Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it wasn't. In fact, Tesla's UI has that functionality, where the car is inlaid on the map and you see in realtime which way you need to turn, regardless of N,S,E,W orientation; I find it's probably the most intuitive way of using a car's navigation system through a complicated network of roads and highways.

The VW map was simply a mirror image of how we're used to seeing maps here in the states.

Err... that's a setting.

You tap the compass button on the map to toggle between what you describe (which is basically "car direction is always up") or the alternative of "north is always" up for whatever view you prefer.

Every nav I've had across brands- even standalone Garmins- lets you switch between those and I'd be very surprised if the VW does not let you do the same with a button or setting.

Question: How do you think that compares to the overwhelming positive reputation of Jim Farley amongst GenX and Millenials?

Answer: Jim WHO? :oops:

That's the CEO of Callahan Auto right?

callahan_meme__87726.1489172089.1280.1280.jpg

This is about what I would expect. Not very "overwhelmingly positive."

View attachment 659670

View attachment 659671

View attachment 659672
With a potential strong bias from me, such kind of polls could be easily massaged to any direction you want, either intentionally or unconsciously. See here: opinion polls.

Another pitfall and more likely: the incompetence of poll practitioners. In the dawn of 2016 election, NYT "reported" a research result that after millions of Monte Carlo iterations, Hillary Clinton has a >99.999% chance to win, or maybe a few more 9s, just like Elon talking about FSD?

Last edited:
Bloomberg: Nissan Follows Renault in selling $1.4B Daimler stake

"Nissan Motor Co. sold its entire stake in Daimler AG for 1.15 billion euros ($1.4 billion), joining its partner Renault SA in generating funds for turnaround efforts.
Nissan said the proceeds from the Daimler stake sale will be used to 'further strengthen and enhance its business competitiveness, including investments to promote electrification.'"
If they were smart they would just put that money into TSLA and shut down operations. ;)

Err... that's a setting.

You tap the compass button on the map to toggle between what you describe (which is basically "car direction is always up") or the alternative of "north is always" up for whatever view you prefer.

Every nav I've had across brands- even standalone Garmins- lets you switch between those and I'd be very surprised if the VW does not let you do the same with a button or setting.
But can you choose to have a mirror image of the map? I can't find it on my car, and even if I could I wouldn't use it because I'm not used to seeing maps this way.

I'm not trying to argue, all I'm saying is I think VW should've oriented the map for the American market in the way Americans are used to viewing maps, nothing more. I feel as if it's safer and more intuitive, not that one way is more superior or anything, I'm sure I could get used to anything with a bit of time.

I won't post about maps further.

it was oriented such that East was on the right, and West was on the left, which is opposite to how we look at maps in the U.S. Not a big deal I suppose, probably easy to get used to, but VW could've made map orientation more intuitive for the U.S. market.
Silly me (I still don't know *sugar*), but this sounds correct - West is on the left.
That's how paper maps were too - here anyway (N. Hemisphere)
Are you from the south? Is North on bottom of your maps?
If so, the ID4 seems misplaced on planet earth? Or wrong planet?

Last edited:
Check out TD Amer this AM. Sharp spike down in prehours, then it froze here for about 1/2 hr.
According to the latest chart, we never hit that low. Strange trading there...

View attachment 659716
This has been off all morning and they still think it's pre-trading hours.
Is it a new strategy to induce stress and get me to sell. HELL NO!
50 shares is all they get, maybe today, on loan...

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal

In Q1 2021, Tesla sold 184,500 vehicles, which once again made it the best-selling EV brand globally. By registering this number of units, Tesla took 16% of the plug-in car market share. It should be noted that in the first three months of the year, the company did not sell Model S and Model X, which affected the final results. However, that didn't stop Tesla from taking first place, beating its closest competitor by 39,500 additional units sold, according to EV-Sales.