Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I highly, highly doubt that only $6 billion could feed the world’s hungry since the raw cost/production of agriculture in the US is about $250 billion per year (~1% of GDP)… That’s not even counting distribution and other costs.

Worldwide agricultural output is probably in the range of ~$4 trillion.
Oh it absolutely cant

Your Sunday gaslighting:

AC11AC9F-E3D8-4CD1-AB11-6EB543D04A2C.jpeg

All these are true and not new. I am sure WFP is aware and tries their best, and I doubt it can be solved anywhere close to 100%. It will reach the needy, just how much. It does not mean we all should just give up entirely.
OK - Fobble has wasted enough of my grey cell energy - on the ignore list - Bye bye - @Fobble pls change your handle once you grow up or your donors stop feeding you. For the record, I really appreciate new and challenging points of view, just in case I'm caught in an echo chamber. But they have to make sense.

Last edited:
I recently planned a trip to the Blue Ridge GA area, searching first on VRBO, until I found there was no way to filter by EV charging. I Googled, found that I could do it on AirBnB by adding -94 (IIRC) to the end of the search string. I found a beautiful cabin by a bubbling brook, paid quite a bit more than I planned, but the freedom to be able to do day trips every day with a full charge was wonderful. So, from now on its AirBnB for me. I only wish hotel chains would also allow filtering for EV charging.
You can use Tesla's site to find hotels with destination charging in the U.S. at least. Of course there are hotels with other kinds of charging but no good way to find them AFAIK.

Reactions: UCF3
WTH is the methodology of this nonsense?!?

Methodology​

FinanceBuzz collected Google Trends search data on the most popular electric vehicles in the U.S., based on the best-selling EVs of 2021. This data was pulled on Oct. 7, 2021. The time frame for the collected data was set to the “Past 12 Months.” In the event of ties in any
SmartSelect_20211031-172142_Firefox.jpg
state, to determine the winner, the terms were compared head-to-head within Google Trends.
Because trending searches mean the car is popular, not that people are worried that it might burn their house down...
And not that new models would get a search bump...

Edit 2: fixed search terms
Edit 3: I think they used the S or X term? Article compares Tesla Models also, and that table makes zero sense ...
SmartSelect_20211031-172130_Firefox.jpg

SmartSelect_20211031-172142_Firefox.jpg

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211031-171511_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211031-171511_Firefox.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 61
  • SmartSelect_20211031-171528_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211031-171528_Firefox.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
GM with all the experience of the EV1 offloaded over half of the Bolt to LG Chem and they dropped the ball.

There is nothing about the current GM story that suggests they have any competence with EVs,

There's nothing about GM that would suggest they have any competence in anything.

Your Sunday gaslighting:

View attachment 727829

I'd say they got Hawai'i right. I see Teslas here, but I see a lot more Leafs. (Caveat: my observations are Maui only.)

I was flabbergasted when TSLA broke 900, and again when it broke 1,000 and now its latest close was 1,114! (And higher in after-market trading.) Has the world finally realized that Teslas are as good as I said they were back in 2011 when I bought my Roadster?