Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you even work 110 hours a week??? I can honestly say I don't think I've ever worked more than 60 in a week in my life, and I'd consider a particularly busy week anything over 50!! But I'm British and we're a little more laid back. ;) (Or I'm probably quite lazy!)

As for your goal, doing nothing at all beyond sitting on TSLA should see you there in 10 years or so, assuming you are only just into multimillionaire status.
2 jobs, versatile skills (clinical, where I can work anywhere in the hospital, and retail), live within 10 minutes of both jobs, enjoy my work, and last but not least…used to fully functioning on ~4-7 hours of sleep every night lol 😊

TLDR of the video

1. Over 90% of all consumer electronic batteries are not recycled

2. A few hundred iphone has enough cobalt for one tesla model 3.

3. Everyone announcing these aspirational plans on making EVs did not do the math because the supply chain is not there, more notability the mines

4. It takes 8 years to go from discovery to volume production from an individual mine

5. Recycling consumer electronics that end up in landfills or someone's garage is the lowest hanging fruit and we should have a call to arm

6. Solid state batteries from QS is not going to be in a 2023 year model or anything, still "few years away". Technology is amazing, however manufacturing is the major issue.

7. After the Model S launched, JB and Elon thought every car company will try to copy it immediately and they thought they need to carve out a niche market but this did not happen. <--- This right here is why Tesla is the biggest company by market cap in the sector today. So it seemed that Tesla have changed their business plans due to the critics, the skeptics, and the lack of movement from legacy auto. Their intention was never to be to where they are today, but other's inaction forced their hands.

Last edited:
How do you even work 110 to 115 hours a week? That's an average of 16 a day, 7 days a week?! I can honestly say I don't think I've ever worked more than 60 in a week in my life, and I'd consider a particularly busy week anything over 50!! But I'm British and we're a little more laid back. ;) (Or I'm probably quite lazy!)

As for your goal, doing nothing at all beyond sitting on TSLA should see you there in 10 years or so, assuming you are only just into multimillionaire status.

I've had physical jobs that I was on the clock for 130-140 hours/week and of course commercial fishing can amount to those kind of hours but fisherman don't keep track of work hours. This is very good for investing because the overtime adds up like crazy and it's pretty difficult to spend any money when working that much! How does anyone manage to do it? You need to be energetic and know how to conserve energy and take care of yourself. It helps to be under 40 too. If you do this you will fall asleep within 30 seconds of your head hitting the pillow. Waking up to do it again is a matter of willpower.

Maybe a bit OT but I know that all of you are successful in your fields and maybe have some ideas for me.
I work as much as I possibly can (~110-115 hours a week) and invest everything I can into TSLA. Ever since my investing portfolio surpassed the multimillion dollar mark, I moved my goal to 8 figures. I can’t for the life of me, figure out how to get there though. Anyone have any ideas? Real estate and owning a business are the only other things I can think of at this point. But I’m not so sure about either of those.
I know it’s not all about money, and I’m so so grateful for everything I have, but I think…”if so many people in the world figured out how to achieve 8 figures within a few years, maybe I can too.”
It matters quite a bit what type of account you have your TSLA shares 401K, Roth , traditional , taxable brokerage account , etc. for example if you have $2 million is not all yours as uncle same will grab a big % depending on if when you sell and which type of account ... if you don't have heirs ... you should focus on enjoying yourself ... if you let your Tesla shares ride you may very well hit your goal ... while playing dead ;)

more importantly did buy a Tesla yet?

1. 31
2. Pharmacist. Not married, no kids, don’t own a home. No debt.
3. I feel like sometimes, what makes me happy is working toward and achieving a goal. I think I need new, non monetary goals…😅
you’re doing just fine

just stay on top of your asset allocations as your scenario and goals change. you may hit a spot where you think your emergency fund should be a little more robust, or vice versa. the industry wants you believe it’s difficult, but it’s mostly common sense. and you already did the most difficult part. you’re young, free and clear of debt, have a nest egg, and have your whole life in front of you. excellent work!

I think you will be surprised how wealthy you will become if you just keep doing what you are doing for several more years. If you want it faster than that, and you don't want to take on excessive risk, I can't help you.

You say you understand that "money isn't everything" but I question whether you fully embrace that. Remember to keep your eye on the ball. And in this case, the ball is life happiness. More money than you already have will not increase your happiness further (it might even reduce it). Spend less, live more. Money does not equal self-worth or make a life fulfilling no matter how much some people tell themselves it will.

Good advice. I've heard the technical term Pajama Rich and wondered exactly how rich that is. Eight figures? Nine? Mountain owner?

Today I realized it's a state of mind, and realized I'm already Underwear Rich. The mailman didn't run away screaming when I answered my door in my underpants, although who knows if he'll request a different delivery route. But that's a problem for the Postal Service ("Neither rain, nor sleet, nor dark of night, nor underpants..."), not me. That's the good life.

Need Help: Pardon for asking a question that might've been answered already.
This is in the context of tax fling in USA
  • Can someone point me to the thread on TMC for personal income taxes discussion?
  • May I know which software you use for preparing taxes? If you don't use any software, do you have any information you can share that you think can be helpful, do you use Google Sheets or Excel?
  • Did you deal with having to deal with wash sale adjustments due to transactions in IRA accounts?
  • I have TSLA stock and Options transactions. For Wash sale adjustment, do you treat each option (Expiry+Strike+OptionType) as independent unrelated security. For example, from wash sale perspective, do you treat TSLA stock purchase, sale as unrelated to an option (especially call options) on TSLA? How about the same question, if the options are different by expiry and/or strike and/or type (call/put)?
  • Does anyone here have any experience with Gainskeeper or Tradelog or similar software? I have a Mac, unfortunately Tradelog doesn't seem to have native Mac support.

Reactions: UncaNed
For the record, neither of Squawksquare’s “rumors” were even close to being true. He’s going in the pile with Fred and Sawyer
Relatively speaking, that's nothing but insulting Sawyer, and perhaps even Fred :cool:
Sawyer never came out as someone who's using TSLA for just money through short-term trading in TSLA, shorting TSLA anytime the stock seem to be weak at the moment.
Fred's information/leaks are at least sometimes true.

OT
Pursue money and you will not find happiness
Pursue happiness and you may find money.
You do not want to be the richest person in the graveyard.

HODL TSLA for the best exponential growth prospects.
Bet on Tesla for the best long-term species survival prospects.
Enjoy life & your weekend...
You all here are the best!!! I’ve been here for a little over a year and truly have learned so much from all of you. 💖

The Tesla Bot is a force-multiplier: It makes all future Tesla factories more efficient.
By how much is yet unknown. But as Elon says: The rate of improvement is really important. And I think the rate will be high.

The Tesla Bot may be the crucial building block for the alien dreadnought.

So, instead of only building more buildings and equipment, Tesla is starting to build the most adaptable and flexible factory equipment they can think of: Bots.
First_Order_Stormtrooper_Corps.jpeg

So its been a week with the new Model S long range...

Much to love about the car and man how they have come a long way since my 2012 Model S.

The yoke has a learning curve to to say the least. Can't think of a way it is an improvement. Bit of a party trick but it's fine. They probably will lose some orders solely because of it (not an issue now of course).

The bigger issue was the turn signals on the wheel. Not a good experience, especially for lane changes. Lots of looking for the button and hard to do a soft (one blink) vs hard push (stays on).

So along comes a software update last night and what a change. Now the blinker only has one type of press (stays on) and the frikin' car now senses the completion of the lane change and automatically turns the signal off. Worked flawlessly on my way to work.

Just a small anecdote why this company is so amazing. More shares needed.

Elon just turned the resume world upside down and I expect to be hired later today.

In no particular order, Elon, these are my exceptional talents.

• Can herd cats
• Went all in TSLA in 2012 and HELD through every single sky is falling event to date without blinking
• Have scored and maintained a safety score of 💯for multiple days

The end.
Wait. You can actually herd cats? 🙀
I'm gonna need to see video evidence of this.

Need Help: Pardon for asking a question that might've been answered already.
This is in the context of tax fling in USA
  • Can someone point me to the thread on TMC for personal income taxes discussion?
  • May I know which software you use for preparing taxes? If you don't use any software, do you have any information you can share that you think can be helpful, do you use Google Sheets or Excel?
  • Did you deal with having to deal with wash sale adjustments due to transactions in IRA accounts?
  • I have TSLA stock and Options transactions. For Wash sale adjustment, do you treat each option (Expiry+Strike+OptionType) as independent unrelated security. For example, from wash sale perspective, do you treat TSLA stock purchase, sale as unrelated to an option (especially call options) on TSLA? How about the same question, if the options are different by expiry and/or strike and/or type (call/put)?
  • Does anyone here have any experience with Gainskeeper or Tradelog or similar software? I have a Mac, unfortunately Tradelog doesn't seem to have native Mac support.
Tradelog has served me well, fwiw. Tracking wash sales across multiple accounts and for both stock and options is automatic. And it's saved me on more than one occasion from having a wash sale permanently lost due to an IRA trade.