Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$1125 is tomorrows PT right?
Wait, I really want to buy more! I want it to go up because that’s great for the x number of shares I have but I still want to get 80-100 more, preferably on sale, to add to my collection.
When does a person ever say they bought their last TSLA shares, because I said that and two days later was trying to find a way to buy more.

Wait, I really want to buy more! I want it to go up because that’s great for the x number of shares I have but I still want to get 80-100 more, preferably on sale, to add to my collection.
When does a person ever say they bought their last TSLA shares, because I said that and two days later was trying to find a way to buy more.

You are having too much fun! Just buy them already and get over with it. 😂

Confused on your numbers. Do you mean 30% NET margin, not gross?
I meant gross because it's harder to predict how much SG&A will grow, but it will be a small portion of costs at 10 million vehicles per year scale, because they have such a lean corporate structure. So I anticipate net operating margin being close to gross margin by then. Original post was unclear about this, sorry.

Reactions: kbM3
So, my girlfriend wants me to sell half my TSLA shares since it is so high and "lock it in" by putting it into VOO instead. I told her that wouldn't be financially prudent, I even made up a quick spreadsheet showing her the projected outcomes of both plans, but she still thinks its a better plan to "lock it in".

I told her she can sell half of HER Tesla shares and do that if she wants to. Unfortunately she doesn't have any TSLA shares! :p

Explain to her that selling 1/2 and dipping into VOO would be like dating her and 10 - 12 of her friends and not really committing to any of them out of an extreme fear of commitment; while being monogamous with TSLA is like going all in on her.

Tell her you prefer monogamy and you showcase it everyday with your commitment to TSLA, unless she wants you dating 10-12 of her friends.

Explain to her that selling 1/2 and dipping into VOO would be like dating her and 10 - 12 of her friends and not really committing to any of them out of an extreme fear of commitment; while being monogamous with TSLA is like going all in on her.

Tell her you prefer monogamy and you showcase it everyday with your commitment to TSLA, unless she wants you dating 10-12 of her friends.
Before we like/dislike, can we see her friends? Just sayin...

Welp, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my red Long Range Model Y. Black interior, tow hitch, 19" wheels.

It's time for me to not only be a shareholder but a customer too. I'm a multi-Teslanaire now due to TSLA, at some point I need to ease up on my frugal nature and enjoy a bit of my new found wealth, and what better way to do that than to own the very product I'm invested in and excited about. In the past two days I've earned three Model Y's worth of valuation, upon reflection it just seems stupid and silly of me to not buy a Model Y due to a couple of price hikes I can easily afford to absorb.

Expected delivery is in May 2022, time for the long wait!!!! I wonder what the share price will be next May when I take delivery of my first Tesla!!!! :D
When I bought my first lot (late 2019), I just wanted enough appreciation to pay for my Tesla. I am happy to report I could actually afford a fleet of Tesla robotaxi, and yes, I join the Teslanaire club! 😀

Welp, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my red Long Range Model Y. Black interior, tow hitch, 19" wheels.

It's time for me to not only be a shareholder but a customer too. I'm a multi-Teslanaire now due to TSLA, at some point I need to ease up on my frugal nature and enjoy a bit of my new found wealth, and what better way to do that than to own the very product I'm invested in and excited about. In the past two days I've earned three Model Y's worth of valuation, upon reflection it just seems stupid and silly of me to not buy a Model Y due to a couple of price hikes I can easily afford to absorb.

Expected delivery is in May 2022, time for the long wait!!!! I wonder what the share price will be next May when I take delivery of my first Tesla!!!! :D
Welcome to the world's most enjoyable club - TSLA and Tesla.

I need anti FUD help guys.

I have been enduring his anti-Tesla posts for couple years know but now it has reached a point of non sense that needs to be adresses. What approach would you recommend to counter his FUD? https://m.facebook.com/comment/repl...mention&notif_id=1634257519434959&ref=m_notif

He keeps linking CNN articles and his main arguments is that Chinese EV manufacturers bill beat Tesla price and quality and that nobody wants to own specifically a Tesla, that people want to own EVs and that’s what people are missing. He expects TSLA to reach a peak and collapse, he sold 75% of his position in 2020.

Would this help?

cnn-fake-news-gif-1.gif

Well Tesla went from a crappy process to a competitive process and now have surpassed legacy's process. Crappy to competitive took them a year and almost the company tho.

Tesla improving their manufacturing lines didn't almost cost them the company, it's what made them the raging success that they are today.

Saying that legacy auto knows how to manufacture in volume is doing a grave disservice to Tesla is who is showing legacy auto how bad their volume manufacturing and efficiency actually is. And these are the companies that laughed at Tesla because they had over 100 years of experience they thought was unassailable. In the four short years since the Model 3 ramp began, Tesla has shown them just how little that 100 years of experience was worth. That is the arrogance of legacy auto and it's also what caused them to become so fat and lazy that they can make hundreds of millions of cars over the last 20 years with barely any real profit to show for it. Products that are a terrible value and that threaten our climate. They have failed to do the number one thing that defines a good company: create value. They are value destroyers.

Legacy auto has become so fat and lazy that a small upstart named Tesla, a company smaller than a gnats eyelash relative to the majors, could waltz right in and show them how it's done. The entrenched automakers have been falling all over themselves trying to replicate what Tesla has done with EV's, right down to copying the large center screen that they were so critical of to begin with, and yet their cars still don't measure favorably and they can't even hope to match Tesla on pricing or volumes without going bankrupt.

Yeah, legacy auto really knows how to manufacture in volume. :rolleyes: /s

So, my girlfriend wants me to sell half my TSLA shares since it is so high and "lock it in" by putting it into VOO instead. I told her that wouldn't be financially prudent, I even made up a quick spreadsheet showing her the projected outcomes of both plans, but she still thinks its a better plan to "lock it in".

I told her she can sell half of HER Tesla shares and do that if she wants to. Unfortunately she doesn't have any TSLA shares! :p

Tesla investors: "Locking in" big gains since 2013. 🤣

I propose we rename it to "Locking out" big gains. :oops:

Tesla improving their manufacturing lines didn't almost cost them the company, it's what made them the raging success that they are today.

Saying that legacy auto knows how to manufacture in volume is doing a grave disservice to Tesla is who is showing legacy auto how bad their volume manufacturing and efficiency actually is. And these are the companies that laughed at Tesla because they had over 100 years of experience they thought was unassailable. In the four short years since the Model 3 ramp began, Tesla has shown them just how little that 100 years of experience was worth. That is the arrogance of legacy auto and it's also what caused them to become so fat and lazy that they can make hundreds of millions of cars over the last 20 years with barely any real profit to show for it. Products that are a terrible value and that threaten our climate. They have failed to do the number one thing that defines a good company: create value. They are value destroyers.

Legacy auto has become so fat and lazy that a small upstart named Tesla, a company smaller than a gnats eyelash relative to the majors, could waltz right in and show them how it's done. The entrenched automakers have been falling all over themselves trying to replicate what Tesla has done with EV's, right down to copying the large center screen that they were so critical of to begin with, and yet their cars still don't measure favorably and they can't even hope to match Tesla on pricing or volumes without going bankrupt.

Yeah, legacy auto really knows how to manufacture in volume. :rolleyes: /s
Whoa, Tesla did not waltz right in. Telsa's grind have taught Elon to show great respect for those who can manufacture in volume. He practically says it every chance he gets. So I'm not going to downplay the only respectable area legacy auto has. It was only recently that Tesla has improved enough to surpass them...but Tesla was pretty much struggling at volume production for like a decade.

I wouldn't say it irritates me, but I tend to trust my own analysis and judgement over people who are bad with money. I mean, my girlfriend isn't terrible with money but she does not save and she spends almost as much as she makes, like most people do today.

Okay, yeah it irritates me a bit. 😉

No wonder she wants you to sell it! It can't be spent until it's been sold! And it stops working for you the minute it's sold.

Whoa, Tesla did not waltz right in. Telsa's grind have taught Elon to show great respect for those who can manufacture in volume. He practically says it every chance he gets. So I'm not going to downplay the only respectable area legacy auto has. It was only recently that Tesla has improved enough to surpass them...but Tesla was pretty much struggling at volume production for like a decade.

Let's not re-write history. The Model 3 was Tesla's first high-volume car. But it wasn't because they struggled to get Model S to high volume, that was by design. Tesla never intended to produce the Model S or Model X in high volumes. And being good at making cars in high volume is not measured by the volume alone but by the value created. In other words, the cost per unit to manufacture. And in the context of over a century of auto-making, one decade is "waltzing right in". It's not like the majors didn't ridicule Tesla for the first 10 years. I never said Tesla didn't struggle the first decade. But that is a flash in the pan compared to the century+ of experience of the majors.

Tesla is killing those who, by their own brags, have been making cars in volume for over a century. Watch it unfold now and (especially) over the next 2-3 years. And that's all I'm going to say on that.

Last edited: