Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some gain of salt rumors to have fun with.

-Giga Berlin production starts in December
-Tesla's Tilburg factory is being repurposed for Tesla Energy
-in talks with other automakers making supercharger network universal
-dealing with lawsuits from employees jumping ship from other automakers to Berlin Giga
-Texas may send 4680s to Berlin initially for Model Y ramp
-Texas is ahead of Berlin

If true, this is an embarrassment and black eye for Germany. The Texas Gigafactory started much later and Texas is a larger Gigafactory than the Berlin one.

Though it makes sense since Tesla is now shipping Model Y's from China to Europe.

He's still going to get charged for the month though......not sure why he's surprised by this because in the language it says that if you cancel they won't prorate it, but you have it until the end of that monthly billing cycle
Yup it's kind of vague. Most likely means even though you cancelled, it's still active till X date because you paid for the month.

Brooks from DragTimes has taken delivery of his new multi-coat red Plaid Model S. In this video, he demonstrates a 1.99s 0-60 mph run recorded via Dragy: (on the street, no prep, 1-ft rollout)

This man owns a McLaren 760, a Ford GT, and is awaiting a Ferrari F-90. He says that none of them, no street car, will beat the Plaid Tesla in a drag race. :cool:

Cheers!

I have gotten used to a stock price run-up just before ER [buy the rumor] for the usual record breaking quarterly results (which the current P/D report confirmed again this time) followed by a "sell-the-news" dip right after the ER date. However, this time there is no buying-the-rumor so far with only 1 week left. What does that mean ? Are we going to get a last-minute rapid rise this last week or the market decided to ignore TSLA and we no longer get those price-waves ?

I think people in areas susceptible to structural change like to use the word "crash", even though the doom they see on the horizon is isolated to their specific industry, and for every job position so vulnerable, there is another created in the industry that is rendering them obsolete. So there is no crash, but it def feels like it to some.

Think coal, oil, legacy auto... They prefer their problem to appear as "everybody's problem", to grease the way for government assistance and bailout.
If and when the fed raises rates, there will be a taper tantrum and market will go down. Have given up a long time ago trying to time the market and always have some cash available for downturns or emergency’s. Don’t get anything on cash but in a down market nice to have. Just buy winner companies like Tesla and go along for the ride. Will do ok in long run.

I have gotten used to a stock price run-up just before ER [buy the rumor] for the usual record breaking quarterly results (which the current P/D report confirmed again this time) followed by a "sell-the-news" dip right after the ER date. However, this time there is no buying-the-rumor so far with only 1 week left. What does that mean ? Are we going to get a last-minute rapid rise this last week or the market decided to ignore TSLA and we no longer get those price-waves ?
Well there's still a week.

Given that every company gets dumped on after reporting record earnings, may be the buy the news crowd find it too risky.

The buy the news crowd are only there to take profit off large institutional buy ins after earnings. That means they will just take profit and we will be back at square one even with good earnings. There needs to be some kind of surprise (like massive increase in margins out of left field) may do the trick. I don't think Tsla profitable without regulatory credits would do it. Everyone is kind of expecting that.

I mentioned this on Options thread and thought I’d share my weekend discovery here on main thread….

Webull mobile app is frickin’ amazing for TSLA… it is most powerful and intuitive thing I’ve seen on iPhone and configurable and syncs with calendar (for earnings calls) and has very configurable charts and price,

Want texting news alerts? Done
institutional buying metrics? Done
Short sale activity metrics? Done
want to be texted the 4 am premarket price? Done
Want to never die and never grow old? Watch the movie Cocoon…. Webull doesn’t do that yet.

Still I am pleasantly surprised… consider yourself invited by yours truly homies:

9 glorious minute of logistics at Giga Shanghai:

30+ car carriers loading simultaneously, plus steady departing traffic.

Cheers!
I'm surprised it takes so long to load each trailer though, cars tricking on so slowly.... IMHO they're not loading with the kind of Tesla-Shanghai-efficiency I'd expect.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it takes so long to load each trailer though, cars tricking on so slowly.... IMHO they're not loading at the kind of Tesla-Shanghai-speed I'd expect.
You drive it on slowly, then someone gets on and secures it. Whole process probably take 5 mins so to you it may seem like only one car got onto the trailer in this video. They are not pit stop workers during a Le Mans race.

Go buy more puts then. QQQ can move down another 10% and TSLA earnings would still be a bigger impact than macro.

GTFO with the caring bear nonsense.
1626659450369.gif

I'm surprised it takes so long to load each trailer though, cars tricking on so slowly.... IMHO they're not loading with the kind of Tesla-Shanghai-efficiency I'd expect.

6 car carriers per hour, 7 cars each, 24x7 for the whole month, is 33 thousand cars produced and SHIPPED. What were you 'expecting'? :p

I expect TSLA to Open at 638.32 at 07:30 ET Mon. :p