Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sued by an investor. Anyone can buy one share of Tesla and sue. Could be Exxon or Bill Gates! Who knows.

Attachments

• 41B2783C-2621-455D-8469-80F78734C909.jpeg
    41B2783C-2621-455D-8469-80F78734C909.jpeg
    602.2 KB · Views: 62
"Musk, Tesla Board Sued Over Tweeting in Violation of SEC Deal" - Source (Bloomberg)

As a securities attorney I wish him/her luck...(not really).
Just to be clear:

It's not the SEC: A Tesla Inc. investor sued CEO Elon Musk and its board in Delaware, claiming Musk has exposed the company to billions in potential liability and market losses by continuing to send “erratic” tweets: BBG
ho-hum.

We get that you hate the EU government in general. Compared to the US politicians I would take most EU politicians in almost any case though.

You are greatly overestimating what can and can not be dictated on an EU level.

Most things are like that yoke steering wheel. Ok in one country and it's ok in all countries.

Germany can tax or give rebates in Germany based on whatever rule they can come up with. That will not matter in the other countries.

To avoid exactly this is why Elon went with Germany as the first location.
Politicians arguably vary more in form than in substance at the top levels ( After Donald Trump’s America First, Angela Merkel’s Germany First - Subscribe to read | Financial Times) else they don’t remain at the top for long.

There has always been a great deal of national level politicking around auto and energy. That will be exacerbated by the energy transformation.

Elon and Tesla have shown real awareness and savvy in this area. For example, by retaining sole ownership in China.

I‘m not that worried about governments outright gunning for Tesla per se. Though, as I’ve said, I don’t expect them to sit idly by while their automakers are run out of business and their economies cratered either.

Elon and Tesla will continue to need to be savvy. They might wind up sharing FSD technology with VW for example.

@buttershrimp , @Tyler34 , I'd gladly contribute to production of great ads viral videos and other marketing efforts for Youtube and such and I'm certainly not in Ron Baron's league. Imagine what just .0001% of our collective investment winnings would support.
All we need is something amazing enough for Elon to retweet

Reactions: Carl Raymond
Look at the Facts, Ford Mustang is a broken growth story, according to this article, Mustang sales in US peaked in 2000 with 173K units, it was 122K in 2015 and only 72K in 2019. So the question is, can they sell enough Mach-E to counter their losses in ICE mustang sales ? The answer appears NO!
Based on this article their January sales are down ~20% from 2019 to 2021 (no data for 2020). And if you look at Europe or China the Mach-E is a complete failure with not a single unit sold the whole year! They are also losing money on every unit if you do not count the regulatory credit sales, which are just a one-time item anyway.

-- Am I doing this right, Gordo ?
As long as you get real excited and look like your about to pop a blood vessel then it's perfect.

Just to be clear:

It's not the SEC: A Tesla Inc. investor sued CEO Elon Musk and its board in Delaware, claiming Musk has exposed the company to billions in potential liability and market losses by continuing to send “erratic” tweets: BBG
ho-hum.
Is the name of the Investor "Jordon Gohnson" by any chance? ;)

@buttershrimp , @Tyler34 , I'd gladly contribute to production of great ads viral videos and other marketing efforts for Youtube and such and I'm certainly not in Ron Baron's league. Imagine what just .0001% of our collective investment winnings would support.
Why not go the next step - get a core group of experts together and create a couple of TMC funds - tax exempt/ taxable, membership initially restricted to TMC or approved members, limits on amount invested/ number of redemptions per period, maybe depending on funders, mostly to avoid being manipulated by special interests-.

Some current or past TMC members may already be into this in some form. Would save me the time/ trouble of fully following all TSLA related things.
Part of that invested fund could be used for a few anti FUD ads, which if that TMC fund goes well should also help that fund as it opens to the public.

Reactions: LYTRIDR