Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe you should also look at the average balance people have in retirement accounts: 401(k) Balance: How You Compare to Others Your Age
  • Twentysomethings (Age 20–29): Average 401(k) balance: $10,500

• Thirtysomethings (Age 30–39): Average 401(k) balance: $38,400

• Fortysomethings (Age 40–49): Average 401(k) balance: $93,400

• Fiftysomethings (Age 50–59): Average 401(k) balance: $160,000

• Sixtysomethings (Age 60–69): Average 401(k) balance: $182,100

• Seventysomethings (Age 70–79): Average 401(k) balance: $171,400

The average person isn't even buying 400 shares of TSLA period. Not even if they sold everything they owned and invested every cent they could in it. (Which a lot of people can't, their 401k doesn't allow it.)
You sure that is not the average account balance growth last week for TSLA shareholders based upon age?

Thank you for bringing things into line.

If I divide the float by the number of Tesla owners (2,000,000) I get 400 shares per which translates into a retirement savings of $364K.

So if the average Tesla owner has $300K in retirement savings and were getting good financial advice rather than bad, they would consume essentially the entire float.

So if:

A) Tesla does not ship junk, and
B) Peter's book is complimentary (you find one in every car), and
C) Customers recognize that the Magellan Fund [run by Peter] made Fidelity Investments

The entire float will be absorbed by high conviction customers and the stock price response to demand will be stiff?
Nice thinking, but you are off by orders of magnitude regarding share ownership by Tesla owners. Also most all company retirement plans do not allow for individual stock picking investing, so nice, but no.

Now I expect the roll back to make headlines, maybe just in time for the MMD.

Except that if you're following what's going on, it's very apparent the rollback taking FSDbeta away was accidental. They meant to just revert back to 10.2.

Twitter is insanely annoying. Instead of just waiting an hour or two, they just scream "Our FSDbeta has been taken away!"......even when Elon makes it clear on his twitter post they're just taking it back to 10.2

A good question to ponder. I used to think Gigas Austin and Berlin would drastically reduce the wait times in the US and Europe. But now I think the wait lists will only continue to grow as more people become aware of Tesla and how much better these cars are than anything else on the road. The S-curve is just beginning:

This news just prompted me to order Shadowfax. Estimated delivery date is next August.

I don't get why there is even debate on the definition.

You have no TSLA position today. You by a million worth tomorrow and you are a Teslanaire?

Has to come from gains ONLY.
Since we're on such technicalities do you also want to make it NET gains then?

For example if long-term at 15% tax rate then one would need about 1.18M in pre-tax gains.

If short term and assuming 40% tax rate then one would neeed 1.67M in pre-tax gains to join the club.

Except that if you're following what's going on, it's very apparent the rollback taking FSDbeta away was accidental. They meant to just revert back to 10.2.

Twitter is insanely annoying. Instead of just waiting an hour or two, they just scream "Our FSDbeta has been taken away!"......even when Elon makes it clear on his twitter post they're just taking it back to 10.2
Perfect excuse for the media to make a huge deal about this. The "reversion/rollback" confusion will be a great opportunity to create FUD. I'll be surprised if they don't use it.

Since we're on such technicalities do you also want to make it NET gains then?

For example if long-term at 15% tax rate then one would need about 1.18M in pre-tax gains.

If short term and assuming 40% tax rate then one would neeed 1.67M in pre-tax gains to join the club.
LOL someone needs to create a little side gig making Teslanaire patches. That person gets to decide the qualifications that will permit people to send in $39.99 to get their Teslanaire patch.

Perfect excuse for the media to make a huge deal about this. The "reversion/rollback" confusion will be a great opportunity to create FUD. I'll be surprised if they don't use it.
It shows that Tesla is years ahead of everyone else in software and OTA updates. They find something they don't like in a new release, immediately remove it, upload improved version soon. Amazing. If I want map update on my Jeep, I have to pay for an already outdated CD....

LOL someone needs to create a little side gig making Teslanaire patches. That person gets to decide the qualifications that will permit people to send in $39.99 to get their Teslanaire patch.
Patches..., we don't need no stink'n patches!!! We got financial independence, islands, mountains, Teslas, yachts, and/or planes!

OT: Was at COTA F1 today, so wishing there was a Roadster and Cybertruck on display, lots of Ferraris, Lambos, Aston Martins, etc. Tesla display would have crushed it. Next year…

Attachments

• 47072974-2D93-46CE-A3EC-C3E754FDF3A2.jpeg
    47072974-2D93-46CE-A3EC-C3E754FDF3A2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
I don't get why there is even debate on the definition.

You have no TSLA position today. You by a million worth tomorrow and you are a Teslanaire?

Has to come from gains ONLY.
early on a person that crosses the Million $ mark should get some credit. I started with $+80k "IF" I get to $1,000,000 I'm damn sure gonna claim to be a Soft Musketeer. And if a guy pony ups $1,000,000 to buy TSLA he should get a membership card as well... just a "Soft" one.
But to consider something you haven't mentioned...what about the guy that bought 6.5 million shares. he's not considered a Musketeer until his average stock price goes up 18 cents?