Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Demand Picks Up in Japan Following Aggressive Price Cut

Delivery times for the vehicle have expanded to 12-to-16 weeks, compared with six-to-eight weeks before the price reduction

At the same time, Tesla lacks the name recognition within Japan enjoyed by domestic automakers. A 2019 poll by Nikkei Research found only half of 1,000 adults polled knew of Tesla. That compares with 98% who said they knew of Nissan. And EV passenger cars made up only 21,000 of the 5.2 million new vehicles registered in Japan in 2019, according to Japan’s Automobile Manufacturers Association.

Small scoop for you all.

Today Tesla deployed React code to their Tesla Account - Vehicle Upgrades page that stages FSD subscription. Archive of the code here: Wayback Machine

It includes eligibility criteria (you need HW3 and Autopilot or else you're ineligible):

FSD_SUBSCRIBE_SUCCESS:"full-self-driving-subscribe-success"},L.REPLACE={SUB:"##SUBSCRIPTION##"};
var j=L.REASON={HARDWARE:"NEED_AUTOPILOT_HARDWARE_UPGRADE",AUTOPILOT:"NEED_AUTOPILOT_PURCHASE"};
L.INELIGIBLE_REASONS=[j.HARDWARE,j.AUTOPILOT]

As well as translation strings that suggest users will be able to cancel and resubscribe at any time:

"youHaveCanceledFsd":"You\'ve Canceled ##SUBSCRIPTION##",
"youNoLongerHaveFsd":"You can resubscribe to ##SUBSCRIPTION## from your Tesla Account anytime.",
"youWillHaveFsdUntil":"You will have a ##SUBSCRIPTION## until ##DATE##. You can resubscribe to Full Self-Driving from your Tesla Account anytime."

Tesla has pretty much established a pattern of artificially keep prices very high in a market where they do not have much available production to send there and then when they finally get the production capacity, they lower the price to what is always was really going to be which creates a wave of orders.

The LR 3 was priced at like 58k in Japan until that price cut and coincidentally, Tesla has more production to send out to Asia now.

Small scoop for you all.

Today Tesla deployed React code to their Tesla Account - Vehicle Upgrades page that stages FSD subscription. Archive of the code here: Wayback Machine

It includes eligibility criteria (you need HW3 and Autopilot or else you're ineligible):

As well as translation strings that suggest users will be able to cancel and resubscribe at any time:
I want to believe that the christmas update everyone is still waiting on, is delayed as the rewrite the whole UI in react

Well, just remember if you are an orthosurg, keep looking for those ACL injuries out there... maybe put some jagged boulders on the slopes and wait at basecamp with your card.
Lol... I saw 2 girls walking in the parking when I was packing my skis with the kids. There was a patch of ice covered with snow, she slipped and fell with all the weight on her wrist. She was not able to put any pressure on it at all. I gave her an appointment for my next clinic, lol. It wasn’t deformed at all, if it’s a fracture it’s an undisplaced one and we will see on the XRay if it requires casting but probably not surgery. Gonna check that scaphoid too. Even on vacation, I work.

I just heard some pretty big news.
Looks like sometime in Q2 Claptronics is coming out with the new FlabAttak 6™️ w/ Opto-Thumpers. Word has is this bad boy delivers a PUNISHING 1500 s/pm over a broad radius of 10” on a shorties soon to be black and blue bottom. They use a type of vegan faux beaver paw to simulate the real thing. This will allow us to spank competitively well into 2022. I hear that none other than famed Toilet Boy himself will be at the product launch and will be demoing the first model of an breakthrough product series by Claptronics.

Stay tuned next Quarter for new and exciting details.

I just heard some pretty big news.
Looks like sometime in Q2 Claptronics is coming out with the new FlabAttak 6™️ w/ Opto-Thumpers. Word has is this bad boy delivers a PUNISHING 1500 s/pm over a broad radius of 10” on a shorties soon to be black and blue bottom. They use a type of vegan faux beaver paw to simulate the real thing. This will allow us to spank competitively well into 2022. I hear that none other than famed Toilet Boy himself will be at the product launch and will be demoing the first model of an breakthrough product series by Claptronics.

Stay tuned next Quarter for new and exciting details.
Let me get this right, you're saying that ToiletBoi will end up with the clap?

... and, any of his closer associates might get the clap from him?

Just a quick reminder for anyone who gets a margin call this week... don't panic! You can buy cheap (soon to be worthless) puts for literally $1 per contract to increase your available margin and satisfy a margin call. For example, you can buy Mar 5 '21 $200 strike puts for $1 to get you through the week. Repeat next week with Mar 12 puts if necessary.

I will probably have to do this if we have another down day tomorrow. Hopefully we have hit bottom so I won't have to.

After-action Report: Wed, Mar 03, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Starts the Day Up; Macro-Multiple drags it Dn"

Pre-Market:

Consolidated Last Sale: $687.94 +1.50 (+0.22%)
Pre-Market Volume: 713,230
Pre-Market High: $702.50
Pre-Market Low: $681.00​

Main Session:

Traded: $19,892,897,404.29 ($19.89B)
Volume: 29,422,488
VWAP: $676.11

Close: $653.20 / VWAP: 96.61%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $720 (-$10 from Tue)​

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 1.592327% (Mar 02)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / FB $626.977B / $727.323B = 86.20%
NB: Yahoo has updated Mkt Cap re 10-K shares (Feb 10, 2021)

CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including 10-K (Feb 01) shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $721.73B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $565.87B

Mkt Cap for 10th tranche ($550B) likely achieved Tue, Feb 23, 2021
Mkt Cap for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021
Mkt Cap for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link).
'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 44.4% (44th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 43.6% (47th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 0.91% of Short Volume (49th Percentile Rank Exempt)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2021-03-03.png

Comment: "Buy'n'hold is playing the long game for the Win" :p

QOTD: @capster "Patience is a superpower"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Just a quick reminder for anyone who gets a margin call this week... don't panic! You can buy cheap (soon to be worthless) puts for literally $1 per contract to increase your available margin and satisfy a margin call. For example, you can buy Mar 5 '21 $200 strike puts for $1 to get you through the week. Repeat next week with Mar 12 puts if necessary.

I will probably have to do this if we have another down day tomorrow. Hopefully we have hit bottom so I won't have to.

I swore off margin after the big drop in 2019, but I'm curious, are there any drawbacks to increasing your available margin that way? It seems too good to be true. Thanks!

Reactions: cjkosh and UncaNed
Tesla has pretty much established a pattern of artificially keep prices very high in a market where they do not have much available production to send there and then when they finally get the production capacity, they lower the price to what is always was really going to be which creates a wave of orders.

The LR 3 was priced at like 58k in Japan until that price cut and coincidentally, Tesla has more production to send out to Asia now.

I read a few weeks ago that Tesla was able to lower prices in Japan because they are now sending over MIC Model 3 instead of cars built in Fremont. Lower production costs, lower transport costs.

After the last couple of weeks of down action, I just have to remember how the competition is shaping up:

Apparently, the VW ID4 offers a pretty awful road trip experience compared to Tesla.

(Spoilers: The ID4 doesn't have in-car navigation to Electrify America, will recommend 10 hour charging stops for road trips, requires manually identifying your charging station on a smartphone app in order to charge, has no frunk, and all-around just doesn't seem like suitable competition for a Tesla).

Gives me confidence that 2021 delivery numbers will be excellent :)