Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As did I. I would guess many people that have a background in software development expect this to be a very difficult problem. I'm on my second Tesla and have not purchased FSD. I will take a wait and see approach. Once it is live, I will still be skeptical of trusting it. I'm excited about Tesla's approach to the problem and believe they will solve it first, but it could be soon or 5 more years.
A fruit fly has only order of 10^5 total neurons with order 10^7 connections yet they have solved the "full self flying" problem including navigation, obstacle avoidance, refueling, managing air currents, predation escape, mating and more.

FSD isn't a traditional "software problem" - we don't generally understand how neural nets solve the problem nor do we necessarily need to understand how. It may be that we need further advancements in network topologies/functions and learning methods before we can more closely approach the capabilities of biological neural networks. Techniques have been rapidly advancing in these areas so we will likely get there in some multiple of two weeks.

Comparing TSLA stock price movement, I see a similarity so far between Q1 P&D event and Q2.

For Q1:
$TSLA range bound from $591 to $640 between 3/25 and 3/30,
then rose daily to peak at $708 on 4/5, the first trading day after Q1 P&D.

For Q2:
Range bound from $593 to $631 between 6/8 and 6/22,
rising to peak at $700 yesterday when Q2 P&D was announced.

What happened after the P&D numbers were announced . . .

For Q1, TSLA fell on the P&D 4/5 Monday and for the week even when the financial webcast date was announced at 4:30AM on Friday 4/9. Then $TSLA jumped $100 the following next 3 sessions from the $677 close on Friday 4/9 to a peak of $780 on Wednesday 4/14.

Even though Q2 P&D announced yesterday had $TSLA rising from Thursdays close of $677.92 to a peak $700 but closed flat at $678 possibly due to option expiry Friday.

I wonder for next week if we will see a similar flat/ slight down pattern to keep below $700.

If we are flat next week, and the Q2 earning's webcast date is announced next week some time, I am looking for a possible $100 jump the week after.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 2.03.56 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 2.03.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 2.03.56 PM.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 51
Comparing TSLA stock price movement, I see a similarity so far between Q1 P&D event and Q2.

For Q1:

For Q2:

For Q1, TSLA fell on the P&D 4/5 Monday and for the week even when the financial webcast date was announced at 4:30AM on Friday 4/9. Then $TSLA jumped $100 the following next 3 sessions from the $677 close on Friday 4/9 to a peak of $780 on Wednesday 4/14.

Even though Q2 P&D announced yesterday had $TSLA rising from Thursdays close of $677.92 to a peak $700 but closed flat at $678 possibly due to option expiry Friday.

I wonder for next week if we will see a similar flat/ slight down pattern to keep below $700.

If we are flat next week, and the Q2 earning's webcast date is announced next week some time, I am looking for a possible $100 jump the week after.

View attachment 681117
When it comes to TA, I believe computer algros is looking for the 20ma to cross the 50ma for the bull signal. 200ma and 50ma is also pretty close. There's a gap to close in the 650s which Tsla willl probably visit before going higher. This is definitely edge of your seat suspense in which depending which two lines intersect determines Tsla's fate in the short term.

For Q1:

For Q2:

View attachment 681117
Another data point to consider is the Q1 2020 cycle, where the SP was suppressed below 100 (post split price) after release of the P&D report (before market open on Friday April 3 2020). The following week, the SP shot up over 20 percent and started the 2020 run up. Next week is critical.

This being an investment forum, I think a warning is appropriate for those that intend to buy TSLA shares in 2010-2012 (not a typo)

Will Audi put Tesla out of business?

So..... what are the numbers if it is so easy to do?
Do you have a database of accidents/fires based on driver demographic, type of auto (luxury sedans) and average age of vehicle (2-3yrs)???
Please inform us
I don’t have any numbers as I’m not making any claims and the accident database I used to maintain with Lotus123 in my parent’s basement is a little out of date.

All I’m saying is that it is relatively easy to normalize the statistics for the concerns you mentioned.

This being an investment forum, I think a warning is appropriate for those that intend to buy TSLA shares in 2010-2012 (not a typo)

Thanks for that.

The comments in particular are awesome. A taste:

• L'avventura
    June 30th, 2010 at 11:14 pm
    I think its been very clear from the beginning that Tesla won’t have EV exclusivity.
    Every carmaker is putting an EV in their lineup, not just Audi. The bigger question is; ‘how big is the EV market to begin with’? As it stands, given the capacity and breadth of investments, Nissan and GM seem to be the most invested in EV then any other car maker.
    All this Audi talk is cheap without the money, factory, and supply chain to back it up. Neither the Tesla Roadster nor the poorly named Audi E-tron/étron is going to make any substantial money. Low-volume sports car don’t make money, and basing the success or failure of Tesla on that is an error. The real judgment on Tesla is how profitably they can get the Tesla Model S onto the market.
    Tesla’s main lifeline rests with what Toyota can provide them. If they can provide them with a joint-EV platform that can achieve economies of scale and the tooling and technology to bring a cost effective Model S to market, then they have a fighting chance. But as it currently stands Toyota seem more interested in getting rid of NUMMi then a comprehensive EV strategy.
    LOGIN TO REPLY
    porschespeed
    June 30th, 2010 at 11:42 pm
    There’s a tiny, nano-scale part of me that believed for a pico-second that Tesla had a snowball’s chance in a Phoenix July’s CircleK parking lot.
    Then I analyzed the data, and, more importantly, analyzed the data.
    Tesla makes a DeLorean look like a Chevy Cavalier.
    The management is a joke – Musk? really? The product is neither game-changing, nor even novel. Let alone scalable and sellable at a profitable price point.
    Dreams are great. I’m rather sure we all have them.
    Personally, I’ve got 50:1 that says Pax Mideast is more likely in the next 5 years than Tesla profitability. Or even existence.

What an amazing trip down memory lane. The comment section is priceless. I wonder how many have changed their opinions versus become entrenched in $TSLAQ?

I'm impressed this site is not only still up but active today. I wonder if old Ed "Tesla Death Watch" Niedermeyer is still around and what he does now.

When it comes to TA, I believe computer algros is looking for the 20ma to cross the 50ma for the bull signal. 200ma and 50ma is also pretty close. There's a gap to close in the 650s which Tsla willl probably visit before going higher. This is definitely edge of your seat suspense in which depending which two lines intersect determines Tsla's fate in the short term.
Do you mean like yesterday?
0D657E70-0675-4D44-B97E-2FAA35829F8E.jpeg