Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow about 1X the macros.......on day when FUD got desperate while also lucking out (the Fremont fire). Seems pretty damn bullish to me.

Part of me thinks we'll be capped next week since it's the big options week. Other part of me thinks we could see some major fireworks. Either way it'll be interesting
When I think I got into this stock mostly/partly for the entertainment value, it amazes me how much money I've made, and I'm still tremendously entertained.

Tesmanian - today: Tesla Insurance - Illinois

Excerpt:

Tesla Insurance Services Inc. laid the foundation to begin providing insurance coverage to Tesla owners in Illinois in accordance with a series of rate, rule, and form filings obtained by S&P Global Market Intelligence, through policies to be underwritten by Midvale Indemnity Co., a subsidiary of American Family Mutual Insurance Co.S.I.

I don't think there is anywhere near 3 months of steel work left. (It might be three months before they are done because of using the spaces for other things, like storage, but it isn't three months worth of work.) And what do you mean they haven't done any work in the last couple of weeks? They have been filling in the gap between that last section that was separate from the main portion. And no steel on site? Really? What is all of this?

View attachment 643907

And you can see they are still working on erecting the steel in that area.

The Death Star Giga factory is already operational.

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Giga factory!"

Wow about 1X the macros.......on day when FUD got desperate while also lucking out (the Fremont fire). Seems pretty damn bullish to me.

Part of me thinks we'll be capped next week since it's the big options week. Other part of me thinks we could see some major fireworks. Either way it'll be interesting
It might pop early in the week and then be pushed down later in the week to stay below 700.

But that might work out if The Button rolls out next weekend, then the following week will possibly be wild.

New S spotted in Fremont with regular steering wheel.

Attachments

• D10DC574-F76C-4488-AAA6-6BAF56358C02.png
    D10DC574-F76C-4488-AAA6-6BAF56358C02.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
I don't think there is anywhere near 3 months of steel work left. (It might be three months before they are done because of using the spaces for other things, like storage, but it isn't three months worth of work.)

While I agree that there is less than 3 months of steel work left, but one thing that is strange is that none of the steel structure has walls yet and the materials for the walls are not on site. At the equivalent stage both Shanghai and Berlin had walls up on at least part of the body-in-while, paint shop and general assembly.

The whole south-west side is moving very slowly. Presumably it is not on the critical path. The central roadway is a puzzlement, no footings and perhaps no geopier work either, but no wall foundations either and there is no parapet on the west side of the eastern building, The far southern end (where the wall segments for stamping have been kept) may not have had geopier work (there may have been some but less than the rest of the site) and has no footings. There are also the footings along the roadway, they seem to have been fiddling with them for months.

• Informative
Reactions: CorneliusXX
Indeed, when I worked in TV financial news, we weren't quick with "breaking news" assumptions when something basic to the story had not yet been unearthed. We quickly went to work to get the relevant information for our viewers.

The suing "investor" who apparently does not care about his own effect on the share price, is almost certainly a pawn of an "ambulance chasing" law firm.

I have fond memories of those days! And when newspapers used proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. If they misspelled something once a year it was a shameful event.

I would say the suing investor is most likely a puppet for a short-seller or other anti-Tesla interest. But ambulance chasing is a possibility, I just don't think it's likely to be profitable so it could only be one stupid law firm, desperate for a case regardless of the quality. That's why I'm leaning towards the puppet theory.

While I agree that there is less than 3 months of steel work left, but one thing that is strange is that none of the steel structure has walls yet and the materials for the walls are not on site. At the equivalent stage both Shanghai and Berlin had walls up on at least part of the body-in-while, paint shop and general assembly.

The whole south-west side is moving very slowly. Presumably it is not on the critical path. The central roadway is a puzzlement, no footings and perhaps no geopier work either, but no wall foundations either and there is no parapet on the west side of the eastern building, The far southern end (where the wall segments for stamping have been kept) may not have had geopier work (there may have been some but less than the rest of the site) and has no footings. There are also the footings along the roadway, they seem to have been fiddling with them for months.
Could the walls be tilt up?

• Informative
Reactions: kanweg
Could the walls be tilt up?

No, tilt-up wall construction is different. You pour the main pad, then you pour the walls on top of the main pad and tip them up. There is no space for that to happen now. it will probably just be panels attached to the outside. Similar to what they are doing at the Nikola Motors factory in AZ right now. You can see that in this video:

All of the TSLA drop occurred in the early pre-market, when TSLA was down approx. 2.65x vs. macros:

TSLA.2021-03-12.09-30.png

During today's main session (when people trade other than certain priviledged market participants), TSLA far out-performed macros (both the NASDAQ-100 and the S&P 500):

TSLA.chart.2021-03-12.16-00.png

Wouldn't surprise me if today's volume on 10-yr Treasury Bonds was as low as Gordo's I.Q. (yes, it's a scam. yes, it's rigged). :p

Cheers!

All of the TSLA drop occurred in the early pre-market, when TSLA was down approx. 2.65x vs. macros:

View attachment 643939

During today's main session (when people trade other than certain priviledged market participants), TSLA far out-performed macros (both the NASDAQ-100 and the S&P 500):

View attachment 643937

Wouldn't surprise me if today's volume on 10-yr Treasury Bonds was as low as Gordo's I.Q. (yes, it's a scam. yes, it's rigged). :p

Cheers!
Hi, I know nothing about "macros" that you refer to many times. Can you educate a little bit? Thanks

Reactions: Johan
I don't think there is anywhere near 3 months of steel work left. (It might be three months before they are done because of using the spaces for other things, like storage, but it isn't three months worth of work.) And what do you mean they haven't done any work in the last couple of weeks? They have been filling in the gap between that last section that was separate from the main portion. And no steel on site? Really? What is all of this?

View attachment 643907

And you can see they are still working on erecting the steel in that area.
I was wondering if they have enough of the factory built for a lean start to low volume production of the Model Y - Stamping, BIW, Casting, Paint and a large enough portion of GA are basically done with the steelwork and flooring. Could they be aiming for early production in the current footprint with the rest of the factory being built out over time to scale Model Y and Cybertruck.

Construction for Batteries, seats, etc. could be built over time in parallel with low volume production of Model Y where they truck in the parts not able to be locally produced.

The lack walls do make this potential less likely - perhaps they have a new process where walls can be bolted on at the last minute once all the robots/machinery have been side loaded into the factory?

Reactions: MikeC and MP3Mike