Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, the US and China regulatory credits market is still on and VW will gobble up all remaining unsold credits.

Stellantis pooled quite some small cars together to earn the super credits.
Who spots the EVs?

View attachment 659694

Anyway, they will be back in 2022 when the stricter rules apply with force.
Its also not like they just go from Q1 number to nothing in Q2. It will certainly be a ramp down as Tesla revenue and profits continue to ramp up. Also expenses related to new factories go down. Of course with Tesla having such good cash flow and reserves we may get new factory announcements or new factory expansions that bring new expenses. Still not nearly enough to hurt the profitability.

OT: is anyone else having issues typing responses in this forum - sometimes the text response is incredibly laggy. Is it a local issue for me, or a gnarl problem??

Considering it took you more than 15 minutes yesterday to make a trade, I think this seems like a local issue.

I'm suggesting, in true TMC fashion: an annual colonoscopy.

This is just a straight up lie. Untruth.

There is a CCS charging network.

You can call it inferior. You can call it many things.

But it exist.
Yes, to be fair, it does exist, but it's more expensive, more complicated, and not as reliable as Tesla's. My brother has a 2016 eGolf, has used other charging networks (including EA) and only has bad things to say about them (more like horror stories). He really wants a Tesla but can't afford one (plus, he loves his eGolf and it suits his needs 98% of the time).

Could I get across America on the EA network? Probably, with enough time and patience. And if EA was the only charging network I'd gladly suffer through it if that meant cleaner air. But EA isn't the only player--Tesla has set the standard for the road trip experience, ICE or otherwise IMO, and there is no going back for me.

Plus, Tesla got us on the path towards sustainable energy/transportation--so yeah, I'm particularly loyal to Tesla for that reason alone. Old Auto had their chance and blew it, every one of them.

Regarding the dreaded emissions credit issue: does anybody have any insight into the future of this from a policy POV? We all know the obsession with 'but that will go away when the big companies make EVs', but isnt there another contrary issue here:

Green parties are doing well in the EU. The Germany green party especially. (I think an election comes soon). How long until the emissions demands (and thus fines) get ramped up? The climate COP21 conference is in Europe (Glasgow!) in November. I suspect the EU is going to be considering ramping up the pressure on EU emissions from cars.

German elections: Sunday 26 September
COP21: November

German election polling for 2021:
Grüne party is joint largest in the latest poll.

TL:DR: Emissions trading revenue may increase or hold steady for TSLA even as ICE makers think (hope) they are coming to the end of them.

It's was actually from your post about how the factory being quiet, so some people on Facebook tesla investor group took a drone out yesterday and noticed no car carriers at the delivery lot and a pretty empty lot compared to other times.
Because my Tuesday flyover showing cars in the delivery lot was not enough for them?

I hope they don't crash a drone there and pull me into an FAA investigation also...

Haha, yes sorry--I can't even write it backwards, let alone understand a map backwards. I meant to write East was on the left of the map, West was on the right.
Maybe the map always points in the direction the car is moving? That way if your driving north, east would be on the right side of the map and if your driving south, then it would be on the left side.

Last edited:
Maybe the map always points in the direction the car is moving? That way if your driving north, east would be on the right side of the map. if your driving south, then it would be on the left side.
But it wasn't. In fact, Tesla's UI has that functionality, where the car is inlaid on the map and you see in realtime which way you need to turn, regardless of N,S,E,W orientation; I find it's probably the most intuitive way of using a car's navigation system through a complicated network of roads and highways.

The VW map was simply a mirror image of how we're used to seeing maps here in the states.