Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if you’re looking for actionable data, why skew the results before they’re collected?
nothing scientific about that.

#2 is the first loser

we could all just block her proactively instead. just sayin
The last thing in the world I want is actionable data. I do not wish to make any action that could result in a lawsuit or, worse, indictment:

Sorry to seem pedantic since so many people misuse that word even though most fo them should know better. I cringe, since I do everything I can do to avoid legal hassles. When they have happened I have prevailed, in large part because I have avoided doing actionable things.

Weekend assignment for me is to calculate all my calls and covered call plus minuses:)

The recent price action is making me work just like the post S&P times… keeps going up

No balancing preemptive actions and one can lose all their shares. Hate having CCs ITM and make the whole account as dead weight - so some surgery is required- need to determine at what price to take action too

All strategies have pros & cons :)

Last edited:
The Hertz deal finally made me Understand Tesla and the bears vs bulls. I will quote a bear:

This is how the bears see the company. A long string of one time events that are totally unconnected. Events of the type that don’t in any meaningful way indicate that there will be other in the future.

What the bulls see is that Tesla somehow has some different properties than other companies that will lead to many other of these events in the future. That each one time event validates the thesis of this difference and leads to an increased likelihood of other one time events in the future.

Let take a kid T. T won the spelling bee competition, was in the final of Genius Junior and scored near max on SAT. Now it’s time for MCAT. How will the kid do? Expected to make an average score? Slightly above average? Top percentile?

This is Tesla. They have confounded the bears at every step, the bears thought they would score poorly on deliveries but they suprised them at every yearly test. The bears thought they would score low at operating margins, but they scored increasingly high at the last few tests. Then suddenly they win the Hertz competition, that was very unexpected nobody saw that one coming. So what does this say about Tesla? The bears think it doesn’t mean aning, Hertz was just a $4B order, nothing more. The main upcoming test is the 5M vehicles in 2025 test, Hertz test is to the spelling bee test, as the 5M deliveries 2025 test is to the MCAT test.

The bulls they think that the previous tests validates their thesis that the Tesla kid is different. That the Tesla kid is brilliant and good at winning competitions and scoring well at test and will do spectacular in the future. When they here these kids, this is how they feel that Tesla is compared to legacy car companies:
TL-DR: So, what you're saying it that Tesla will continue to dominate, it just might take a ... spell ... to get there. ;)

Yes, but we need to acknowledge that this UAW pork handout will slow real change. It will make people feel good that they "did their part" by buying a hybrid and they'll receive a fat credit for doing it. It slows the real transition away from oil, costs US taxpayers to do so, and rewards legacy manufacturers for continuing total idiots. Bravo!
Why do we have to acknowledge it? I’m more of the ignore the behavior you don’t want, praise the behavior you do want, and soon enough all you get is the behavior you want. Tesla mostly follows that too.

Okay, I’ll try it your way. Acknowledged. Now what?

@StrongGuyfor a real hoot tho, look at one of the favorites of one of the vanished TSLAQ crowd J Peterson
AXPW which in the split database has a 1:1,750 reverse split (1:35 and 1:50, but actually much worse as there were at least 3 reverse splits from memory, now AXPWQ, down 100%
Thanks for the flashback! I recall a tweet from J Peterson circa 2013 talking about how much AXPW would outperform TSLA. The AXPWQ ticker is a truly sight to behold.

Screenshot_20211030-092537.png

Screenshot_20211030-092700.png

Thanks for the flashback! I recall a tweet from J Peterson circa 2013 talking about how much AXPW would outperform TSLA. The AXPWQ ticker is a truly sight to behold.

View attachment 727446

View attachment 727445
This clown was the early epitome of TSLAQ. So sanctimonious, so certain of his Tesla disaster of the day (my favorites were the arguments against the raw materials that Tesla needed - there simply was not enough cobalt, not enough lithium etc. Etc.), so contemptuous of counter arguments, constantly harping on his decades of experience and in the end he was as clueless as an MFer could be and totally talking his BS book in the company above.

Wonder if he still has his Swiss Castle. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

just copy Gary Black moves, he has a good history at selling in the 900s then Buying back in the 600s. He just sold some position in the 1050s, just watch when he will buy back in the 1500s.

I tried to time the peak and bottoms before and lost 5M doing so in waiving gains during the 2770% run up. Sold at 1250 and was expecting to buy back in the 700s. Finally bought back at 1550 the same number of shares, and had to borrow on margin to get the sa,e number of shares, my worst mistake of all time. However, I realized it, accepted it and acted accordingly.
You gotta know when to hold’em, know when to fold’em. I communicate daily with the ghost of Kenny Rogers and he keeps telling me to hold’em.

You gotta know when to hold’em, know when to fold’em. I communicate daily with the ghost of Kenny Rogers and he keeps telling me to hold’em.
I’m actually thankful for capital gains taxes these days, because if not for their deterrent effect on selling, I would have gotten out back when we hit $500 post-split.

It’s now clearer than ever that six companies have broken away from the rest of the pack and represent the new economy. GAMMAT. They run the gamut of tech.

Oh, and by the way for all you masters of woke who love to trash Big Tech, guess who is fueling the rise in your index funds? GAMMAT represents around 25% of the S&P and a much higher percentage of its rise. Even if you don’t own any of these stocks individually, your financial future is very much tied to the success of GAMMAT. Stop biting the hand that feeds you.

.... Tesla is winning not because of government tax incentives, but in spite of them.
I'd argue while that seems true today, that Tesla's proper use of the incentives to develop their excellent designs and economies of scale while they were receiving the incentives was extremely helpful, possibly critical, to allowing them to survive to get to the position they are today. This is best confirmed by how close Elon claims Tesla really was to BK during the Model 3 ramp, during which, Tesla was still receiving the full incentive. Meanwhile, other legacy manufacturers saw it as a way to create pathetic compliance vehicles, sweeten their margins, and basically have nothing to show for it.