Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day is not over yet... let's wait (I see Frankfurt climbing back up as folks plug these numbers into their calculators...) :)

To be fair, the opening bell hasn't even rung yet...

Production 86.555, deliveries 90.700 - seems to me that Tesla are still selling every single car they make. How is that not bullish?

I genuinely belive people still can not comprehend Musk, for any other company to drop prices would be seen as getting rid of hard to shift inventory. People can not fathom if production costs reduce these savings are then passed on to the consumer, they think a company should squeeze there customers dry!

Yup.

fwiw, Tesla’s move actually validates the notion of the tax credit...

~we know this transition is coming, in our common interest, but will take many years to ramp up and is worth investing in years before immediate profits have been proven so the long term payoff is not delayed~

(I do realize Elon preferred a carbon tax to subsidies to more accurately convey the market winning nature of EVs from the start)

IMO, the price cut is what will be spun most visciously as a disaster sign for TSLA.

And yet it is the opposite. Tesla is not only dominating its segments, the reason for the gigafactory is coming true. Its batteries are the best and its costs are the lowest and continuing to drop. It passes on some of the savings to consumers to continue the overwhelming demand. This is great business.

Tesla has a moat established only because of the Legacy makers foot dragging. It will continue until they finally realize they must own their battery production the same way they had to own the engine production for their ICE cars. Every day puts them another day behind in what they must do.

Admit I am shocked at how stupid they are being. If this continues, Tesla will be the dominant manufacturer by far of EVs and cars come the middle of the decade.

And then this 2-week-old story pops-up once again on CNBC, amazing. It's pure criminal behaviour!

upload_2019-1-2_15-5-50.png

Like a wise man once said: "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you by interpreting data to fit their predefined narrative and presenting it without context for years, then they lose their everloving minds and fabricate fraud claims out of thin air for a few quarters, then you win."

So quotable... could pretty much sum it up as a helpful response to any Tesla bear/corporate media tweet, article, or video : )

I have to admit if I was Elon, I would not have dropped the price. Sure, it means progress towards $35k, but surely right now a higher, more sustainable looking profit margin would be better? Use the extra cash to invest for the companies future. I'd be happy if they waited a month, or even a quarter before making the price reduction.
Why sell cars for less than the market is prepared to pay?

The problem is not the production or delivery numbers - but the $2000 price cut across the board for all models. There is still a $3750 tax credit but prices have to go down already in order to maintain production? The numbers were OK, albeit a bit on the lower side of my expectations.

Guys. What's Tesla's mission statement?

"To advance the advent of sustainable transport."

The more affordable the cars, the faster this happens.