Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon doesn’t care about share price right now.

It seems like he cares very much about the share price. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing this frantic binge-purge delivery phenomenon at the end of each quarter.

Which is ok by me, because I care about the share price too.

Looking forward to the day when Tesla's survival no longer occupies any more of my thoughts. I figured that day would've arrived by now. Perhaps it has, and I just don't see it clearly yet.

Ugly price action so far.

Looking forward to the day when Tesla's survival no longer occupies any more of my thoughts. I figured that day would've arrived by now. Perhaps it has, and I just don't see it clearly yet.

Just as a matter of perspective: if you think the longs are the only fretting, consider the life of a short for a second: right now things are fine - of course. But just image Tesla signs a deal with let's say Ford/GM on a drive-train deal to supply Pick-ups, or let's say that Tesla signs a deal with Mercedes on electric Sprinters [note how @KarenRei has not reacted to my previous poking...].

Something like this could be an "out of the blue" positive catalyst that even boneheaded Wall St. would get their heads around and which could reverse the current price action at a moment's notice... [no advice, no - seriously, I'm not going to advise any shorts ;-) ]

Sneak Edit: Norway at 181 deliveries for the day - this could be another all-time record delivery day for them today.

Last edited:
It's clearly escalation tactics: trying to force Elon to settle a second time. Pretty much the only option the SEC has left IMHO, the facts are against them and their legal arguments seem weak.

Except that I don't think they'll be able to force Elon to settle this time around. Contempt of court proceedings are 'risky' to Elon, but also mercifully accelerated - unless the judge wants it all to go slow that is. Still even in the worst case it should be over in months, not '~5 years' like the average civil lawsuit takes to resolve ...

SEC lawyers employ the age-old tactic:
- if the law is against you, then you pound on the facts
- if the facts are against you, then you pound on the law
- if both the facts and the law is against you, then you pound on the table

thats why they keep filing longer and less meaningful papers, they have nothing solid to say, so they say all kinds of rubbish hoping something might stick...

It seems like he cares very much about the share price. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing this frantic binge-purge delivery phenomenon at the end of each quarter.

Which is ok by me, because I care about the share price too.

I think "binge/purge" is a bit misleading. They are directing their resources to best effect. The fewer number of cars in transit at the end of the quarter, the better the books look. I guess in this way Tesla is making decisions based on the stock price somewhat, but overall, I think they have found a delivery cycle that works for them and they are sticking to it.

Dan

Not sure how applicable that phrase is to the SEC's supervisory assistant chief litigation counsel who's bringing the case (Cheryl Crumpton) ;)
No, no...

She is obviously of Italian decent and the phrase is a reference to "Got 'em by the Matzo Balls" which is an Italian dumpling. He is calling her dumpling...it's a term of endearment...aka-bribery.

LOL!

Dan

Regarding the SEC drama - great posts @Fact Checking - really you have no idea how much I enjoy reading your posts! Thanks!

Likewise. The rigorous and insightful analysis from @Fact Checking, based on referenced public documents, along with such a pleasing presentational style, make these reads something of a daily addiction for me. Similar kudos to @KarenRei and @ReflexFunds. I think Karen is phenomenally quick on the draw to be hitting the target so consistently. I look for this level of quality reporting elsewhere and come up empty.

Last edited:
If the c
I think "binge/purge" is a bit misleading. They are directing their resources to best effect. The fewer number of cars in transit at the end of the quarter, the better the books look. I guess in this way Tesla is making decisions based on the stock price somewhat, but overall, I think they have found a delivery cycle that works for them and they are sticking to it.

Dan

If the company were privately held, do you think Tesla would be doing deliveries like this?

Model 3 prices are still the same o_O

Breaking...

If that's not BAF, I don't know what is!

Tesla on Twitter

upload_2019-3-19_15-11-12.png

Since FUD has clearly dominated market movements in TSLA recently, I have just sold some other securities and am buying more TSLA. This drop may go on for some time, especially with broader uncertainty, but...
-Shanghai officials are suggesting the GF3 factory may be done in May! If true it is quite feasible that production on some basis could well begin sooner than expected, maybe even CKD which I admit I have always expected would happen before the entire factory buildout could be completed;
- The ever-present EOQ delivery push has begun in earnest;
-ASP for Model 3 probably has remained above early expectations, otherwise why eliminate Lemur?
-possibly the largest question now is whether S and X volumes have remained robust. This we don't yet know.

Looking towards the rest of the year it is hard to imagine very much real negative developments for TSLA except:
- Texas service prohibition;
- Other specific anti-Tesla government policies/regulations/laws.
Those negatives are ever-present but gaining virulence, but I expect those to be outweighed by other positive developments.

Unquestionably I am an optimist regarding TSLA. I am also a realist, so I am fully prepared for serious official FUD and obstruction. It will not stop.

So why buy more anyway? Simply because China, EU and elsewhere will overwhelm the FUD, coupled with increasingly material growth for storage products and grid services. California and CARB States will not be defeated either by the Environmental Pillaging Agency nor other executive branch obstruction. That means Tesla vehicle demand in the US will continue to rise even despite Texas etc. Then glance at the posts right now regarding deliveries in the EU.

Dozens of people have posted facts supporting a positive outlook. I choose to skip the dramatics including delivery and support teething pains as well as FUD.