Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those interested hearing Ron Baron commenting on Tesla, on CNBC in the 7 o’clock hour.

Cost basis $42/shr for 6m shares. Bought in 2014 & probably holding for another 10 years.

Roger Penske advised against Tesla.

Baron looks for investment opportunities where the investment is heavily investing. This was Tesla.

Others can’t do what EM has done because they don’t have EM, see VW use of Elon to inspire their management. EM works 19 hours a day. Focus on supply chain helped Tesla grow through supply chain issues that others stumbled through.

Also excited by SpaceX how successful they recruit talent.

Problem is, I believe @Sofie is already higher than 1,420

So of the 100,000 Hertz is buying, half will be loaned out to Uber drivers?
Tesla > Hertz 100,000 by end of 2022 (initial order)
Tesla > Hertz > Uber 50,000 "BY 2023"

"BY 2023" - add own interpretation - Gary Black says not incremental, I say it might / will involve SOME extra cars, but I expect Hertz to increase past its initial order anyway as Teslas prove to be an economic success for Hertz

1635333875757.png

This is a fun read - thanks for sharing @Dangerous Fish

“Hertz……teamed up with Carvana Co to dispose of the cars it no longer wants”.

🤣

I am guessing the author was looking for ways to more gently suggest they were moving away from their existing ICE, but the choice of ‘Dispose’ is probably more fitting - and the choice of ‘it no longer wants’ is becoming an obvious metaphor for the entire ICE fleet. The MMs Algorithms will need their own Dojo to find and replace such unintentional wordsmithing if they are to protect the Old Paradigm on Wall Street

Tesla received early commencement permitting for further construction and testing from Brandenburg State office of Environment, incl. complete paintshop cycle of 250 vehicles:

@GF4Tesla on Twitter has a link to the full document, for those interested in reading the 43 pages (German only). Page 5 refers to the 250 vehicles.

@Artful Dodger - it's the real deal....

Tesla is allowed to erect further parts of the plant and test them for operational capability

Potsdam - The State Office for the Environment has approved the construction of additional parts of the Tesla vehicle factory in two further approvals for early commencement. In addition, the operational capability of other parts of the plant that have already been erected may be tested.

With the two decisions on the 17th and 19th approvals of early start (ZvB), the State Office for the Environment has decided on all pending applications under § 8a of the Federal Immission Control Act. The construction of further parts of the wastewater pretreatment plant and the installation of technical building equipment in the area of the central supply and disposal building were approved. The construction of pipe bridges, including pipes, fittings and pumps, can now also take place.

The testing of the operational capability of facilities in the foundry and paint shop area, some of which were already approved with the 15th ZvB, may now be continued. Temporary auxiliary equipment such as compressors, coolers, cylinder bundles for the storage of technical gases and heating centres may be used for this purpose. In particular, pressure tests on various pipes and containers as well as the testing of various parts of the painting plant are permitted.

The final tests in the approval procedure are ongoing. Currently, the comments of objectors in the online consultation, which ended on 14 October, are being examined. From 2 November, the online consultation will be repeated for reasons of legal certainty. A date for a decision can therefore not be given.
What's this PERMIT nonsense just to start production anyway? It's Tesla's factory, let them do what they want. It doesn't belong to the local 'gummint. At the very least, they need to compensate Tesla for the wasted production time.

EDIT- I like a clean environment as much as anybody, but Germany seems to introduce unnecessary stumbling blocks with impunity it does not deserve.

From what I can see of the Environmental Protection Agency here in the US, for, example, they are their own worst enemy, discrediting themselves with excessive, illogical regulations typical of most US Agencies and bureaus to the point they lose credibility.

Last edited: