Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has become testosterone fight: SEC will release the reply Friday morning taking some out of the wind of model Y reveal.....count on it.
How many times will a response be required? The SEC already provided the judge with their info, the judge asked for the other side of the story. Will the judge really require the other other side of the story?

Reading the brief brought this classic to mind:

59CC0F3E-7BCB-41FF-AC2A-0BD670F9BA25.jpeg

Ouch! Ow!

"The SEC’s only other argument that Musk lacked diligence in complying with the Order is that he did not seek pre-approval for other tweets he has posted regarding Tesla.

"Tellingly, the SEC does not identify a single other tweet from Musk since the Policy was promulgated that it believes contained or reasonably could contain material information, and for which pre-approval thus could have been required."​

Feel the Burn!

I'd not be so certain. Who knows what the judge considers important.
Are you kidding?! Her Law Professors? The bloody Constitution? You Americans amaze me, how your Freedoms are for sale to the loudest squarkers, and how you tolerate the worst abuses from those above you.

If I was Elon and the Judge ruled for the SEC, I'd leave the country, and faak y'all. Other countries actually WANT a clean, green future. The USA barely deserves one because of *sugar* like this.

Are you kidding?! Her Law Professors? The bloody Constitution? You Americans amaze me, how your Freedoms are for sale to the loudest squarkers, and how you tolerate the worst abuses from those above you.

If I was Elon and the Judge ruled for the SEC, I'd leave the country, and faak y'all. Other countries actually WANT a clean, green future. The USA barely deserves one because of *sugar* like this.
This is scandalous.

US is the bestest country in the world, don't you know ?

This is scandalous.

US is the bestest country in the world, don't you know ?

Actually, I do know that. Half my family still lives there, after my Grandparents immigrated through Ellis Island in the 1900s. I also served as exchange Officer with the US Army for 2 yrs during my military service, and I know in detail the highs and lows of your vast land.

It just browns my cheese when people in authority abuse it. Blood was spilled to secure those rights, and I for one do not plan to give them up lightly, or without a bloody fight.

P.S. I spent New Year's Eve 1976 at the home of my Uncle Jack from Missouri on the way to Bi-Centennial celebrations in Anaheim. Now Jack was born in Independence, MO in 1880, and he knew his rights gol'dernit. Which he explained loudly (at 95 yrs old) to the City Police who came to the door to tell him he could no long shoot cats in his front yard for peeing in his petunias. Jack was humane though, he only used an air rifle to scare 'em off. Nice flower garden, too. I enjoyed meeting Uncle Jack.

Last edited:

Regardless of the legal system involved, it always comes down to one or more humans making a choice. And no matter how open and shut that choice seems to be, it could always go in a direction you didn’t foresee.

I've been entertaining a scenario where Elon is forced underground. Bores his way under international waters where he builds a secret lair. Supervillain Elon would still build rockets (which likely exit / re-enter volcanoes to stay under the radar and just be totally badass) as he builds a mars colony. He'd still sell us badass vehicles of course... it is my imagination after all and I'm still going to need a good suv.

As confirmed by the declaration of Dr. Christopher Noe, the 7:15 tweet did not cause any notable move in Tesla’s stock price in the after-hours market and was plainly not material to shareholders. Declaration of Christopher F. Noe, PhD (“Noe Decl.”) ¶ 21 (noting a .09% movement in the stock price in after-hours trading). By contrast, the SEC’s filing a motion seeking to hold Musk in contempt caused a 3.4% decline in Tesla’s stock price during after-hours trading. Id. ¶¶ 21, 30.

Might be a re-post, but I absolutely loved this excerpt.