on Tesla vehicles should be.

The problem isn’t that he didn’t repeat via tweet what he’s already expressed. The problem is that people are hard-wired to be negative, think negative, and to imagine the worse possible outcome. You have to consciously make an effort to change the survival narrative your brain instinctually spews. It takes work to reframe situations into at least neutrality, but you want to aim for positivity.

You’re aware you do it. I’ve no idea why you wouldn’t make the effort to prevent another repeat performance. Instead you simply concede you’ll do it again. :confused: Unless there’s a payoff for you that you prize above the angst you put yourself through.
So say The Buddha cat.

1st principles thinking should not be used to try to explain every thing. :) And this definitely is not one of them. (+ btw. the very use of the two examples is thinking by analogy)

I have a strategy in place, where I sold CC's at high SP, high IV and am using the monies to buy the dips.
I added that as clarification, just so peeps know that I am not using my own money in buying more.

Sure market is unpredictable, but I thought it was a good time to get in at a lower SP with lower IV. Market has moved down due to inflation and rate increases worries. At this point my thought is that it too shall pass.
(+If this trade goes against me, it will mean that all the CC's I sold went for me. -- And at some point I will be balancing my single stock portfolio accordingly)

I sold bunch of CC's when many here said not to. Now I am buying Calls when there is fear and I will follow accordingly when greed comes along. ~ cheers!!

I wasn't speaking to the wisdom of any particular trade, I was simply suggesting that each consecutive trade must be looked at in isolation in order to judge the risk. If the trades are open at the same time, that could be a different matter. But because you have freewill to place additional trades (or not) the risk is independent. I know, this is not how humans naturally think about money and risk, but it's counterproductive to do it any other way if the overriding goal is to increase your net worth.

Last edited:
When I placed my order for a Model Y SR, my intention was to take delivery around mid-march but I got a call from Tesla a few minutes ago asking me to take delivery on Friday, or have my order cancelled. (I will take it)

The "off-menu" quote from Elon is apparently intended to liquidate remaining stock, unlike the Model 3 SR that was offered "off menu" for awhile.

I'm half-joking. I watch most of the freakouts and wild speculation on Tesla and just roll my eyes. I actually enjoy trying to figure out what's going on in the short term, sometimes, and it has no effect on my investment. I never trade on it. I haven't even thought about when I might sell my shares because it's too far off.

You make it sound so difficult! :)

Definitely some skill required. We’ve got some attendees with next to no acting ability.

B646B92C-B483-4434-9729-C97745DE371A.gif