Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man we are gonna do this aren’t we?
I have an idea of like all these guys in suits talking loudly on 1980s gigantic cell phones and then an attractive sophisticated woman walks by talking with someone on her iPhone about then says hold on one second and then opens her app and summons her car in front of all the guys on their phones. And then just keeps talking to her friend and gets in the back seat and has it drive off. And scene!

I have an idea of like all these guys in suits talking loudly on 1980s gigantic cell phones and then an attractive sophisticated woman walks by talking with someone on her iPhone about then says hold on one second and then opens her app and summons her car in front of all the guys on their phones. And then just keeps talking to her friend and gets in the back seat and has it drive off. And scene!
Maybe you can overhear the various guys talking and bragging about their new Audi or Ford or whatever

Want to share my analogy for Tesla vs Waymo self driving tech for those that doubt who is going to solve it. Apologies if someone already thought if it.

Waymo is a couple of highschool drivers ed teachers in a single district teaching a class to drive in a specialized training car with the pedals in the passenger seat in the school's parking lot with cones laid out.

Tesla is every student driver in America going out on the streets with a parent ... with a gopro recording the drive. After, the teen uploads the video to youtube and every student driver is required to study every single video. Repeat.

• Funny
Reactions: wnorris and wipster
CNBC is sometimes going borderline libelous in their constant TSLA smear campaign:

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk sued for tweeting in violation of SEC deal … presumably the suit would be from the SEC but we're waiting for confirmation on this."

Yeah, right.... we'll let this simmer a bit before getting back to you after the break (or not).

Tesla CEO Elon Musk sued for tweeting in violation of SEC deal: Report

Indeed, when I worked in TV financial news, we weren't quick with "breaking news" assumptions when something basic to the story had not yet been unearthed. We quickly went to work to get the relevant information for our viewers.

The suing "investor" who apparently does not care about his own effect on the share price, is almost certainly a pawn of an "ambulance chasing" law firm.

1615578972406.png

Last edited:
I think that is a misunderstanding by those fans, I think they want to start casting production for Model Y this month in Austin, but the rest of the production is in Fremont.
It's most likely as easy as that they are trying to set up one machine early to see how long it takes to build and calibrate it. Seems like they've been at it a month or so now and have at least five more machines to go so never to late to get started.

The rest of the factory still has so long to go that it's irrelevant if they can make castings in any real numbers anytime soon. I guess they could send some early production to Fremont but that would have to mean that castings is a bottleneck there.

The still have around three months of steel work just to complete the basic building structure and really haven't done any work on that the last couple of weeks. No steel on site even so that's clearly intentional.

While they are working at great speed both in Austin and Berlin I haven't really seen anything in the last couple of months, and I watch a lot of those videos, that indicates they will be ready earlier than the initial timelines. For Austin that is limited test runs of complete cars in late Q3 and customer deliveries in the single digit thousands in Q4.

The still have around three months of steel work just to complete the basic building structure and really haven't done any work on that the last couple of weeks. No steel on site even so that's clearly intentional.

I don't think there is anywhere near 3 months of steel work left. (It might be three months before they are done because of using the spaces for other things, like storage, but it isn't three months worth of work.) And what do you mean they haven't done any work in the last couple of weeks? They have been filling in the gap between that last section that was separate from the main portion. And no steel on site? Really? What is all of this?

Steel 3-12-21.png

And you can see they are still working on erecting the steel in that area.

It’s Friday, which implies a weekly options expiration day. Next week brings the monthly (in fact quarterly Triple Witching Day) expiration which usually inspires more interest. TSLA trading volume is light today, making manipulation less costly.

Right now, it appears that the $700 strike for options expiring today, would be the most profitable target for big option writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers) with the ability to manipulate the share price. If they prefer to wipe out the more involved call option owners, then they may target a lower strike price.

Agreed. I do this type of law for a living. This story is today's "joke of the day" inside our office.

Indeed, every day innumerable companies and executives are sued by ambulance chasing law firms. These suits appear in the newsfeeds for individual stocks, but rarely appear in the headlines for wider financial news. The exceptions are Tesla and Musk due their abilities to draw clicks.

I am extremely happy with today's stock performance. QQQ did not break down even on the backs of strong bond yield. This to me is bullish going forward as investors are finally decoupling the volatility of bond yields from tech. This has to happen one day or else Tsla will be worth zero by the time Bond hits 3.5%. I'm glad this day was today, at least signaling investors that it begins today.

I am extremely happy with today's stock performance. QQQ did not break down even on the backs of strong bond yield. This to me is bullish going forward as investors are finally decoupling the volatility of bond yields from tech. This has to happen one day or else Tsla will be worth zero by the time Bond hits 3.5%. I'm glad this day was today, at least signaling investors that it begins today.

Me too. Need to decouple from the silly yield and inflation narrative.